Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Date rape detector n-polish angers feminists

Merc14

Id buy my daughter some as well when and if I ever have one thats a damn good and discrete way to protect yourself. The over the top feminists can settle down at some point they only make themselves look like hateful idiots

Like the one gal said it kind of gives a false sense of security in that is doesn't test for everything. Best things girls should do is try to travel in packs and make sure somebody knows who you are with and what time you're planing on being home and if you change plans call and inform someone. I got drugged at party one time I don't know if it had been meant for me or most likely, for someone else. Sure did get really, really stoned off 2 drinks.

• Like 1

“But I think we need to think critically about why we keep placing the responsibility for preventing sexual assault on young women.”

Wow. Just. Wow. There are people who actually think this way. Wow.

Followed by this;

“As a woman, I’m told not to go out alone at night, to watch my drink, to do all of these things. That way, rape isn’t just controlling me while I’m actually being assaulted — it controls me 24/7 because it limits my behavior. Solutions like these actually just recreate that. I don’t want to ******* test my drink when I’m at the bar. That’s not the world I want to live in.”

Well I too am tired of being controlled by things that are designed to keep me safe, from now on I will whittle ivory tusks in my car, without a seat belt on while traveling 120 mph through dense urban sprawl, while cutting towards my body's core with a razor sharp machete. Safety concerns and logic should not apply to me, stop trying to control me.

And I am tired of not being able to use my toaster while in the bathtub.

• Like 9

And I am tired of not being able to use my toaster while in the bathtub.

THANK YOU! These feminists are on to something - I'm tired of feeling like electricity controls my life.

• Like 3

Sometimes I swear the ultra so called feminist want women to be helpless

• Like 3

I don't know where the feminists get off on opposing this. No its not going to prevent all rapes and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something that will, but it will make you aware if your drink has drugged which often leads to being raped.

• Like 2

A group of four N. Carolina State Uni. students have developed a nail polish that allows a woman to test a drink for teh date rape drug

http://www.usatoday....drugs/14606105/

Sounds like a great idea and a convenient way for young coeds to protect themselves from predatory a-holes but the feminists are foaming at the mouth angry over it!

http://victorygirlsb...ng-nail-polish/

My question is why are they upset at this? Yes, the fact that women are preyed upon by certain segnments of the male and female population sucks but it is reality and this at least allows people to protect themselves from these dangerous drugs. If I had a daughter I'd certainly buy her some of this nail polish.

So basically, until all of the world's ills toward women are solved, any measure to protect them is, in fact, supporting the aggressors?

• Like 3

So basically, until all of the world's ills toward women are solved, any measure to protect them is, in fact, supporting the aggressors?

That appears to be the logic involved on the feminists side.

• Like 1

I so want to come up with an accurate articulate description of how I feel about the present day feminist but all I got is....."ppfffffttttt..just get me a beer and shut up"

• Like 2

No...see their answer is to castrate all male children as soon as their...erm..."weapons" drop. They'll want to keep a few viable breeders around in chains to have their sperm surgically removed and the women impregnated through in vitro fertilization...but the lesser males (not rich, average looks, etc) should be turned into eunuchs to work and serve...

Yeah...I went there...

It's all well and good to demand that no man should be allowed to commit a crime, and a beautiful woman should be able to walk around a ghetto at night in lingerie and feel completely safe, but that isn't how human nature or the world works. The smarter you act the safer you'll be in general.

• Like 3

The logical answer is that real men; should feel responsible, be responsible and act responsible.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Wow... those poor deluded women who think all men are apes and should be locked up in prison. Epic facepalm right there, but let me put this out, good job for the four men who design this nail polish to protect women from date rape drugs! For such an anti-rape views, the sure go against anything that could protect women from rape, even defense classes that women take to protect themselves from rapists. Really now? They are only out to fulfill their agenda and brainwash women to believe all men are bad.

A group of four N. Carolina State Uni. students have developed a nail polish that allows a woman to test a drink for teh date rape drug

http://www.usatoday....drugs/14606105/

Sounds like a great idea and a convenient way for young coeds to protect themselves from predatory a-holes but the feminists are foaming at the mouth angry over it!

http://victorygirlsb...ng-nail-polish/

My question is why are they upset at this? Yes, the fact that women are preyed upon by certain segnments of the male and female population sucks but it is reality and this at least allows people to protect themselves from these dangerous drugs. If I had a daughter I'd certainly buy her some of this nail polish.

