Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remnants of one of the earliest stars found

UM-Bot

An ancient orange star has revealed hints of one of the first stars to ever exist in the universe.

Observations of the star, which is believed to have been formed from the remnants of an even earlier primordial star that exploded as a huge supernova, have indicated that some of the first stars in the cosmos were enormous - in this case more than 140 times more massive than our sun.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271323/remnants-of-one-of-the-earliest-stars-found

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• CRYSiiSx2

• paperdyer

• FizzPuff

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how massive a star could get before its core has so much gravity it becomes a black hole...

I know previous theories as to how large stars can get have been shattered. I'm sure its just a matter of time before we find an even bigger one.

Very interesting. I wonder if the thin soup of Hydrogen, Helium and Dark Matter created an environment which favoured larger bodies as opposed to smaller, less stable examples. I am a laymen of course and by no means qualified to postulate such a theory, but it just seemed a natural question, was this a peccadillo of the make up of the universe at the time?

This bloody fascinates me, I wanna know more!

So do I. The more we discover, we realize how little we really know.