Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should I write an Essay on Racism really is?

Uncle Sam

I plan on writing an long essay, basically an speech about how racism has evolved over the years, how the world has warped the view of racism and how they are going against the wishes of Martin Luther King who had an dream that all men should be equal. This essay or speech is something I will post in the newspapers and I will try to gain national attention in attempt to set the record straight. Racism can happen to any race regardless if they are African American, Native American, Caucasian, Asian, Native Hawaiian, Arab, or Latino decent. There are many degrading terms for each and every race, some of the most known terms are related to black minorities because it is the most reported and most in-depth taught in schools across America. We can never escape racism unless everyone understand that racism is an unfair judgement upon another person based upon their skin color.

Media's don't help when they are biased in their reporting and police are biased in classification of hate crimes. Group of black individuals assault an single unarmed white individual, leaving him or her nearly dead all due to the skin of their color is racism. Same goes for white group of individuals who attack an single unarmed black individual and beats him or her to nearly dead due to the skin of their color. The difference between these two, the group of black individuals are not charged with hate crime while the white individuals are charge with hate crime, now is this fair or is it biased? No it isn't. Sames goes with the mainstream media, they report daily on the news of an black individual gunned down by an white cop due to color of skin, but if an black cop does the same it isn't even reported in the mainstream media. It is time for this to change. Martin Luther king wanted everyone to be equal, not to have one group consistent play victim undermining his effort for equality.

The Civil Leaders of today are an disgrace of Martin Luther King's dream and vision. I am willing to go on live T.V. in front of millions of views to get my words out, to change the current status quote where everyone is equal in justice and racism is truly understood compared to today's generation believing that all whites are keeping the other minorities down. This assumption and attitude is taught by parents as well as liberal medias today, which leads to tensions between races and ignites race wars. I have a few individuals that I will lay into, letting them understand they are not solving the issue but throwing gasoline onto fire in hopes of putting out the fire. I hope I can put this message out on live T.V. in hopes to get many to understand, this isn't helping or even getting rid of racism, but is making it worse when whites start to resent being labeled racist for multiple reasons that doesn't have nothing to due with racism.

• Like 5

I'm sure your intent is noble. I wouldn't do such a thing simply because these days there is no real upside to it, unfortunately. I think the best approach is just to live your convictions and answer when asked what those are. Unfortunately in these days when one stands up in public over such an issue they usually just get vilified - maybe even prosecuted, if you aren't careful. The hate is STRONG out there man.

• Like 2

I'm sure your intent is noble. I wouldn't do such a thing simply because these days there is no real upside to it, unfortunately. I think the best approach is just to live your convictions and answer when asked what those are. Unfortunately in these days when one stands up in public over such an issue they usually just get vilified - maybe even prosecuted, if you aren't careful. The hate is STRONG out there man.

Something must be done... racism is being flipped somehow, where all white individuals are considered the aggressors regardless if the situation. Even if there is racist crime, all whites end up paying for the actions of an single individual or group of individuals who are truly racist. I can't even walk down the street hardly anymore without being sneered at by other races and told I am the root cause of all their problems. Something must change. People need to understand what racism truly is, labeling shouldn't be used for all sorts of reasons that are not associated with real acts of racism. Other races should understand this is individuals committing this act, not all white individuals who live in the united states. Enough is enough...

Edited by Uncle Sam

I'd be interested in reading your essay.

I'm afraid that if you are a white male, no one will care.

Oh yeah, they will care. They will care enough to call him a racist for even questioning the standard definition of the term in society today. Believe me, I'm as sick of it as any individual on the planet, especially living in the deep south.

Mike

• Like 2

Oh yeah, they will care. They will care enough to call him a racist for even questioning the standard definition of the term in society today. Believe me, I'm as sick of it as any individual on the planet, especially living in the deep south.

Mike

Well, that's what I mean. It will immediatly be dismissed as a racial diatribe. No one will take it seriously.

• Like 1

Something must be done... racism is being flipped somehow, where all white individuals are considered the aggressors regardless if the situation. Even if there is racist crime, all whites end up paying for the actions of an single individual or group of individuals who are truly racist. I can't even walk down the street hardly anymore without being sneered at by other races and told I am the root cause of all their problems. Something must change. People need to understand what racism truly is, labeling shouldn't be used for all sorts of reasons that are not associated with real acts of racism. Other races should understand this is individuals committing this act, not all white individuals who live in the united states. Enough is enough...

I agree with you Uncle. There is racism towards the white man. But this is new to us. We are forgeting the racism from us towards all others. Blacks Jews Hindus Muslims Indians Natives u name it. Especialy towards the Blacks.

