Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

floaty sheet ghosts?

theotherguy

Where did the idea of ghosts appearing as white ragged sheets with eyeholes come from? Pretty much all of the ghost photos I've seen have (relatively) disctinct appendages and features.

Pacman?

In all seriousness, I don't know. I would speculate that it has something to do with it being a cheap/easy Halloween costume.

Has anyone on this or other sites ever seen a REAL ghost...not some blurred photo , or someone peering out of a window dressed in old clothes, and certainly not a sheet with holes for the eyes. I mean a REAL ghost, a figure who is Bare,( Nude, Naked), because when you die your clothes remain behind, they don't die with you ,so I cannot believe that any image or photo of a Real ghost would have clothes on.I would say that Ghosts cannot be seen, but if there are such things wandering about you wouldn't see them, but you would feel a "presence"....which makes you uneasy, and makes the hairs on your arms or neck stand , with perhaps a change in temperature, like sudden coldness .

I think the reason ghosts have clothes is that the people involved are remembered as having clothes. If a nudist died, and generated a ghosts (however that is supposed to happen), I think that ghost would be naked. My interpretation of ghosts is that they are sort of visible memories that have a certain amount of self-awareness. That sounds really confusing when I write it down.

• Like 1

I think the reason ghosts have clothes is that the people involved are remembered as having clothes. If a nudist died, and generated a ghosts (however that is supposed to happen), I think that ghost would be naked. My interpretation of ghosts is that they are sort of visible memories that have a certain amount of self-awareness. That sounds really confusing when I write it down.

I'm sorry to disagree, if you "see" a ghost in an old dwelling like a castle, how do you know whether its male or female and what clothes would it be wearing at the moment of death. The ghost being dead would have no memory of which clothes it died in.

Speaking in hypotheticals

The ghost is that persons...soul? essence? whatever word you like to sue for that.

So it stands to reason they'd appear as they see themselves.

• Like 1

Has anyone on this or other sites ever seen a REAL ghost...not some blurred photo , or someone peering out of a window dressed in old clothes, and certainly not a sheet with holes for the eyes. I mean a REAL ghost, a figure who is Bare,( Nude, Naked), because when you die your clothes remain behind, they don't die with you ,so I cannot believe that any image or photo of a Real ghost would have clothes on.I would say that Ghosts cannot be seen, but if there are such things wandering about you wouldn't see them, but you would feel a "presence"....which makes you uneasy, and makes the hairs on your arms or neck stand , with perhaps a change in temperature, like sudden coldness .

I have never seen it myself but... There is a ghost story out of Indiana, Diana of the Dunes. She was a real woman that had an eccentric time, including a history of being nude. Purportedly her ghost is still sometimes seen, au naturale. I have read random ghost tales of people being naked- for some reason there seems to be more females than males.

I think for ghosts with clothes on, it might have something to do with how people were dressed when alive- or could have something to do with how the living view the dead.

• Like 1

So do souls have clothes?

• Like 3

So do souls have clothes?

Not sure but if they did I bet they would be dressed to the Nines....

• Like 2

When I astral travel I'm fully clothed.

Is that what ghosts are supposed to be now? Astral projections w/o a body to go back to?

I'm not being a jerk, it's not a theory I've heard before.

• Like 4

When I astral travel I'm fully clothed.

Do you astral travel during your sleep, hence clothed in nighty or jimjams, or do you astral travel during the day, hence jeans, maybe skirt and top, what ever you wear during the day?

just curious.headscratch.gif

• Like 4

Do you astral travel during your sleep, hence clothed in nighty or jimjams, or do you astral travel during the day, hence jeans, maybe skirt and top, what ever you wear during the day?

just curious.headscratch.gif

Clothes never leave home without them no matter what form of travel!!!

• Like 2

Clothes never leave home without them no matter what form of travel!!!

That info would have been helpful when I was in my teens and early 20`s...embarrassed.gif

• Like 2

That info would have been helpful when I was in my teens and early 20`s...embarrassed.gif

Me to I was a late learner...

• Like 2

I would imagine that it be based on how the spirit saw itself during life. When you think about how you look, do you envision yourself naked or clothed?

I would imagine that it be based on how the spirit saw itself during life. When you think about how you look, do you envision yourself naked or clothed?

Depends on how much I've drank that day

• Like 1

The better question is "do clothes have souls?"

Clothes are made by man or machines, how they going to get the souls sown into them?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

cotton's a plant. maybe part of the plant's soul is in the fabric. And as the fabric is put together the different souls come together as an amalgam to create their own soul.

...This got stupid fast

• Like 3

cotton's a plant. maybe part of the plant's soul is in the fabric. And as the fabric is put together the different souls come together as an amalgam to create their own soul.

...This got stupid fast

Are there any plant ghosts or floating plant souls?

......this could get stupider.

• Like 2

Are there any plant ghosts or floating plant souls?

......this could get stupider.

FTR, you're a madman.

If plants have souls does that make vegetarians just as bad as the rest of us?

Or are they allowing animal and human souls a chance to have some veggies in the afterlife?

You were right

• Like 1

FTR, you're a madman.

If plants have souls does that make vegetarians just as bad as the rest of us?

Or are they allowing animal and human souls a chance to have some veggies in the afterlife?

You were right

I can feel myself going into confusion mode, but will ask this: if i eat veg with my meat does this mean I have multicult and diverse souls which could show themselves after my death?.......................where does little ol me fit into this?

• Like 1