Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon attack enquiry tops bizarre FOI list

UM-Bot

A new list has been compiled detailing some of England's strangest Freedom of Information requests.

The Freedom of Information Act has opened up the opportunity for people to ask for data pertaining to some of the most bizarre things imaginable as evidenced by a recent compendium of requests compiled by the Local Government Association.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271117/dragon-attack-enquiry-tops-bizarre-foi-list

• Like 1

I'd expect Wigan council would contact the Super Mario brothers who would have the expertise needed in this field :tu:

Edited by HMS Dreadnought
  • Like 1

Well... I suppose if government agencies are planning for the "Zombie apocalypse", then a plan for dealing with a dragon attack is not too much out of line...

• Like 4

Please pause a moment while we play the theme to the Twilight Zone. :whistle:

Edited by MJNYC
  • Like 2

Well... I suppose if government agencies are planning for the "Zombie apocalypse", then a plan for dealing with a dragon attack is not too much out of line...

Technically speaking, all it'd take for a zombie-kinda scenario is some form of rabies that doesn't kill its host too quickly and spreads more easily. A biological weapon or a mutation of circumstances, because there doesn't seem to be such a case before in history, not that historians would know of or admit.

Oh, or maybe some kinda madness. Could be achieved by dumbening down of population (all kinda industrial waste residue coming to our system, food air water stuff we use chemicals for cleaning, list is long), couple that with some proper indoctrination like big brother and everyone think the same, and bully those who are different. Pack mentality & then some right ideas about how cannibalsm and being a rabid murderous eater will save the world from overpopulation and will end all human waste.... yes, I can see it already.... we're only a bit too smart and ethical now but who knows later...

Edited by Mikko-kun

This all seems perfectly reasonable. To me at least. And yes, I am dead serious.

• Like 2

Aside from Dragons I can see how several of these requests could actually come up in conversation lol. I guess that shows me who I've been hanging out with.

• Like 2

When was the last time someone was attacked by a dragon in England? Probably right around the time the zombie virus first showed up.

• Like 1

For some reason I just cannot muster the energy to feel even the slightest bit of embarrassment over this sort of thing.

I wonder if anyone asked for info on "The Doctor"?

• Like 1

When was the last time someone was attacked by a dragon in England? Probably right around the time the zombie virus first showed up.

St George sorted the last one :clap::gun:

• Like 2

Strange what sits at the forefront of peoples minds when able to ask the council to reveal anything...or some people just have such a poor grasp on reality and / or too much time on their hands.... :no:

It's easier to blubber about possible attacks from imaginary things than it is to concern oneself over real problems apparently.

• Like 1

6. How many holes in privacy walls between cubicles have been found in public toilets and within council buildings in the last 10 years? (Rossendale Council)

Whaaat?!?

• Like 1

It's easier to blubber about possible attacks from imaginary things than it is to concern oneself over real problems apparently.

Oh, it didn't take me a minute to come up with that, and minimal use of my brain. And I ain't no Einstein.

Here's how you concern yourself with real problems like these: war. To enlist or not to enlist. Or if you're in a country like Finland, to go to war like they order (if war comes of course) or to escape going to the front (deserter) and be an outlaw and possibly exercuted without trial if they find you. Rintamakarkuri (those who run from the frontier) are treated like that here if I'm not mistaken, if it's a real war. There's nothing to concern myself over that because it's all clear already.

Oh, it didn't take me a minute to come up with that, and minimal use of my brain. And I ain't no Einstein.

Nice to know you are so much more intelligent than I am.

Here's how you concern yourself with real problems like these: war. To enlist or not to enlist. Or if you're in a country like Finland, to go to war like they order (if war comes of course) or to escape going to the front (deserter) and be an outlaw and possibly executed without trial if they find you. Rintamakarkuri (those who run from the frontier) are treated like that here if I'm not mistaken, if it's a real war. There's nothing to concern myself over that because it's all clear already.

Was that some sort of an attack? Did I insult you inadvertently?

Quite frankly I do fear for a society if their top concern is attacks from imaginary things rather than their own, real lives. I am not about to let my statement be used as an impetus for some sort of lecture. (not saying this is what you are doing but I do wonder why you responded the way you did)

Eh, the dragon problem isn't a problem because I know this guy so I'm safe. :P

reign-of-fire-screenshot.jpg