Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS developing way to blow up U.S. city?

F3SS

Senator Inhofe warns of potential terrorist attacks on U.S. soil

It is a serious warning coming from Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe as he warns of the potential of another attack on American soil. The senator sat down with Fox 25 to talk about a variety of topics, but as ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, the top issue was national security.

"We're in the most dangerous position we've ever been in as a nation," Senator Inhofe told Fox 25's Phil Cross.

"ISIS, they are really bad terrorists, they're so bad even Al Qaida is afraid of them," Inhofe said reflecting on the recent beheading of American journalist James Foley. Beyond the beheading, Inhofe said the current terror organizations are not going to stay contained to the Middle East. "They're crazy out there and they're rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can't believe that's happening."

http://www.okcfox.com/story/26331734/senator-inhofe-warns-of-potential-terrorist-attacks-on-us-soil

That leaves room for speculation but what else besides a nuke could do that? Sure, multiple bombs but if they're likely to strike, it'll be hard, fast and at once. There are plenty of ways to destroy a city. Chemicals, dismantling the right infrastructure or anything else one can think of but he specifically says "blow up". While I've always been cautious and aware of the threat that is al-queda is a lingering concern I must admit there is something about ISIS that makes the concern feel even more imminent and serious. They're seemingly well organized, definitely very well funded and speculatively backed by some larger entity. I don't what's going to happen. The world needs to come together and eradicate these scum like the cockroaches that they are.

At first I didn't really think they were going to be a real problem for US. I figured it would be contained to the Middle East. Now, I'm not so sure. They mean business. Al-queda was always more of a thorn in our side after 9-11. Dangerous but mostly manageable. I don't feel that ISIS is going to be the type to tolerate underwear bombers and vans full of gas cans. They're out to make a statement. Who knows? Maybe I'm uninformed and paranoid but right now this is how I feel.

• Like 1

That leaves room for speculation but what else besides a nuke could do that? Sure, multiple bombs but if they're likely to strike, it'll be hard, fast and at once. There are plenty of ways to destroy a city. Chemicals, dismantling the right infrastructure or anything else one can think of but he specifically says "blow up". While I've always been cautious and aware of the threat that is al-queda is a lingering concern I must admit there is something about ISIS that makes the concern feel even more imminent and serious. They're seemingly well organized, definitely very well funded and speculatively backed by some larger entity. I don't what's going to happen. The world needs to come together and eradicate these scum like the cockroaches that they are.

At first I didn't really think they were going to be a real problem for US. I figured it would be contained to the Middle East. Now, I'm not so sure. They mean business. Al-queda was always more of a thorn in our side after 9-11. Dangerous but mostly manageable. I don't feel that ISIS is going to be the type to tolerate underwear bombers and vans full of gas cans. They're out to make a statement. Who knows? Maybe I'm uninformed and paranoid but right now this is how I feel.

Well from a strictly practical standpoint I'd say 450 million dollars can buy a LOT of pain. That is the kind of cash that can purchase a loose nuke if there are any to be had. And with the lack of respect Putin has for Obama's manhood, he might just have a firesale price on an older one - who knows?

...There are plenty of ways to destroy a city....

Yeah, for example a Brit paper ran this headline in June this year, where they could sail an innocent-looking tanker or merchant ship into any coastal city packed with a zillion tons of conventional explosives, put it on a time fuse and then hop on another ship to get out before it went up..

At the moment, terrorists don't have nukes as far as we know, but that could change in the future, then it'll really hit the fan

Star-22jun2014_zps9c695415.jpg

Edited by Dropship

prbly be easier to hide explosives in containers. and why would they get out before it goes up, i'm sure there will be many wiling to blow up themselves and take infidels with them. they do it all the time

Our borders are wide open to anybody! C'mon over! Blow us up and then go collect your food stamps. Just remember to vote Democrat!

• Like 4

Got to keep funding the DHS, right?

These stories pop up once every two months.

Americans fear of terrorism was waning, so CIA had murder a journalist to keep us afraid.

Edited by Saru
Removed insensitive image
  • Like 2

Well from a strictly practical standpoint I'd say 450 million dollars can buy a LOT of pain. That is the kind of cash that can purchase a loose nuke if there are any to be had.

That's my assumption too if there is any weight to this. I figured they'd be shopping for a nuke rather than 'developing' something that could blow up a city which could only be a nuke which I'm sure they're incapable of actually developing.

we'd know right away if it was russian nuke that went off, then russia will be no more.

How could we tell by the explosion?

