Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know what you saw.

Kurzweil

I'm taking a different approach to this. Let's begin.

Birds

Flare

Lense flare

Typical or experimental aircraft

Weather balloon

Satellite

Swamp gas

Dirty ass

A lady named Alice the goon

Lenticular clouds

Comet

Meteor

The planet Venus

And of course ball lightning

Any more please contribute.

• Like 3

Superman - he's neither a bird, nor a plane so OBVIOUSLY he's a UFO.

• Like 2

Some people have mistaken the moon for a UFO, not the same as those who believe the moon IS a UFO..

• Like 3

Some people have mistaken the moon for a UFO, not the same as those who believe the moon IS a UFO..

How about mistaken a UFO for a moon? That has happen. Unless of course, just for one night only, and just in a particular area, the earth had two moons, just in two different positions. :whistle:

Superman - he's neither a bird, nor a plane so OBVIOUSLY he's a UFO.

No, UFI. Unidentified Flying Individual! :tu:

140221_drone_ap_605.jpg

Yeah, those things are getting everywhere it seems.

Photoshop

Sun- / Moon- dogs

Window reflections

Hubcap, frisbee, football or other thrown/suspended item

Sky lanterns

Fireworks

Close bug

Dust/debris on lens/filter/sensor

Chip or debris on window/windscreen

Helium party balloon

Helium weather balloon

Airborne litter

Button on skylight (per Antonio Urzi)

Contrail at sunset/rise

probably more i haven't thought of...

• Like 6

How about the laser pointer being used by the astronomy teacher during an outdoor class just a block away from the UFO spotter?

• Like 1

the new toys: drones.

• Like 2

Drones are very eerie. Almost otherworldly.

What is 'otherworldly" and where is it?

• Like 1

So, collating the serious ones so far:

Birds

Flare

Lense flare

Weather balloon

Satellite

Lenticular clouds

Comet

Meteor

Venus (and other planets/bright stars)

Ball lightning

Advertising signs/blimps

Drones

Remote Controlled craft

Moon / moonbeams

Photoshop and similar fakery

Sun- / Moon- dogs

Window reflections

Hubcap, frisbee, football or other thrown/suspended item

Sky lanterns

Fireworks

Close bug

Dust/debris on lens/filter/sensor

Chip or debris on window/windscreen

Helium party balloon

Helium weather balloon

Airborne litter

Button on skylight (per Antonio Urzi)

Contrail at sunset/rise

Laser pointers

Now, hands up anyone who can spot the 'big one' that is missing, and the reason why it is very different from all the listed items (although it could be said that ball lightning is a bit of an 'outlier'...).

• Like 1

Well I will say one thing and that's that I saw something not on this list. Not once but twice 30 years apart.

The first time I was I think 7 at a family reunion thing. I looked up and saw a brilliant red diamond in the sky. I went to my super great great grandmother and pointed it out to her. I'll admit my super great great grandma was border line senile to the point that she only spoke three words. As I pointed it out to her she started pointing too and saying the only three words she could "what the phucj what the phucj". When everyone turned to look it was gone and grandma had fallen out of her wheelchair. Naturally everyone looked at me and I received blistering spankings because they all thought I tipped the chair.

Any way 30 years later I saw the exact same red diamond over glenco, mn. It wasn't high up in the sky or past the atmosphere. It was directly over the city. So instinct set in and I did what my grandma did I jumped out of the car and pointed yelling what the phucj what the phucj! Sadly no one was around to here my cry. It was 3am. When it disappeared I looked around noticing I pulled over next to a dead skunk and realized I was standing on it's remains. When I got to work an hour later I tried to tell everyone what I had seen but everyone was holding their noses and pointing at me saying "what the phucj what the phucj".

• Like 3

Now, hands up anyone who can spot the 'big one' that is missing, and the reason why it is very different from all the listed items (although it could be said that ball lightning is a bit of an 'outlier'...).

00004788.jpg

BEST - Ron

Mental illness?

Now, hands up anyone who can spot the 'big one' that is missing, and the reason why it is very different from all the listed items

The Bat-Signal?

What is this a debunker party?

I don't think so, there's no booze around.

• Like 2

I'm taking a different approach to this. Let's begin.

Birds

Flare

Lense flare

Weather balloon

Satellite

Swamp gas

Dirty ass

A lady named Alice the goon

Lenticular clouds

Comet

Meteor

The planet Venus

And of course ball lightning

Any more please contribute.

Forms of natural phenomena too like Earthlights, Min Min, sprites, Arial Plasmas and the phenomena being observed at Hessdalen.

Well I will say one thing and that's that I saw something not on this list. Not once but twice 30 years apart.

The first time I was I think 7 at a family reunion thing. I looked up and saw a brilliant red diamond in the sky. I went to my super great great grandmother and pointed it out to her. I'll admit my super great great grandma was border line senile to the point that she only spoke three words. As I pointed it out to her she started pointing too and saying the only three words she could "what the phucj what the phucj". When everyone turned to look it was gone and grandma had fallen out of her wheelchair. Naturally everyone looked at me and I received blistering spankings because they all thought I tipped the chair.

Any way 30 years later I saw the exact same red diamond over glenco, mn. It wasn't high up in the sky or past the atmosphere. It was directly over the city. So instinct set in and I did what my grandma did I jumped out of the car and pointed yelling what the phucj what the phucj! Sadly no one was around to here my cry. It was 3am. When it disappeared I looked around noticing I pulled over next to a dead skunk and realized I was standing on it's remains. When I got to work an hour later I tried to tell everyone what I had seen but everyone was holding their noses and pointing at me saying "what the phucj what the phucj".

Sounds much like an experience I had about a year ago, I was lying in bed one morning and looking out the window before the sun came up, when out of nowhere this blue white point of light stood out from the rest, and grew into the most spectacular diamond I have ever seen. Dead set beautiful to witness it was. Chrilz mentioned Heavens above, I had a look and confirmed what I saw. Although what I saw was a brilliant bluish white light, and what you saw was red, I imagine the light spectrum would account for that and the viewing angle through the atmosphere, I saw the blue spectrum, you saw the red. But it sounds like you have seen two iridium satellites, (and quite possibly what Chrlz's question pertains to).

What you could do to confirm your sighting is log onto the Heavens above website and set yourself up to see if you can spot a third, and see it it looks anything like the first two. It's quite a sight I can attest, and more beautiful than a simple description can provide.

Edited by psyche101

What is this a debunker party?

Why not, nobody parties hard like a Debunker or a skeptic.

• Like 3

I was on the floor with that one. I grew up about 20 miles from Glencoe, MN. My sister lived and had her first child there and I have several friends who currently live there. Small world.

I don't think so, there's no booze around.

Psyche drank it all.

• Like 3

In the case of the missing case ! psyche101 never lets one off the hook without a bit of normal , well thought out cross in every case we have ever seen posted in U/M !

THis is what keeps us all coming back for more ! Without a Great cross the opinions and statements put fourth may never get there Due`s !

I know what I saw, And nobody can prove or disprove my mind normal ! :tu:

So Looks like were all on the same page now !

Anyone want to Tell us what they Saw?

• Like 1