They had to live all their life with discrimination and racism. Not a good feeling. Now we know how it is when someone because of a few, starts trashing a whole skincolor nationalty or religion.

Racism is defined by the individual and their personal experiences, as well as upbringing and family views. Then it is next defined by groups of people and finally, by society, regardless of individual views. Not saying one voice or a few speaking the truth don't matter, but it all depends on how society views it.

The media is also a massive influence. Without the mass media, the shooting of that young man in Missouri and the like have some crying racism and those views reach millions of people and can shape their views as well.

• Like 1

I don't think it would do any good. Racists will always find a way to use skin color as a tool.

But this is new to us.

It's not new to the Irish. We weren't even considered as valuable as black slaves in the 19th century.

We were given the most dangerous jobs because it didn't matter if we lived or died. The difference is we don't dwell on it, teach our children to harbor ill feelings or use it as an excuse not to succeed.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

It's not new to the Irish. We weren't even considered as valuable as black slaves in the 19th century.

We were given the most dangerous jobs because it didn't matter if we lived or died. The difference is we don't dwell on it, teach our children to harbor ill feelings or use it as an excuse not to succeed.

Very well said, I myself would be what most people would call "white" however I am actually hispanic. I've been called various racial slurs based on my ethnicity even though I don't look hispanic, I've also

been called a "cracker" or other deragatory terms directed towards caucasians. I really don't even feel like race plays that much of a factor anymore, the ignorant masses will find something other than

skin color to hate each other. I wish people would start basing their feelings towards others on their actions rather than stereotypes.

• Like 1

The thing is most people already feel exactly as you do, and those that don't won't listen to it. I'm in agreement with 'and then', don't preach it, live it. I am very impressed with the passion you feel for this subject. You are not alone.

edit to add:

My very first brush with racism was when I was 7 or 8 years old, so around 1971 or 72. Where I grew up there was maybe 2 or 3 black students in any given rich white school I attended. Since black people weren't around much racism was not as big a factor in our culture as it seems to be in other more integrated places, and certainly was not an element in the house I was raised in. It was at my first day of a summer day camp and and lo and behold there is a fat little black kid. I was fascinated and went over to say hi. The kids response was "Don't talk to me you white honky!" Out of my depth never encountering such immediate hostility I was temporarily taken aback but managed to call him a black honky in retaliation. Fortunately I had my first kiss a couple of months after that with a cute little classmate named Michelle who was black and spent time playing at her house, freeing me of my fear of black people. I guess my point is that the little black kid was the only black kid in the whole camp so he was probably lashing out in fear himself being surrounded by a bunch of white kids. As I remember he got left alone too. Too bad.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

(White) Racism is NOT treating any minority group at 150% what you would treat your white neighbor.

Edited by DieChecker

My very first brush with racism was when I was 7 or 8 years old, so around 1971 or 72. Where I grew up there was maybe 2 or 3 black students in any given rich white school I attended. Since black people weren't around much racism was not as big a factor in our culture as it seems to be in other more integrated places, and certainly was not an element in the house I was raised in. It was at my first day of a summer day camp and and lo and behold there is a fat little black kid. I was fascinated and went over to say hi. The kids response was "Don't talk to me you white honky!" Out of my depth never encountering such immediate hostility I was temporarily taken aback but managed to call him a black honky in retaliation. Fortunately I had my first kiss a couple of months after that with a cute little classmate named Michelle who was black and spent time playing at her house, freeing me of my fear of black people. I guess my point is that the little black kid was the only black kid in the whole camp so he was probably lashing out in fear himself being surrounded by a bunch of white kids. As I remember he got left alone too. Too bad.

We had 4 black kids at my high school. I even went to a dance with one of them a couple times. Out of about 500 in the school. They were adopted (By white people). They were treated the exact same by everyone, as far as I ever noticed. I had zero problems with hispanics or blacks till I joined the Army and went to basic training in Missouri. At which point I was introduced to N-word black people. I don't like N-word black people. They are racists.

• Like 1

In regards to your original post, you have a good writing style, and are very well spoken, which can't be said for most people sharing your views. I say go for it. Most of the people that support your views type some mess that I can't stand to read due to their illiteracy. I may actually be able to read and comprehend your opinions.

In regards to your original post, you have a good writing style, and are very well spoken, which can't be said for most people sharing your views. I say go for it. Most of the people that support your views type some mess that I can't stand to read due to their illiteracy. I may actually be able to read and comprehend your opinions.

Really? Even though he uses 'an' instead of 'a' in every instance? No offense Uncle Sam, seriously. I'd never chime in just to point that out but this guy continues to make a fool of himself every single time he rants about conservative's grammar.