That chubby-chops kid (Kim Jong-Un or whatever his bloody name is) who runs Nth Korea put to sea in one of his navy's subs earlier this year, probably as a propaganda exercise just to let us know he could sneak up on western coastlnes submerged any time he likes to drop off terror squads, or drop a nuke on the seabed on a time fuse a mile offshore-

One city, completely destroyed, would almost certainly get America's attention and might even move our government to do something. The technical term for this is "Pyhrric victory."

• Like 1

Got to keep funding the DHS, right?

These stories pop up once every two months.

Americans fear of terrorism was waning, so CIA had murder a journalist to keep us afraid.

I knew someone would take the 'manufactured' route but these guys are for real. And that photoshop job is tasteless. Besides, if you don't want US getting into anything you don't have much to worry about while this administration exists. They're likely to wait until the threat is carried out rather than be proactive.

Kind of makes me wonder. Remember how mad and vengeful the country was immediately after 9/11? Do you think we'd demand similar action or demand our full military might to do everything in our power end this crap once and for all?

• Like 1

One city, completely destroyed, would almost certainly get America's attention and might even move our government to do something. The technical term for this is "Pyhrric victory."

You were one step and two minutes ahead of me.

PS,

Pyrrhic Victory reminds me of playing Rome: Total War.

A dirty bomb would be my guess, radioactive material spread over a portion of a major metropolitan area. I have seen articles that talk about ISIS working with the Mexican drug cartel on our southern border. If true, do we need a better reason to stop out of control border crossings? They are evil, not stupid; they see the way wide open into the U.S., in fact, we might even bus/fly them for free to the heartland. Sometimes I think our country is suicidal.

• Like 5

You must read the same morning newspaper as the President, because that's exactly what he thought too. Do you live on Martha's Vineyard? It's not so much a matter of being uniformed as much as it is a case of extreme naivete. In a matter of weeks we go from President Puttsforfun laughing Them off as JV wannabe terrorists to hearing the Secretary of Defence calling them a threat 'the likes of which we've never before seen."

The End Is Near!!!!!!

Only two more years of this ***clown.

Edited by Jack Skellington
  • Like 2

Iran was also making threatening noises a few years ago about sending its ships to within sight of the US coast-

As much as I hate to say it

The real reason I'd hate to something like this happen: Having to listen to another decad of conspiracy theorist trying to cope by blaming everyone BUT the ISIS.

• Like 4

You must read the same morning newspaper as the President, because that's exactly what he thought too. Do you live on Martha's Vineyard? It's not so much a matter of being uniformed as much as it is a case of extreme naivete. In a matter of weeks we go from President Puttsforfun laughing Them off as JV wannabe terrorists to hearing the Secretary of Defence calling them a threat 'the likes of which we've never before seen."

The End Is Near!!!!!!

Only two more years of this ***clown.

I'm not naive Jack. Was just trying not to be over zealous. I know I came off like this is all new to me but it's more that I haven't commented much on ISIS here. I think you and I are and have been on the same page.

we can't. we can id by fallout,, by amount of certain isotops

Because every country uses an identifiable amount of isotopes in each bomb? I always figured a nuke was a nuke only differing in size.

In terms of being naive, my comments were made to draw attention to our JV President, not you...

Just because someone puts on a Laker's uniform and has access to Air Force One, that doesn't make him qualified to be Commander in Chief. Maybe he will have Eric Holder prosecute the ISIS murderers as a criminal case and put them on trial....

Oh wait-- that's what he already did.

• Like 2

Because every country uses an identifiable amount of isotopes in each bomb?

something like that, not amount but composition, i do not remember details, but i know we can tell who build the nuke that went off

Edited by aztek

In terms of being naive, my comments were made to draw attention to our JV President, not you...

Just because someone puts on a Laker's uniform and has access to Air Force One, that doesn't make him qualified to be Commander in Chief. Maybe he will have Eric Holder prosecute the ISIS murderers as a criminal case and put them on trial....

Oh wait-- that's what he already did.

You're right. When we catch scum like this the admin goes further to ensure no 'human rights' are violated than to ensure a prosecution and punishment. Has the Fort Hood prick ever been sentenced yet? His beard got more time and attention than his crimes.

• Like 2

Syria does/did have chemical weapons. I can see ISIS getting ahold of that easier than a nuke. I do see them blowing up Tel Aviv or even the Green Zone in Bagdad before the US though.

• Like 1

Because every country uses an identifiable amount of isotopes in each bomb? I always figured a nuke was a nuke only differing in size.

There are sublte isotope differences between the various sources of fissionable material across the world. Since we don't use theame source, you can (in theory) identify an attacker by determining the isotope used.

• Like 1

something like that, not amount but composition, i do not remember details, but i know we can tell who build the nuke that went off

But who's to say that all countries follow the rules of composition? Unless they announced their strike it would be hard to identify the bomb if they maker strayed from the rules.

Edited by F3SS