Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A strange experience I need some input on

othellokiir

(posted this in another area of the forums, but it might belong here better. Sorry ahead of time to whoever regulates)

When I was younger, about 13 or 14 I started hanging out with my younger cousin. Her house was haunted and I had wanted to try automatic writing with her. She seemed interested, so it was pretty easy to teach her. We had our fun with pretty instant results. It was natural for her. She was able to let go very easy and get a few scribbled words out. Together we got a good sense of feeling when an energy was invading your true self.

so we leave that alone and start talking about what real limits are. She is sitting up on her bed (a bod and mattress against the wall) and I am on the floor, looking up at her. we get into a heated discussion about where the true blockages are. It was a good 30 minutes of back and forth and we come to the same conclusion at the same time "there are no blocks" because the mind is free.

Everything gets quiet. It gets darker and the ground falls away. My cousin's eyes are locked with mine and I can't look away. She looks like she is in a trance and behind her a huge black eye shape where the wall used to be. I feel SO heavy, but I don't feel the ground. It takes everything I have to get onto my hands and knees and crawl to her. "I'm not ready for this!" I call. I plead for my cousin "sally wake up!" I can barely hear myself and it takes forever to reach her, but i am starting to feel lighter. I grab my cousin's leg and shake it.

She snaps out of her trance and says "whoa" I ask her to tell me what she saw. I didn't tell her what I saw because I didn't want to taint her experiance or have her saying "yeah i saw that" I wanted to hear from her in her words. She describes the same thing that happened to me. I asked her what she saw behind me- what color was it. "yeah! It was an eye, a white one"

after we gathered ourselves our skin felt electric and we were filled with energy. Any ideas about what happened?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• othellokiir

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Hammerclaw

• Lioness_Heart

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I am kind of on the fence on this. I feel you and your cousin had an experience. I know I have to remember you both spoke of having a similar experience. I wonder though, if it's also something physical or not. I usually don't believe in outside influences causing me to experience some strange body situations. I never believe in possessions. I do remember having one experience in one place where I work, where I felt like I was walking around what seemed like I was dreaming and sleeping. Then someone saying I said certain things, and I don't remember that. I never felt that before and I never did again after that, and I wonder what that was. I also many times experience blood sugar attacks and other situations, where I know it's my body reacting to things and that is just that. I'll just say, that it could be what you both were trying to do. But, for me, who has had more mundane physical experiences dealing with my body, I wonder if it's just a physical reason going on.

I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary. we made some Crystalite, grabbed some chips and stayed up late and since it was during the summer vacation we were already staying up late. I can't remember the time. I will note thought that the feeling of heaviness was similar to if my whole body had fallen asleep. also when it was starting to get dark it was similar to fainting, but the vision of my cousin was still pretty clear.

as for trying to do this to ourselves, we didn't know what was going on. I felt fully alert but unable to do anything. My cousin was just sitting there staring at me.

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either when falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often associated with terrifying visions, such as an intruder in the room, to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, from which the term "nightmare" is derived. One theory is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia to prevent the sleeper from acting out his or her dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation. When linked to another disorder, sleep paralysis commonly occurs in association with the neurological sleep disorder narcolepsy. From Wikipedia

You saw a black eye shape and she saw a white eye shape... Sounds like a kind of "yin-yang" connection between you two... I don't know... Just a thought...