• Like 3

I plan on writing an long essay, basically an speech about how racism has evolved over the years, how the world has warped the view of racism and how they are going against the wishes of Martin Luther King who had an dream that all men should be equal. This essay or speech is something I will post in the newspapers and I will try to gain national attention in attempt to set the record straight. Racism can happen to any race regardless if they are African American, Native American, Caucasian, Asian, Native Hawaiian, Arab, or Latino decent. There are many degrading terms for each and every race, some of the most known terms are related to black minorities because it is the most reported and most in-depth taught in schools across America. We can never escape racism unless everyone understand that racism is an unfair judgement upon another person based upon their skin color.

Media's don't help when they are biased in their reporting and police are biased in classification of hate crimes. Group of black individuals assault an single unarmed white individual, leaving him or her nearly dead all due to the skin of their color is racism. Same goes for white group of individuals who attack an single unarmed black individual and beats him or her to nearly dead due to the skin of their color. The difference between these two, the group of black individuals are not charged with hate crime while the white individuals are charge with hate crime, now is this fair or is it biased? No it isn't. Sames goes with the mainstream media, they report daily on the news of an black individual gunned down by an white cop due to color of skin, but if an black cop does the same it isn't even reported in the mainstream media. It is time for this to change. Martin Luther king wanted everyone to be equal, not to have one group consistent play victim undermining his effort for equality.

The Civil Leaders of today are an disgrace of Martin Luther King's dream and vision. I am willing to go on live T.V. in front of millions of views to get my words out, to change the current status quote where everyone is equal in justice and racism is truly understood compared to today's generation believing that all whites are keeping the other minorities down. This assumption and attitude is taught by parents as well as liberal medias today, which leads to tensions between races and ignites race wars. I have a few individuals that I will lay into, letting them understand they are not solving the issue but throwing gasoline onto fire in hopes of putting out the fire. I hope I can put this message out on live T.V. in hopes to get many to understand, this isn't helping or even getting rid of racism, but is making it worse when whites start to resent being labeled racist for multiple reasons that doesn't have nothing to due with racism.

To write an essay on what racism really is, you must have expeienced real racism. Can you relate that experience?

Be carefull people might call u racist on writeing this paper.the media is double standard on the subject.

Edited by coolguy

Really? Even though he uses 'an' instead of 'a' in every instance? No offense Uncle Sam, seriously. I'd never chime in just to point that out but this guy continues to make a fool of himself every single time he rants about conservative's grammar.

Are you saying AgentOrange only chimes in to rant about conservative grammar?

• Like 1

Are you saying AgentOrange only chimes in to rant about conservative grammar?

You'd be surprised. He even started a thread about it once.

You'd be surprised. He even started a thread about it once.

It was a thread about the stupidity of conservatives. A thread that pointed out multiple PEER REVIEWED statistical studies, not some random polling of 5,000 people that is posted on 99% of the threads here.

It was a thread about the stupidity of conservatives. A thread that pointed out multiple PEER REVIEWED statistical studies, not some random polling of 5,000 people that is posted on 99% of the threads here.

I don't recall all the details but it was certainly concluded by all but you to be totally incredulous and a biased farce. Anyhow, why crowbar that shortsighted view of yours into the conversation? Especially when nothing more than plain average intellect stems from your own keyboard.

Anyway, on topic Uncle Sam... You've got the right idea but like everyone else said, good luck. Truth and common sense don't often make waves. Playing on emotions and damning whitey does though sadly it's perpetuated by an unending slew of self loathing whiteys who's sole prospect in their 'journalistic' career is not to be called racist and the only way that works is if they call everyone else that. Good luck getting those very sad sacks to let you speak on their shows.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

When a professional writes a paper on a research article the aim is to be politically neutral, scientific and unbiased. When the research isn't then it gets discredited and rejected. If you go ahead and write your essay with your current approach it won't get you anywhere except labelled as an extremist. It certainly won't carry any weight behind it. If I was to write an essay I would take the following approach:

One side of the debate believes immigration brings vital skills to the economy as stated by - (quote opinions from reputable characters of good public standing). However critics are quick to point out most immigrants are actually unskilled working class people - (quote peer reviewed research articles indicating this).

One important think to remember with a hotly debated topic such as immigration is political bias is often present in all sides of the argument. The far-right look for excuses to problem their racist agenda while more centralist parties are only willing to see the positive impact of immigration on the economy.

When you take that approach its impersonal as it doesn't contain your own opinions. Hence you can't be accused of bias or of being an extremist. You have simply hi-lighted a contradiction in what main stream politicians say and what is actually happening on the ground. This is how you write an artcle criticising immigration.

• Like 2