Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can ISIS/ISIL be stopped?

pallidin

Wouldn't it be nice if they all gathered into one place so that we could.

Unfortunately, they operate in small groups and are spread over a wide area. Additionally, I don't think the full extent of affiliated groups has been accounted for as yet, they seem to have allies amongst numerous rebel groups in Syria and Al Qaeda affiliated groups across the middle east even if Al Qaeda itself is not particularly fond of them.

I meant the main ground forces that are in operation now, the remnants can be dealt with at a later stage.

I meant the main ground forces that are in operation now, the remnants can be dealt with at a later stage.

I have hope that their days are numbered, they have scared the crap out of most of the U.N. which is a first - for once the rest of the world might just step up and stop depending on the U.S. to make all the moves. We can only hope.

• Like 4

I have hope that their days are numbered, they have scared the crap out of most of the U.N. which is a first - for once the rest of the world might just step up and stop depending on the U.S. to make all the moves. We can only hope.

But they have directly threatened the U.S. so it is in our own self interest to eradicate them. Not that we would refuse help but we shouldn't count on the U.N. to stop them. We should also take them out where and when we can. They will never be a clearer target than when they are in the desert. If we know where the training camps are we should hit them right away. Even if the camps are empty we should not leave them a place to return to.

• Like 2

Well, that may be so but apparently they now also have drones ......

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

Drones? Oh, shiver me timbers, matie <grin>

Kidding aside,, someone in military intel agrees with the board, ISIS is a force.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/isis-incredible-fighting-force-us-special-ops-sources/story?id=25116463

• Like 1

But they have directly threatened the U.S. so it is in our own self interest to eradicate them. Not that we would refuse help but we shouldn't count on the U.N. to stop them. We should also take them out where and when we can. They will never be a clearer target than when they are in the desert. If we know where the training camps are we should hit them right away. Even if the camps are empty we should not leave them a place to return to.

nice battle plan.

Please pass it on to Russia

Wouldn't it be nice if they all gathered into one place so that we could.

Unfortunately, they operate in small groups and are spread over a wide area. Additionally, I don't think the full extent of affiliated groups has been accounted for as yet, they seem to have allies amongst numerous rebel groups in Syria and Al Qaeda affiliated groups across the middle east even if Al Qaeda itself is not particularly fond of them.

The flea which rides on the back of a camel travels further than if it was walking.

So.... now we're passionate to al-qaeda?

Lead like sheep.

Edited by acidhead

They have enormous funding... kidnapping, plundering of city riches, oil fields, etc. and God knows what else.

This funding provides them the food, transportation and weaponry to continue their "goals"

Any thoughts?

There is a hidden tax in food certified as halal. Part of that tax supports Islamic extremism and funds terrorism in the U.S. and around the world.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2013/03/29/are-you-inadvertently-supporting-islamic-terrorism-by-unwittingly-buying-halal-food/

The halal food movement in France was troublesome enough when we learned that a secret embedded Islamic tax was being added to each sale.

http://moneyjihad.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/muslim-brotherhood-nets-halal-tax-revenues/

The links go on...

Here, right here in England, the same thing is happening.

Oh yes, they are getting funding and one way of getting it is by being a religious cult.

Will my other post be removed too.? the TRUTH HURTS HUH!

This WAS once a free country, not anymore.

Do not worry, will not post anymore about the islamic uprising in the western world on this site anymore, I have been telling about it for many years, on the internet and off it.

Will leave my views and predictions to a more appropriate site and to the streets.

Thankyou.

So.... now we're passionate to al-qaeda?

Lead like sheep.

No, was is meant is that, while AlQaeda may not particularly like ISIS, by working together, AQ can also realise some of it's goals.

Certainly no support for AQ here.

• Like 2

Not passionate to Al Qaeda, more like saying "even the devil fears this demon".

• Like 1

interesting, Taun.

Are we ready for another ten or more years in Iraq?

What a cluster **** that has all been

It's there country let them solve their issues their way.

I do not think that things are as cut and dry as that.

And that is just a "bury your head in the sand" attitude.

This is about human rights.

This extremist group are on a murderous rampage taking and destroying anything or anyone that is in their way.

They are taking Western hostages, and others... and beheading them for goodness sake.

If this is left unchecked, this group will continue to become more powerful.

How long do you think it will be before they start bombing the UK, USA, and other Western cities?

They are extremely dangerous, and other countries should not, and do not

have to tolerate this type of intimidation, depravity and thuggery from any type of dangerous radical groups.

Quotation-Voltaire-long-people-Meetville-Quotes-196911.jpg

• Like 6

I'd be willing to bet in 6 months ISIS will be gone from Iraq. They are self destructive by what they do. After taking the Syrian airbase they beheaded all the soldiers. After invading other cities and villages in Iraq and Syria they round up people who are Christians, Sunnis, etcetera and execute them. People will take note that if they are going to be executed anyway, they might as well fight to the death meaning more casualties for ISIS.

