Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why I oppose Sharia Law! no alcohol? what?

LostSouls7

Yeah Sharia Law is worst than martial law. And i thought that was bad!

But no these crazy guys impose a lot of no drinking alcohol.

And if you drink they take you to jail and whip you!!!

that is the ultimate evil and tyranny. pure evil !

what kind of system is that? They claim it's God's law.

Well I see I follow my own law. And my law says i do as i wish and drink beer

whenever I want!!! and I will keep drinking thank you very much!

This is insane and the most evil religious system I have ever seen in my life!

watching this last night opened my eyes to how evil the Islamic State is..

what bothers me most is the no alcohol thing...

that is Tyranny !

You can believe whatever you want.. but you DO NOT screw with people's alcohol!

here is the full film:

here is the part where this guy enforces their so called god's Law..

what really p***ed me off is the no alcohol thing: this is truly insane

Edited by LostSouls7
  • Like 2

Am I the only one on here who isn't drunk today?. lolol I got some catching up to do I guess.

• Like 2

that is Tyranny !

here is the full film:

Dont forget no bacon butties either!

I should destroy the world because of that song. Was stuck in the tax office waiting my turn. Spent 3 hours listening to it.

I was in rehab for almost 2 months, that song got me through. I really don't like country, but I got a soft spot in my heart for Toby Keith.

And Willie.

• Like 3

that is Tyranny !

here is the full film:

Cheers to the OP! Indeed living under Sharia law would be a living hell...

Bet'cha they do drink alcohol, only they're just slick about it. 10 to 1 says the most wealthy elite of the group have got a bottle of something hidden somewhere that they nip on every once in a while. The ones who actually don't drink, might smoke weed or something in place of that.

So I call bull on that. There are some drinkers in the group no matter what the hell they say or what religious laws they pass. Very rarely does anybody remain all holy and virtuous under a religious ideology like that. I learned that a long time ago.

@greenman:I have nothing against either artist. It's just the constant drumming of that song into my head for 3 hours was maddening.

My biggest problem wouldn't be the alcohol it would be when my husband decided to shoot me or chop my head off in a honor killing.

• Like 5

And your reward? 21 Virgins. Meh. 21 Girls crying on your shoulder for 21 nights wondering if it "was the right time"or you you were "the one"and all that crap. Bugger that, give me a bottle of Johhny Blue and a couple of experienced women who know how to have a good time. But I still wouldnlt fly a plane into a building for that.

• Like 1

In that case, there's a lot of Christian sects that you will have problems with (the Baptists used to forbid alcohol and dancing). The Salvation Army believes in total abstinence: http://en.wikipedia....iews_on_alcohol

And then there's the Jehovah's Witnesses views on blood transfusions... all sorts of things.

but thats okay because they are not killing people to enforce their law

All kinda things people think they need to get spiritual. Nudist cannibalism for getting spiritual hasn't been popular tho, I wonder why, since all these other things are. Or well, my body bread, my blood wine...why everyone misses that part? In Philippines they at least put some effort to it, having themselves be crucified in the re-enactment.

I'm just baffled with the mentality that there's some magic formula for higher spirituality and salvation and rewards, like Take this new SPIRITUAL SALVATION SUPPLEMENT sponsored by THE CHRUCH (dont ask which), it comes in a SHINY PLASTIC PACKAGE!!!! And you'll float away to paradise!!! (warning: causes physical death, hemorroids, insomnia and caucasian male skin pigment transformation) Only 50$ from a trusty site, special promotion 95% OFF! Easy-to-swallow form, you dont even need water. Ever again.

Is spirituality something like that? I guess people trust more on some authority figure than use their senses. Seems paradoxal to me tho, because if no one used their senses nor figured this stuff by themselves, then how come we have all the spiritual documentation here? Dropped from heaven and copied by us typewriter monkeys? Us monkeys who have no trouble writing stories of our own. I guess these things are individual, people have different preferences. Maybe it's like liking different foods, there's no one good healthy diet for everyone food-wise nor exercise-wise and looking at all the religions and different views in the world with their little differences, people need their freedom and good encouraging spirit to follow their own path. We all have a path, because we all have some view we hold more important than other views. Sceptics too, everybody makes a choise. Maybe not in your mind but when you speak it and live the way you do, it's a choise like that.

