Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ferguson shooting not racially motivated!

stevemagegod

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not but:

A longtime friend - former high school classmate and hockey buddy Jake Shepard - publicly has come to Wilson's defense, insisting in interviews that the shy Wilson would never maliciously take a life and fears possible retribution.

Having talked to Wilson since the shooting, Shepard said, "I think he's kind of struggling a little bit, but I think he's doing OK."

"He didn't really want to talk much about it," Shepard, also 28, said of Brown's death. "But I can tell you for sure it was not racially motivated.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5705409.html

I looked up the speeches of the President's and i would like to quote a passage from Bill Clinton:

White Americans and black Americans often see the same world in drastically different ways, ways that go beyond and beneath the Simpson trial and its aftermath, which brought these perceptions so starkly into the open.

Well, today's march is also about pride and dignity and respect. But after a generation of deepening social problems that disproportionately impact black Americans, it is also about black men taking renewed responsibility for themselves, their families, and their communities. It's about saying no to crime and drugs and violence. It's about standing up for atonement and reconciliation. It's about insisting that others do the same and offering to help them.

After the shooting of Mike Brown why would you start looting and vandalizing the town before you know the whole story? In America you are Innocent until proven guilty. And as of yet the Officer has not been proven guilty. In Canada you are Guilty until proven innocent. However we are not Canada. And my take on the case:

• Why would you risk your career over shooting some random kid off the street?
  • The only difference between the Trayvon case and Brown case is that it is a Cop instead of a Wannabe Cop.

All he told them to do was get off the road. It logically doesn't make sense. And for those list of demands that want the ferguson department to be re ordered to reflect the population won't be much better as here in Buffalo we have a force that reflects the population and there is still lots of corruption.

http://www.buffalone...-years-20140524

Brown's parents retain attorney Benjamin Crump, who represented the family of Trayvon Martin, as their counsel.

http://www.usatoday....eline/14051827/

And why would you hire a guy that failed to get George Zimmerman on Murder? I'd hire the guys who got OJ Simpson away with Murder. If it was me.

Edited by stevemagegod

Well the good news is with the influx of so-called latinos soon white people will get to experience the joys of

A) being a minority

B) getting treated like a minority by increasingly militarized police

C) to ask themselves is it racist to shoot unarmed teenagers who just happen to belong to a minority

And good times will follow.

http://www.dailymail...dren-age-5.html

http://www.newsweek....-program-264537

Edit;

B) turned into some sort of emotacon that worked very well with my point and yet, was still fundamentally disturbing in its execution.

edit; edit;

my god, b.) rules this board...everyone flee at once!

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

It's kind of sad that the only time the media and much of the public at large find the death of a young black man, victim of gun violence, significant, is when the one that pulls the trigger isn't black.

• Like 7

And for those list of demands that want the ferguson department to be re ordered to reflect the population won't be much better as here in Buffalo we have a force that reflects the population and there is still lots of corruption.

Here in Rochester, we can't find enough black people to be cops and teachers.

We have all kinds of programs, from scholarships to lower standards... and we cannot fill the jobs with enough black people. It doesn't seem like black culture puts a high priority on helping their own communities.

Well the good news is with the influx of so-called latinos soon white people will get to experience the joys of

A) being a minority

C) to ask themselves is it racist to shoot unarmed teenagers who just happen to belong to a minority

Not really.... White culture does not glorify criminality the way american black culture does. Most of white pop icons don't have criminal records or arrests for violent behavior. Most white children have positive male role models around them. White culture does not correlate prison time with hero status. When a white person gets a job and works hard and, with a little luck, becomes successful, other white people don't say that they aren't white enough anymore or call them a sell out.

I don't know what happened in the Ferguson shooting... I'm waiting for the evidence to provide a picture, not the media and certainly not angry people looking to loot and riot. But there is an aspect of an acceptance of violence in black american culture that is not present in some other cultures.

When my people came here, they were discriminated against. They fought and begged for jobs in the fire departments and police departments. What is it about black culture that makes it so we literally can't give police and fire department jobs to them?

Edited by Neognosis
  • Like 5

As an old white guy....

After the shooting of Mike Brown why would you start looting and vandalizing the town before you know the whole story?

I suspect you have no idea what it's like to be black in america. And seemingly worse as time goes by. Today stories of a family arrested for being black in texas. A businessman arrested in Beverly hills for being black. Black man/woman pummelled while on the ground helpless. Black woman arrrested for jaywalking. The news is full of this crap on a daily basis.

In America you are Innocent until proven guilty.

while technically true and most Americans believe this myth, more often it's how much money you have that determines that...

Why would you risk your career over shooting some random kid off the street?

he temporarily lost control.

The only difference between the Trayvon case and Brown case is that it is a Cop instead of a Wannabe Cop.

that's a pretty huge difference. And florida has some pretty wacky laws.

