Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for Hells Gates.

rashore

I'm compiling a map of Hells Gates and roads. And I'm looking for markers to put on that map.

I'm starting out right now using StrangeUSA's hell gates list: http://www.strangeusa.com/searchv2.aspx?q=hell%20gate

So now I'm looking for other gates- lesser known stories, cemeteries and buildings more known for their haunt than their gate.. Places where ill creatures are supposed to spawn from the earth or in the woods. Gates in other countries since I know pretty much nada about gates outside the U.S..

This is going to sound silly but... I'm looking for "real" gates please. As in places with a portal to hell reputation rather than a geological formation or jokes about places. And leave out debate or comments about there being no hell and so on please. What I'm doing is testing out a theory about superstitions/lore and where they show up/travel to/from.

I welcome suggestions of other underworld portals from religion/lore/mythology that is not hell connected too. I know not every underworld portal in history is directly hell related :)

Thanks for any suggestions folks can offer :)

• Like 1

Well that's stunningly lovely. Got any idea why it's called a hells gate? I can look it up, but if you got it handy that would be great.

It was the only Hells Gate I know.....Not sure how it got its name.

• 3 months later...

Look up the Old Maltby cemetary in Washington state. It is reported to have '13 step to hell' but that has never been confirmed. I have older sister who have friends who claim to have very strange experiences there. I don't know if the stories are 100% true, but I do know that the people who had the 'experiences' believe that they are true.

This place isn't only considered haunted or evil by people that I know. It is considered to be a creepy and strange place by any who visit there. It is closed now but many enterprising souls still enter. Look it up. At the very least you'll get some good stories.

Look up the Old Maltby cemetary in Washington state. It is reported to have '13 step to hell' but that has never been confirmed. I have older sister who have friends who claim to have very strange experiences there. I don't know if the stories are 100% true, but I do know that the people who had the 'experiences' believe that they are true.

This place isn't only considered haunted or evil by people that I know. It is considered to be a creepy and strange place by any who visit there. It is closed now but many enterprising souls still enter. Look it up. At the very least you'll get some good stories.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81354

sorry for being a neophyte but, what exactly are you looking for ? gate ?

I'm looking for stories or folklore about gates. Their locations, the stories that surround them. Entrances to the nether realms, hell, hades. This can be something like a cemetery with a physical gate called a hell gate, or a drive along county roads that if you go through them in sequence takes you to hell, or even historical orifices to other realms that oracles would sit on and speak "from the gods". Crossroads or places where it's noted that people encounter the devil or demons in general.

I'm not trying to prove if any of this is real or not, or the existence of demons or hell. I'm trying to pull together a theory I have about how legends travel, and what common points they have to them, what sets them apart from other stories.

Look up the devils cemetery in Russia.

They did an expedition there in the 90s and found it after hearing legends for centuries.

Personally I think it's a underground coal fire, but people have called it a portal to hell for hundreds of years so what do I know.

Edited by Use your brain

I could give you the address of where I first met my future ex... It must have been a gateway to hell, and she must have been on a work release program or something...

• Like 1