Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hospital canteen's 'fry-up' pie

Still Waters

A "fry-up" pie should be banned from a hospital canteen, says a food expert.

The £1.50 "heart attack on a plate" is crammed with bacon, sausage, black pudding and beans, with an egg on top.

It is being sold at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee, where doctors fight to save stroke and heart attack victims.

http://www.telegraph...on-a-plate.html

• Like 1

If it's a heart-attack on a plate then inside a hospital is the ideal place to be eating it, is it not?

• Like 3

Seems hypocritical to me. He's complaining about this? What about all the "Heart attacks-on-plates" that regularly get sold in Wendy's, McDonald's, so on and so forth?

All he's doing is feeding the illusion that the government cares about your health.

Edited by Insaniac
  • Like 2

Talk about wanting to keep your patients ( customers) coming back in the future. Recurring business! I agree with Mr.Lean on this, its a hospital serving a heart attack waiting to happen. Wow!

• Like 3

I assume £1.50 is a staff subsidy price?

In Scotland it'd be deep-fried...

I assume £1.50 is a staff subsidy price?

In Scotland it'd be deep-fried...

It is in Scotland!

..and am surprised it's not at least £2.50.

• Like 1

It is in Scotland!

Exactly, that's why I doubt the veracity of the story ;-)

• Like 1

It is in Scotland!

That's the shear genius of it all. You spend 1.50 now but the hospital gets much more later when you return with more health problems. ;):P

Talk about wanting to keep your patients ( customers) coming back in the future. Recurring business! I agree with Mr.Lean on this, its a hospital serving a heart attack waiting to happen. Wow!

That's right. They do the same things with supermarkets and dentist's.

• Like 1

That's right. They do the same things with supermarkets and dentist's.

Its a vicsious circle of idiocy. Eat garbage, go to dentist to clean garbage from teeth/ go to Dr to treat ailments from eating garbage, get prescription for big pharma medicine and start to feel better, feel ailment from side effects of prescription and go back to Dr to get another prescription for side effects of first prescription. Meanwhile the pharmacy a lot of people get said prescription from is located in a big chain grocery store where they buy their garbage food in the first place. Do this circle enough times and end up at hospital! Weeeeeeee! :P

I actually see this happen with my own parents who are now retired. My father especially because he's 1) a hypochondriac that loves his "drugs" 2) eats too much too often 3) the food he eats is garbage unfit for even a pig. Then complains about an upset stomach. :whistle::no:

• Like 2