Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teleporting Insect

Lahh

Today I walked into my living room and found an insect. It was about 1 cm long and it was not moving. At first, I thought it was dead so I leave it alone. But 2 minutes later i looked at the insect and it was still there, but suddenly it teleports to the ceiling. So I stare at it for a while and it teleports again.

Books say that there is 'animal teleportation'

Such as queen ant teleportation.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I would never say that that cannot be possible for an animal creature because we all now such a thing does exist in nature, quantum tunneling, and certainly, too, it is the case that animal creatures can have attributes that humans don't have, so, I'm saying "quite possible" here.

how did you know to look for such a small insect on the ceiling if it teleported?

the bigger question may be, how does he know the one on the ceiling is the same one that was on the desk

• Like 4

Really? Bugs are teleporting in your home? Just when i think ive heard it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Moving at the speed of thought would look like teleporting.

• Haha 1

Just like the earl said, there is maths that could suggest teleportation to another space-time however the probability of this is more than conceived possible. For the probability of this happening to even a single atom is unimaginable, let alone billions that make up a creature and then the probability that they all reappear at the same point, in the same order, and the same time, adds even more unimaginable odds, to the point that its not even worth talk about, so ill shut up now.........BUT could happen. lol

• Like 2

Really? Bugs are teleporting in your home? Just when i think ive heard it all.

I was wondering how they were getting in here!

Wonder why I can kill them so easy?

Harte

• Haha 1

I would never say that that cannot be possible for an animal creature because we all now such a thing does exist in nature, quantum tunneling, and certainly, too, it is the case that animal creatures can have attributes that humans don't have, so, I'm saying "quite possible" here.

Quantum woo. Impossible.
  • Like 1

the bigger question may be, how does he know the one on the ceiling is the same one that was on the desk

That was going to be next question.

Books say that there is 'animal teleportation'

Such as queen ant teleportation.

what book is that?

F. Raud's Guide to the Animal World?

• Like 1

Can we just teleport all the bad insects to some other planet, if this is possible?

I sometimes teleport when I see a spider :blush::yes:

"Where the heck did she go?!"

Edited by QuiteContrary

lol.

On weekends I shoot pool with a buddy.

One night he said, "I'll be right back" and left for a half hour, and then came back.

I asked what happened. He said, "Susan called and asked me to come home and remove a spider that was on the wall".

I'm looking at him funny, so he goes on, "So when she called, I said to Susan, why don't you just take a newspaper and hit it?, and she said, 'Charlie!! Get home NOW!"

LOL gotta' love it

• Like 1

Can we just teleport all the bad insects to some other planet, if this is possible?

As there are no "bad insects", I can say that we have already successfully done that ;)

• Like 1

what book is that?

F. Raud's Guide to the Animal World?

Things by Ivan T. Sanderson. The Article in question is IFT And The ATTA, originally published in Fate magazine, which tells you most of what you need to know.

Onion, when they gonna' let you out of banishment, anyway, and how do you keep posting??

I don't get it! :blush:

Onion, when they gonna' let you out of banishment, anyway, and how do you keep posting??

I don't get it! :blush:

You're confusing me with a different vegetable. ;)

• 5 years later...

I am relieved to come across someone else with the same problem as myself. I saw an insect appear out of nowhere on my ceiling above my bed and it disappeared and reappeared further along the ceiling. I dashed off panicking worrying it’s next location to reappear would be on myself. I returned with bug spray to find it vanished. If you have anymore incidents please say as I have many. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

They're not teleporting, they're just moving fast. Use your critical thinking skills people.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This site isn't exactly a benchmark for critical thinking.

Of all the wacky stuff claimed on here, "teleporting bugs" might be the silliest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked

OIP.qGGj8xEddWLdFO5rd7Gs9QHaLs.jpg.4bb45b7769d55fcff1019844af49da01.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Why doesn't this thread include teleporting lizards?

I really don't understand why insects would develop that sort of ability.