All he told them to do was get off the road. It logically doesn't make sense.

you're right. How many times did he shoot an unarmed teenager?

And for those list of demands that want the ferguson department to be re ordered to reflect the population won't be much better as here in Buffalo we have a force that reflects the population and there is still lots of corruption.

a logical fallacy. Just because you have a problem in Buffalo, doesn't mean it applies everywhere.

A) being a minority

And good times will follow.

http://www.dailymail...dren-age-5.html

http://www.newsweek....-program-264537

Edit;

B) turned into some sort of emotacon that worked very well with my point and yet, was still fundamentally disturbing in its execution.

edit; edit;

my god, b.) rules this board...everyone flee at once!

Makes sense. As a white, I don't really care about which race is the majority of the country, this is technically foreign soil to the white race anyway, and we ARE a country of immigrants. What worries me is if this sudden influx of illegals who don't share American values are going to change the country on a fundamental level.

Assuming the human race survives long enough, all races will eventually interbreed to make a single human race with the rare lighter pigmentation or non-brown/black hair, whites will likely be the first to go since most our visible traits are recessive compared to other races.

• Like 2

Here in Rochester, we can't find enough black people to be cops and teachers.

We have all kinds of programs, from scholarships to lower standards... and we cannot fill the jobs with enough black people. It doesn't seem like black culture puts a high priority on helping their own communities.

Not really.... White culture does not glorify criminality the way american black culture does.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Robin_Hood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Capone

http://en.wikipedia....icted_of_crimes

Sorry, you do have valid points, I just naturally enjoy irony.

Edited by bubblykiss

It's kind of sad that the only time the media and much of the public at large find the death of a young black man, victim of gun violence, significant, is when the one that pulls the trigger isn't black.

How often does it happen the other way around, I wonder.

• Like 1

Makes sense. As a white, I don't really care about which race is the majority of the country, this is technically foreign soil to the white race anyway, and we ARE a country of immigrants. What worries me is if this sudden influx of illegals who don't share American values are going to change the country on a fundamental level.

Assuming the human race survives long enough, all races will eventually interbreed to make a single human race with the rare lighter pigmentation or non-brown/black hair, whites will likely be the first to go since most our visible traits are recessive compared to other races.

The US has experienced waves of immigrants, including the Irish & Italians, Chinese, if it changed the country on a fundamental level, it doesn't appear to be for the worse. I've always assumed that for some people the issue is tinged with racism. Not everybody, but for some. If we streamlined our immigration system, more people would come here legally, I'm guessing. Right now the average wait is 8 years.

Robin hood robbed from the corrupt rich and gave to the hard working and abused poor. He didn't deal crack cocaine to his own people, make a record about it, marry beyonce and get a grammy though.

Al Capone WAS a horrible human being....and a violent criminal. And you are right, he did achieve pop icon status. And then there's the sopranos and such too... and every culture does idolize criminals to some extent... but they seem to put a higher priority on achieving success through typical channels in real life more than they seek to personify these heroes.

• Like 1

In Canada you are Guilty until proven innocent.

That's news to us Canadians!

• Like 1

Robin hood robbed from the corrupt rich and gave to the hard working and abused poor. He didn't deal crack cocaine to his own people, make a record about it, marry beyonce and get a grammy though.

To be fair, those taxes were to pay for a crusade and to bail Richard the Lion Heart outta jail....where the French were keeping him....it is all in how you spin it.

Lets also not pretend like black culture isn't created by people in positions of wealth and power, primarily white people initially, making money by creating these rebellious anti-authoritarian figures to appeal to an underpriveledged group of people.

How often does it happen the other way around, I wonder.

Do you?
  • Like 3

The US has experienced waves of immigrants, including the Irish & Italians, Chinese, if it changed the country on a fundamental level, it doesn't appear to be for the worse. I've always assumed that for some people the issue is tinged with racism. Not everybody, but for some. If we streamlined our immigration system, more people would come here legally, I'm guessing. Right now the average wait is 8 years.

Oh right. I've got an even better Idea. Let's streamline the process completely by annexing the whole western hemisphere and make them all citizens. It's a very egalitarian solution and infinitely preferable to being swamped by two thirds of those countries populations that live in wretched poverty..

In America you are Innocent until proven guilty. And as of yet the Officer has not been proven guilty. In Canada you are Guilty until proven innocent. However we are not Canada.

You got those two mixed up.

Lets also not pretend like black culture isn't created by people in positions of wealth and power, primarily white people initially, making money by creating these rebellious anti-authoritarian figures to appeal to an underpriveledged group of people.

While there is a smidge of truth to your statement about the money making part, let us not also not act like whites "created" black culture. That is just an excuse that I cannot accept as reasonable. "Whites" cannot be the monster under the bed in every racial scenario. While some responsibility does fall under the "whites" jurisdiction, some must also fall to the black community as well. That is inescapable if true empowerment is to happen.