The worshipping religions seem like a way (religion) of YES!! because amen is like "amen to that", saying yes. Or THANK YOU JESUS!! Yes again. And scepticism is a way of NO!! because you use a lot of NO. In these issues. It's your chant, it's the spirit, energy, potency, oomph behind words you elevate."Enlightened" people should have learned to use both. I mean in life you can get a lot of crap if you can only say Yes or No, only one of them. Everyone walks over a Yes-man and nobody likes being told off too many times. Who gives a crap about what you promote, moon landing or egypt or astrology or bigfoot or Nibiru? Everybody knows how to grab and recognice a vibe like that.

Is why I'm turned in my way try encourage EVERYONE in their chosen path. Providing it's not the path that seeks to put down paths of others as a first priority, constructivity. You just get wars and arguments if you try put others down, whether it's because they're black or gay or eat pig or have long hair or bald or think different or use things & do things you dont enjoy.

In that case, there's a lot of Christian sects that you will have problems with (the Baptists used to forbid alcohol and dancing). The Salvation Army believes in total abstinence: http://en.wikipedia....iews_on_alcohol

And then there's the Jehovah's Witnesses views on blood transfusions... all sorts of things.

Dude. Jehovahs Witnesses drink. A JW coworkers husband brews his own IPA and it's pretty darn good too.

It's even worst for drugs consumption, as it is no less than a death sentence.

See: https://news.vice.co...ic-state-part-3

Well, history tells us that such oppression which some call ''laws'' last only as long as the people subject to it by fear and intimidation will tolerate them.

Edited by sam_comm

that is Tyranny !

here is the full film:

Actually I can happily live without alcohol, and have done so for over 40 years. It is not a necessity of life, unless there is basically something wrong with your life. BUT sharia law has far worse effects, especially on women. For this reason I agree that it is not suitable for western democracies. Ps you do realise that 45% of the world's adult population has never drunk alcohol in their lives, and 58% did not drink any alcohol in the last 12 months? Humans do not need, or require, alcohol to survive, or live happily. The idea that we do is one of the greatest con jobs in human history.

http://www.add-resou...474-315780.html

I wouldn't prohibit the use of alcohol, because it simply causes crime while people are addicted to it, but I would make education and factual information available to all, as we do with smoking and increase the cost as well as limit the availability eg close bars down after midnight, raise the legal drinking age to 21, and stop supermarkets from selling alcohol. The costs of alcohol to individuals and society are simply too great to allow to continue, or to tolerate. Id recommend to you that you try not drinking any alcohol for a month, voluntarily, to see if you can. You might do this to raise money from your mates for a charity, eg we have "dry july" . If you simply can not go without alcohol for a period like that voluntarily, then you are probably technically an addict, and should seek help.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Even the animals give praise to the mighty one's name.

Edited by davros of skaro

No alcohol wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, well i guess it might for some. Chopping off of hands and feet and being stoned to death for trivial matters is more concerning.

• Like 1

I heard when Saddam was in charge the surrounding Sharia countries used to make pilgrimages into Iraq to get blotto. Many a Saudi ended up p***ed in a ditch on the return journey...

I was in rehab for almost 2 months, that song got me through. I really don't like country, but I got a soft spot in my heart for Toby Keith.

And Willie.

Stop posting junk like that it makes me want to go find my old drinking buddies. A good song even though I have never taken a puff.

that is Tyranny !

here is the full film:

I don't think alcohol is the problem with that philosophy, it may be its only good part. There are far far worse problems with that way if thinking.

• Like 1

The OP seriously thinks the biggest problem with Sharia Law is the prohibition of alcohol? :huh:

• Like 1