Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists seek heat from alien civilizations

UM-Bot

A new project is hoping to use heat detection to pick up signs of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Up until now the search for alien civilizations has focused mainly on the detection of extraterrestrial communications using radio telescopes, but with efforts to date yielding little in the way of results astronomers have been turning instead to a new technique that focuses on looking for heat rather than radio signals.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...n-civilizations

• Like 1

Great job utilizing these technologies...

WOW! humans are, saaa Mart!

key bit from article -

"But identifying them is another story. "Distinguishing that waste heat from ordinary astrophysical dust will be very difficult in many cases, and proving it's of alien origin will be even harder," he says"

• Like 1

Cue all of the folks around there that say that NASA and "science" in general doesn't want to find ET life......

I suppose if aliens are hot enough they would glow like stars anyway.

QUOTE-

"Distinguishing that waste heat from

ordinary astrophysical dust will be

very difficult in many cases, and

proving it's of alien origin will be

even harder,"

OR, if these "scientists" want to use their money wisely.., i have a bridge they can buy.

going cheap.....

"Aliens in Heat!" Can't wait for the movie.

kinda sounds like "Species" doesn't it.....

Ah I understand now I have read the article, I thought for a moment they were going to look for a high density and grouping of 3 bar electric fires on other worlds to see if the aliens are battening down the hatches for their winter lol :yes:

Seriously though, that is some amazing science, never ceases to fascinate me how much we can learn about other worlds without even travelling anywhere! :yes:

• Like 1

So, what happens if these alien civilizations happen to be cold blooded? Heat signatures are much harder to detect.

• 4 weeks later...

They can eat us Hot, eat us cold, eat us for Dinner, or breakfast too ! Aliens Like Humans even in a stew !Now the question will be What are we going to do If we find Aliens someday on a ocean planet that look like lobster and Tuna. Will we fish them up until theres all eatten too ? :alien::no:

This will be that road we shall cross in the far future If we dont eat everything here first !

Save your water !

Edited by DONTEATUS