Also, anti-authoritarian figures wouldn't be as appealing if the underprivileged had stronger authority figures at home that offered better guidance. Think Bill Cosby...

• Like 2

"Ferguson shooting not racially motivated" Why would it be? Every cop knows that he's going to be investigated every time he fires his gun. He knows he's likely to be on video any time, any where. This was on a public street in broad daylight, not some back alley after dark. Don't most cops just want to get through their day and go home? I don't know exactly what happened that led up to the shooting, I only know what I've seen in the media. But I can't believe this officer, with no prior incident on his record, went to work that day and said to himself "today I'm going to shoot a black guy".

Let the evidence speak for itself. He may have made many errors. He may have over reacted. He may be unsuited to be a policeman. He may even be a racist. But I would have to bet that he's not stupid.

• Like 3

You do realize the same immigration laws apply to white Europeans and their wait is just as long don't you?

• Like 1

It's not immigration, it's unrestricted mass migration. Homeland Security is a joke. All ISIS terror squads would have to do is fly to Mexico and walk across the border. Unscreened, undocumented "migrants" can bring any kind of infectous disease into the country. Criminals can come here from anywhere, anytime they please by just walking across the border. All the reasons we have immigration laws to safeguard the public are being ignored by our government that refuses to enforce it's own laws. No other country in the world is expected to submit to this level of unrestricted access. Am I paranoid? No. Almost all the people entering illegally are good people in search of the American Dream. Yet for the above stated reasons--and many others--we have the right and our government has an obligation to control entry to our country, just like every other civilized nation in the world.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 3

Not really.... White culture does not glorify criminality the way american black culture does. Most of white pop icons don't have criminal records or arrests for violent behavior. Most white children have positive male role models around them. White culture does not correlate prison time with hero status. When a white person gets a job and works hard and, with a little luck, becomes successful, other white people don't say that they aren't white enough anymore or call them a sell out.

I think you're right. I think the media in particular has actually gone backwards somewhat in it's depictions of African-Americans, which might have contributed to the lack of visible role models. In the 80s and 90s there were multiple sitcoms featuring affluent black families - The Cosby Show, The Jeffersons and The Fresh Prince of Belair for instance. Now their representation seems to be reduced to tokenism in a lot of situations. There's always been role models in music and athletics, but almost none in law enforcement or academia. There are some signs this is changing but it'll be a long process. I think if you want to recruit more black police officers, the police need to show the black community that they are an impartial body.

And a good way to do that is end the wasteful and pointless War on Drugs. Whether it's racially motivated or not, it contributes greatly to crime in all communities, but disproportionately affects minority communities. A kid who gets busted with some pot and thrown in jail with the real criminals is going to have some issues with society.

• Like 3

While there is a smidge of truth to your statement about the money making part, let us not also not act like whites "created" black culture. That is just an excuse that I cannot accept as reasonable. "Whites" cannot be the monster under the bed in every racial scenario. While some responsibility does fall under the "whites" jurisdiction, some must also fall to the black community as well. That is inescapable if true empowerment is to happen.

The media can steer culture in some ways, and I think the white controlled media might have done so somewhat to black culture. That isn't to say that they did it deliberately of course. I'm not going to invoke malice, when greed will suffice. I think some music executive somewhere saw that they could sell some of the shadier elements of hip hop to white audiences and decided to emphasize that. Prominent rappers were murdered in the 90s, something that's absolutely unheard of for a music scene as far as I know. But their music was edgy and it annoyed kids parents so it sold really well. So the market shifted away from the other genres of hip hop that weren't so nihilistic and destructive. It could get pretty extreme but it had a positive message. I wouldn't subscribe that to a monster under the bed, just market forces.

Also, anti-authoritarian figures wouldn't be as appealing if the underprivileged had stronger authority figures at home that offered better guidance. Think Bill Cosby...

And not Al Sharpton! Just because someone is a reverend doesn't make them an authority or a representative. Without that title he'd be your regular maniac with a sandwich board.

• Like 1

Regardless of his skin color, if I had a 300 lb., 6'4" "teenager" charging/attacking me, I would continue to fire until he wasn't.

And I hate the way the media always paints these people as such sweet innocent victims. They did it with Trayvon, they did it with Bergman, they did it with Folley, and now with Micheal Brown(is he obama's son too). The latter who had just robbed a store, assaulted an employee and used drugs. Now I not saying in anyway did he deserve to be killed for that, but if and when it comes out that he did in fact attack officer Wilson, well you reap what you sow.

• Like 4

I think alot of them were Jews too....

Or does that make it racist?

/sarcasm

Stop playing the blame/victim game. It's not getting us anywhere.

Hell not to long ago a local Arab kid who just moved from Iraq had his new iphone stolen from a couple of 5th graders or something when he went to confront them he get killed. ALl he got was like a week's worth of local attention.