Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cities Are Making Spiders Grow Bigger

Still Waters

Something about city life appears to be causing spiders to grow larger than their rural counterparts. And if that's not enough to give you nightmares, these bigger urban spiders are also multiplying faster.

http://www.wired.com...8/city-spiders/

So, the Murkwood Spiders were originally urban spiders that moved back to the countryside to raise their families?

I always thought that the MW Spiders were due to some hilly billy, back woods, illegal activity. Guess I was wrong to prejudge them.

Edited by bubblykiss

I hear there are breeding colonies of these things across the Tasman. Does Australia want them back?

Ok guys, time to implement plan 'Eradicate spiders at all costs', we shall nuke every major city from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Like 2

Judging by the one that took 5 years off my life by just looking at it hiding in the back of my garage .... this article is true :/ (new trousers please!)

So I don't think I shall be moving to a city anytime soon. Eugh, just the thought makes me shudder.

This is no surprise, the cities has made people bigger too, but obviously spiders do not eat the same junk.....or do they?

No thanks!

• Like 1

My wife will be Thrilled... NOT!

• Like 2

I'm off to the army surplus store for a flamethrower...

Be careful, remember what happened to the last guy who tried something similar:

A man who almost burned his house to the ground had been trying to kill a SPIDER using spray paint and a lighter.

Well, I'll be leaving the planet now. Enjoy the giant spider invasion!

• Like 1

Writing_Spider_by_bluepawcat.jpgSpiders that set up shop near streetlights, which attract and disorient flying insects, are always bigger. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about. Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Thank spiders for killing off an invasion of parasites and plague pests.

Lemme get right on that after I spend the next 32 hours scrubbing invisible spiders off of the inside of my skin.