Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Curiosity rover's photo shows thigh bone

Funny how on Earth it can be seen as a bone in which case the observer will hand pick and careful evaluating. but on Mars it can only be a rock and ignored.

Interesting how our brains tend to superficially dismiss elements based on assumptions.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 3

Oh goody, they found that fossilized boot I left on Mars 217m years ago.

Been wondering where I put that.

• Like 2

Great! The former life on Mars died of Scurvy.

A Bottle of OJ added to my shopping list.

• Like 2

All three pictures look great but those are just weird rocks anyway. I believe that there was life at Mars long time ago but to find remains of it on surface of the planet today seems highly unlikely, someone should dig deep to search for clues i guess.

Pareidolia strikes again.

Admittedly it does look like a bone but minerals have a odd way of fracturing so I am more inclined to think it is just a rock, just like all the other rocks that some people screech are animals or fossilized remains.

By the way, isn't it "curious" in itself that all these supposed "fossils" are conveniently sitting on the surface of the planet, as if placed like a cheap prop?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

515.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA omg I almost wet my pants with this.

Anyway, where's the rest of the thingy? I mean, they only left a leg there?

• Like 2

See, even the title says "Bone-shaped rock". It is just a rock that happens to be shaped like something familiar.

• Like 4

If I was out fossil hunting (I have done quite a bit) and saw that, I might find it an interesting, might even kick the dust off it, but it is nothing I would take home. It is not a fossil bone.

• Like 2

I wish I had time to scour through Mars rover photographs.

I can see a tooth, so we now have a one toothed, one legged fossilized reptilian. Someone on Earths forefather maybe?

• Like 1

Seriously, NASA's quality control people need to fire whoever it is whose job it is to make sure all the photos of aliens, cities and spacecraft are either edited out or at least the photos not released if people are finding all this stuff all the time in the photos.

• Like 4

And it's surrounded by broken clay pots.

And cigarette butts and an old audio cassette.
  • Like 1