Holy crap

Actually, date rape drugs, like Rohypnol, Xanax, and GHB, are not used to facilitate sexual assault all that often. While exact estimates vary, it’s safe to say that plain old alcohol is the substance most commonly used in drug-facilitated rape. Are you at all worried that by overstating the prevalence of date rape drugs, your product might give its users, who are no less likely to become victims of other kinds of sexual assault, a false sense of security?

What a stupid argument.

I'd buy this nail polish for my daughter too, sounds like the best idea I have heard since rape axe.

You have to wonder what side thes idiots are actually on.

I think the reason they are upset is well explained in the article:

For most normal people, a nail polish that can detect if a drink has been spiked is something to celebrate — but then, feminazis can’t think about anything unless they’re making sure it’s been agenda-tested first. Does this make us angry? Yes. Does it make us come across as bitter hags? Yes. Does it give us a reason to blame men and further perpetuate our image as misandrists? Yes. It’s a winner!

Is it not enough that we treat them like real people already? We let them use escalators and everything. Never enough.

:lol:

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Wow... those poor deluded women who think all men are apes and should be locked up in prison. Epic facepalm right there, but let me put this out, good job for the four men who design this nail polish to protect women from date rape drugs! For such an anti-rape views, the sure go against anything that could protect women from rape, even defense classes that women take to protect themselves from rapists. Really now? They are only out to fulfill their agenda and brainwash women to believe all men are bad.

Now the question is, if you're a woman and a guy hands you a drink at a party and you finger dip it to test and it turns out to be spiked, can you have him arrested?

• Like 3

Now the question is, if you're a woman and a guy hands you a drink at a party and you finger dip it to test and it turns out to be spiked, can you have him arrested?

Just shove it down his throat while plugging his nose.

Like begets like.

• Like 3

“But I think we need to think critically about why we keep placing the responsibility for preventing sexual assault on young women."

Yep, let's just leave our doors unlocked while we're at it. Why should I take preventive measures against bad things happening?... sigh

• Like 2

Yes... because it is considered attempted rape.

• Like 2

I think yes. Attempted rape, attempted poisoning or aggravated assault.

• Like 2

I think that might fall under drug laws rather than rape laws- it's easier to prove drugging or intent to drug than what the potential intent of actions might be after drugging. As in it's easy to prove intent to drug by having the drugged drink handed to you- harder to prove that you were handed a drugged drink to the purpose of raping.

I'm the kind of person that if that happened to me, I would start kicking up a big fuss and shouting so everyone at the party knew what the guy was up to by handing me a drugged drink.

• Like 1

any woman can have any man arrested, all they need to do is to say a man assaulted them, or raped, no proof needed for arrest (that however does not work in reverse) . will he be charged or even found guilty is a lot bigger question, but if no charges filed, a guy can sue her, for false acusations, and slender.

I'm the kind of person that if that happened to me, I would start kicking up a big fuss and shouting so everyone at the party knew what the guy was up to by handing me a drugged drink.

than you would be thrown out, and possibly banned from the place. i seen it happen. and if you act up too much , you will be the one arrested, do not believe me? try it. but most likely no one will pay much attention to you, or even hear you, clubs and bars are loud places, filled with drunk people, girls including. i'm sure the stuff in those places heard and seen it all. but they do not like trobble makers.

Edited by aztek

The logical answer is that real men; should feel responsible, be responsible and act responsible.

Well of course and in the perfect world we'd all go around blowing bubbles and farting rainbows.

than you would be thrown out, and possibly banned from the place. i seen it happen. and if you act up too much , you will be the one arrested, do not believe me? try it. but most likely no one will pay much attention to you, or even hear you, clubs and bars are loud places, filled with drunk people, girls including. i'm sure the stuff in those places heard and seen it all. but they do not like trobble makers.

Lol, I bet I would get thrown out and potentially arrested. But I still would likely make a fuss if someone tried to drug me.