Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Pig Perfume' Stops Dogs From Behaving Badly

some new guy

Spritzing dogs with a “pig perfume” helps prevent them from barking incessantly, jumping frantically on house guests and from engaging in other unwanted behaviors, according to new research.

The eau de oink, aka “Boar Mate” or “Stop That,” was formulated by Texas Tech scientist John McGlone, who was looking for a way to curb his Cairn terrier Toto’s non-stop barking. One spritz of the pig perfume seemed to do the trick in an instant without harming his dog.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/pig-perfume-stops-dogs-from-behaving-badly-140825.htm

BEST - Ron

Will this work on my girlfriend?

"helps prevent them from barking incessantly, jumping frantically on house guests and from engaging in other unwanted behaviors"....

I think you might both want to see a counselor if your girlfriend behaves like that!! Or at least get her to see a psychiatrist. :unsure2:

• Like 2

I have always wanted a magical potion that would destroy thousands of years of selective evolutionary breeding in canines and cruelly defuse their innate and inbreed desire to protect me and my home.

• Like 3

I wonder how many criminals would stop their criminal career if we showered them in Eau de Pig evety time they did something against the law... oh wait... there is supposed to be no cruel and unusual punishment for criminals.... to the contrary of dogs...

Nothing about this sounds cruel. Having rescued dozens of dogs, from people who are too inconsiderate, lazy or down right ignorant to properly train them, if it works I think it's great. An adequately trained dog is always welcome with the humans and doesn't have to be confined away, therefor not getting the attention they deserve. They don't disrupt the whole neighborhood or visitors, are a pleasure to take on road trips and vacations which, by the way, they love because they get lots of praise and attention from everyone they come in contact with.

How would you feel if everyone was constantly telling you to get away, get down or shut up...not to mention the hostility they are so in tune to. It doesn't take away from rewarding them when they bark at the appropriate times. Heck, even big, scary looking 100 pound dogs can go where a lot of dogs usually aren't allowed if they are well trained. You wouldn't believe the places I've taken mine. :w00t:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

You wouldn't believe the places I've taken mine. :w00t:

Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria.....

• Like 1

Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria.....

Not if they're claustrophobic! pffft...

I wonder how many criminals would stop their criminal career if we showered them in Eau de Pig evety time they did something against the law... oh wait... there is supposed to be no cruel and unusual punishment for criminals.... to the contrary of dogs...

I think if I were criminal I might carry this stuff, if its as good as they claim. Sprtiz the family dog , then go about your business.

Altho if I were a criminal I'd probably prefer not to deal w/ a family w/ a dog who could cause a problem....still tho

• Like 2

Altho if I were a criminal I'd probably prefer not to deal w/ a family w/ a dog who could cause a problem....still tho

And this is why I keep dogs and have a Ruger 10/22.

• Like 1

I know a few dogs who could use that stuff. They bark at nothing. Or they do bark at something and we don't care cause it's annoying.How much is it?!

Shame they can not find something to spray on the owners who can not be bothered to train their dogs properly.

I suppose used only when absolutely necessary, in ref to Michelle`s point, it could be good, but hope this will not be the new way to keep the dogs under control all the time by some owners as opposed to taking them out for a walk and giving them proper training.

Edited by freetoroam

I have a friend with an un-neutered dog that is overly willful, barks too much, and if he likes you want's to hump you. It's a 95 lb pit bull and is a very intimidating dog. He's less of a dog and more like a force of nature. He could really use this but my friend babies him so much I just know he's going to get offended when I send him this article.

When they develop a pheromone-based cologne that makes girls irresistable to me, I will be impressed, and first in line...

:w00t:

• Like 1

I wonder what would happen if you sprayed this stuff on a Muslim.

• Like 1

So, this stuff stops your dog from being a HAM?

I-I...I tried.

• Like 1

aah, bacon.

is there NOTHING it can't cure.....

(jews & muslims take note. one bacon sarnie would end the gaza problem.....)

;-)

Shame they can not find something to spray on the owners who can not be bothered to train their dogs properly....

Exactly. :tu:

Will this work on my girlfriend?

Your gf jumps frantically on house guests? When can I visit?