Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Long Island Orbs

Sweetpumper

This story is about two interesting and perhaps related UFO sighting incidents on Long Island.

The first sighting was at about 10 p.m. in North Babylon, NY located in Suffolk County.

Harvey, a local resident, was walking up his drive way that evening and per chance glanced up and observed three red orbs. He tells us that for more than fifteen minutes he observed these objects several different times.

“They hovered, pulsated, moved slowly up and down and left to right. They eventually faded out at different times.”

Harvey says that this is the third time this year that he’s observed these objects. He says that these objects have been previously observed by him on April 20th and July 4th this year.

When asked if the orbs could be Chinese lanterns, Harvey simply replied, “I think not.”

She decided to run into the house to grab her camera, when she returned moments later they were gone. She says she walked around the house and scanned the sky looking for them but they were nowhere to be found.

This is why I wouldn't bother trying for a pic. You don't want to take your eyes off of what's up there, you never know what you may miss. It was dark anyway.

http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/15-august-2014-ufo-long-island-orbs/

Problem today is there is so much up there (man made and meteor showers) that with out videos, its difficult to even discuss what they could have seen.

My husband witnessed some weird lights a couple of weeks back, he saw the lights going in various directions, it turned out he witnessed part of the the perseid meteor shower.

• Like 2

Ii saw Chinese Lanterns being launched from someone yard once.They followed each other up in the sky.They caught a wind and looked like they warped into space as they swirled in unison and winked out on by one.

I am glad I knew from the start that they were Candles tied to Ballons.

• Like 1

Thanks for correcting the all caps thread title. It bugs me too.

Ii saw Chinese Lanterns being launched from someone yard once.They followed each other up in the sky.They caught a wind and looked like they warped into space as they swirled in unison and winked out on by one.

I am glad I knew from the start that they were Candles tied to Ballons.

At the very least, you now have that to draw upon if you see something in the future.

Around 1953 I lived in West Babylon and, looking up one very clear night, noticed two small teardrop-shaped lights trailing a larger (but not large) teardrop-shaped light in a 'V' formation. I watched them move slowly across the sky and eventually decided it was a tanker refueling a pair of smaller aircraft - I could hear jet engines in the distance. It wasn't until years later, when I was in the Air Force and involved in in-flight refueling that I realized bright lights were not used, and that the engines I'd heard were probably at Republic Aviation, which had its main plant a few miles away.

It was probably something mundane, but to this day I have no idea what I saw.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

two small teardrop-shaped lights trailing a larger (but not large) teardrop-shaped light in a 'V' formation.

It was probably something mundane, but to this day I have no idea what I saw.

Is it safe to say you knew what you saw, you just don't know what it was?

Thanks for correcting the all caps thread title. It bugs me too.

At the very least, you now have that to draw upon if you see something in the future.

Keep your eyes peeled.There're out there.That's if they let you see them?

Sixty years later, I'm remembering remembering what I saw when I was maybe eleven, so no guarantees on accuracy. But the lights were sharp if (I think) very small, not moving very rapidly, and the observation went on for a few minutes. But I don't think I'd care to swear to any of the details, even on a short stack of very thin Bibles.

"I know what I saw, I just don't know what I saw" ?