Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi Beating.

supervike

Yeah, one of the first words out of the law enforcements mouth was " this was not a hate crime" lol. I personally cannot stand that term, one person doesn't kick the crap out of another because they like him. Hate crime is just a term used to keep the races waging war with one another. Was it a racially motivated assault? damn straight it was, and should be dealt with appropriately.

Mike

• Like 1

Yeah, one of the first words out of the law enforcements mouth was " this was not a hate crime" lol. I personally cannot stand that term, one person doesn't kick the crap out of another because they like him. Hate crime is just a term used to keep the races waging war with one another. Was it a racially motivated assault? damn straight it was, and should be dealt with appropriately.

Mike

It MAY happen to me someday but unless they jump me unawares there is going to be a LOT of blood on the ground to mingle with my own. No one has a right to touch other people - let alone beat them. Reverse the races in this story and imagine the outrage.
  • Like 3

Double standard on what?

Oh sorry, some context.

A few weeks ago, there was a case in Illinios where a man got into an argument with an elderly smoker. He (a white guy) slapped the lady (a black lady) apparently after telling her to 'move Rosa Parks'.

He was charged with a hate crime. While I agree completely he should have been charged with assualt, I thought the hate crime charge was ridiculous, as the altercation didn't appear to have race as the motivator.

Here we have a racially motivated beating, but an official is quick to point out that it is NOT a hate crime.

My whole point is that Hate Crime legislation, although done with good intentions, is administrated and prosecuted very biasedly. Hate Crime laws need to be repealed.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

Wow, I think it's incredible that 20 people followed the two guys to another location to beat them up. It's just... senseless and cruel.

• Like 2

It's not a hate crime because only white people are racist. Right.

• Like 5

It's not a hate crime because only white people are racist. Right.

I actually read a quote from some black "leader" that black folks CAN'T be racist because they have no "power". Scary and depressing mindset right there...

Double standard on what?

Lets put the boot on another foot, a bunch of white blokes tell a black man that "this isn't the place for you, leave" and then kick the crap out of him when he doesn't.

There'd be riots and someone would have burnt the building down by now.

It'd be called a "hate crime" faster then Al Sharpton would be on the scene.

Either the law applies to all or it means nothing.

• Like 6