The entire world is taking note of the brutality of ISIS. So many nations probably will supply troops to fight ISIS.

The United States is forming a coalition with other undisclosed Nations to fight ISIS. Even the Saudi King has stated " “Those who fail to carry out their historic responsibilities against terrorism … will be its first victims tomorrow." Source: http://english.alara...terrorism-.html

ISIS really hasn't been up against a formidable fighting force yet, and when they do, the response is going to be devastating.

Syria will be a different story. Assad wants help, he just doesn't want "ooops" airstrikes from other nations that weaken him militarily.

I'd be willing to bet in 6 months ISIS will be gone from Iraq. They are self destructive by what they do. After taking the Syrian airbase they beheaded all the soldiers. After invading other cities and villages in Iraq and Syria they round up people who are Christians, Sunnis, etcetera and execute them. People will take note that if they are going to be executed anyway, they might as well fight to the death meaning more casualties for ISIS.

The entire world is taking note of the brutality of ISIS. So many nations probably will supply troops to fight ISIS.

The United States is forming a coalition with other undisclosed Nations to fight ISIS. Even the Saudi King has stated " “Those who fail to carry out their historic responsibilities against terrorism … will be its first victims tomorrow." Source: http://english.alara...terrorism-.html

ISIS really hasn't been up against a formidable fighting force yet, and when they do, the response is going to be devastating.

Syria will be a different story. Assad wants help, he just doesn't want "ooops" airstrikes from other nations that weaken him militarily.

You hold that thought.

Good luck, I hope you're right.

• Like 1

Well, I just heard on the news that ISIS has murdered yet another western journalist (cut off his head and video taped it).

IMO we can't afford to look the other way and hope these murdering barbarians will just 'go away on their own'.

• Like 1

They will be stopped, when Obama is no longer preoccupied with picking lint from navel.

*somebody* finally hits on this point!

right, they pick on the old, the blind, the children, the yazidih, the unarmed. That's all. Send a B2 stealth loaded with bombs and then watch what they do. Their stolen stingers won't do anything. So what, then? Shake their fist at the sky? the bunch of back-azz thugs.

• Like 1

Well, I just heard on the news that ISIS has murdered yet another western journalist (cut off his head and video taped it).

IMO we can't afford to look the other way and hope these murdering barbarians will just 'go away on their own'.

they probably *won't* go away on their own, Lilly, but I truly don't want to waste more US troops, more $trillions chasing spooks

Hasn't the US learned anything? we never win a war over there. I mean *truly* win it. We knuckled under Iraq's military but *obviously* we did nothing to win over the hearts and minds of the people. they think we suck. they want nothing at all to do with a democracy led by an american puppet stooge. can't blame them, actually

• Like 2

they probably *won't* go away on their own, Lilly, but I truly don't want to waste more US troops, more $trillions chasing spooks

Hasn't the US learned anything? we never win a war over there. I mean *truly* win it. We knuckled under Iraq's military but *obviously* we did nothing to win over the hearts and minds of the people. they think we suck. they want nothing at all to do with a democracy led by an american puppet stooge. can't blame them, actually

Neither do we, but it looks like we're stuck with it for 2 more years.

• Like 1

If ISIS is to be stopped, the people who must step up are the other Islamic countries in the region which are under threat of being overtaken by ISIS.

All too often, the call goes out to the USA to do something, while countries in the region sit on their collective hands, one must wonder if some of them are supporting ISIS.

ISIS will not be contained entirely by air strikes, it will be necessary to but men on the ground, and soon, something that America is loath to do-AGAIN!

There is a lot of sympathy for the "let them sort it out themselves" school of thought, but when innocent people are being brutally murdered by beheading, something must be done.

• Like 2

All too often, the call goes out to the USA to do something, while countries in the region sit on their collective hands, one must wonder if some of them are supporting ISIS.

We know that Iran is doing some things, mostly providing arms and have given military asisstance to the Iraqi army and the Kurds Peshmerga forces but besides that, it just seems that Turkey and Saudi Arabia are crossing their fingers that ISIL does not drag them into this black hole.

US allies such as Australia and Britain have shown a certain degree of openness with regards to assisting the Obama Administration militarily. But it appears that Obama did not request such assistance at this point so it's unclear yet. A coalition seems to be a likely scenario though.

ISIS will not be contained entirely by air strikes, it will be necessary to but men on the ground, and soon, something that America is loath to do-AGAIN!

Technically, a massive airstrike campaign against ISIL both in Iraq and Syria could do some real damage, while the local forces on the ground strike back and retake what they've lost. So far, the focus as been to contained ISIL with limited aistrikes, to make sure the Kurds could regroup and fight back, while allowing an escape route and humanitarian aid to the people trapped and surrounded by ISIL.

There is a lot of sympathy for the "let them sort it out themselves" school of thought, but when innocent people are being brutally murdered by beheading, something must be done.

I agree and we live in a world that is becoming more and more internationalized, it's very hard to turn a blind eye on this savagery.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 2