Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When we die do we become stars?

Mr.United_Nations

I have been thinking about this, i know it sounds silly but suppose when we die. Do we become stars? or any other object in the universe?

Also in a few films they mention ancestors in the heavens or stars dancing, or something like in the Lion King.

My hope is to become a cruel god worshiped by the mouth breathing descendents of the current humanity or at the least some sort of mythical hero that fights ogre-like beasts across a cosmic sea of splashing lava and charred dreams while butterfly winged kittens serenade me with kinky post-neo-classical jazz renditions of *I Like Big Butts*, which as we all know will become the national anthem of one of the successor states the arise after the fall of 'merica.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to guess.... um.... no...

And as to the movies depicting 'ancestors dancing in the heavens'... My great nephew watches movies about a living talking toaster.... I wouldn't put a lot of

trust in Hollywood (or who ever) getting it right about this...

When I was little my mom used to say that stars are the souls of the dead, but now I think it's more of comforting yourself rather than actual dead people.

It could be that after we die, all our elements that's made us up as humans could go towards creating a star, after all we were created by the elements that came from exploded stars.. But, I don't know how that works.

There were myths of gods and goddesses, (maybe Artemis?) turning heroes or people into constellations after their death. I read about it somewhere a long time ago, so I can't really remember much on that :P

• Like 2

Are we talking deep time, science kind of thing or in a spiritual sense in human time? IMO, We return to the Earth to become reborn into something else, as time moves on into deep time and the sun and earth are no more and all is scattered to the cosmos eventually all cycles back to where is started. So in a round about way we could be part of a newly formed star or planet.

• Like 2

I will live on, because my coding exist within my children. If they become parents and their children become parents. At some point in time someone will look just like me. Will it be me? I do not know. As for become a part of the cosmos, we already are. Perhaps in someway, when the earth is dead and our sun dies. We'll all drift through space perhaps become part of the material needed to create a star. Who know?

• Like 3

The Lion King.. lol

I suppose you become something, a dead body.

In billions of years maybe. We are made of star stuff, our remains will be returned to the earth. become part of it, in 5 billion years the sun will destroy earth, and perhaps the molecules that make up "you" might find their way back into space as cosmic dust to eventually become part of a proto disk that eventually forms a star.

Or perhaps not.

• Like 2

Great observation. Only illuminated souls will become cosmic bodies. Believe it or not but the suns are actually reflected light that comes from a life inhabiting planet. The TRUE sun is actually in our bodies (Bindu Seed) and inside the Earth. An excellent book on this subject is The Tutankhamen Prophecies by Maurice Cotterell.

Edited by Spore
  • Like 2

Hmm. I wonder.

*I'm sure there's a song here somewhere though.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Great observation. Only illuminated souls will become cosmic bodies. Believe it or not but the suns are actually reflected light that comes from a life inhabiting planet. The TRUE sun is actually in our bodies (Bindu Seed) and inside the Earth. An excellent book on this subject is The Tutankhamen Prophecies by Maurice Cotterell.

Interesting that this light only comes from the sun's direction.
  • Like 2

I'm not going to throw an ego centric opinion out there but I don't see why not. Last I knew it wasn't proven one way or another so it's very possible.

• Like 1

Hmm. I wonder.

*I'm sure there's a song here somewhere though.

Wonder I do...............

It says here:

34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. 39Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said. 40And after that they durst not ask him any question at all.

I wondered if this meant that we can not marry in this life if we to make it in that state in the next. I put the parable together from the 3 gospels it is in, since it is in 3 gospels, but worded a little differently. I compared them, and an angel phsycially put a light on in my head and I understood it from an extra dimension and saw that we could. Then the angel turned the light off and I could no longer comprehend it. I found it interesting that by putting a light in my head it gave me so much understanding in my mind, but without that light the understanding is not there because the idea cannot be seen, nor the understanding. I was able to grasp the basic idea that it was ok to marry and take it with me, but I cannot see the math or comprehend how I came to that conclusion anymore since the light is not there to see it.

I have been thinking about this, i know it sounds silly but suppose when we die. Do we become stars? or any other object in the universe?

Also in a few films they mention ancestors in the heavens or stars dancing, or something like in the Lion King.

Of course not! Dont be ridiculous.

We turn into angels and sprout wings and are given a harp and live on a cloud.

But seriously: I dont see why not. Considering a close analysis of human beliefs in this area (and their cause and function).

This thread title attracted me as I have taken this position a few times; from the perspectives as outlined by some above (addressed below) all the way through to our groups extensive exploration of 'Stella Yoga'.

When I was little my mom used to say that stars are the souls of the dead, but now I think it's more of comforting yourself rather than actual dead people.

Ah ... but what are the functions of religion other than existential comfort? I am a 'Thelemite' ( when the mood to be' of a religion' strikes me) so : Love under will ... but also : "Every Man and every Woman is a Star" . Okay, analogy too, but the extension of that analogy historically has always been broad and held artistic license (after all we are dealing with soul / psyche / 'unconscious' needs here).

I remember lying under the stars with little N. whose grandfather had just died and he wanted to know where he had gone. We talked about the physical side, and two of the boys had recently gone though that as the per duck had died a couple of months earlier and we went through that ... did a burial , etc ... except the boys got curious and dug it up a few weeks later to check it out. A . wanted to know where, what he knew as Grandpa, went - not just his body. Well, one can project a lot of crap into a kids head in moments like these, so I always stop and think a bit first.

I decided my postulations here were fine, so I told him some people think we are come from stars and go back there. Maybe he is a star. he liked that, and even detected a star he had never noticed before up there .. a new star ! smile.gif "Do you think he is watching me?" Oh sure, he is probably quiet happy that you are thinking about him and being concerned about where he is ."

Why not ... no one can be sure ... its all speculation.

There were myths of gods and goddesses, (maybe Artemis?) turning heroes or people into constellations after their death. I read about it somewhere a long time ago, so I can't really remember much on that :P

Definitely ! A great example are the Gemini twins one mortal the other immortal, one had to die and go through the process to join the other one : an image of our soul and ego process. The same in Australia Aboriginal culture, so many stories go like this:

Plot >> climax >> 'freezeframe' (points to stars) "And there they are up there ... that star is the fleeing couple, the two behind are a boomerang and throwing stick and the last are the guardians chasing them ."

As there is no link between Greek and Aboriginal culture , I postulate that this idea is at least 40.000 years old.

All through history it surfaces in similar themes , disguises, inversions and reversals (like al good 'Daimonic themes' ) .

A common one is the 'shooting star' portending an arrival or death. The early association of deities with stars (Egyptian and Mesopotamian) and hence going back to the roots of Zoroastrianism. ( 'Heavenly lights' >> planets >> virtues / qualities >> personification of virtues / qualities >> yazata ('angelic' beings ) >> ( to eventually)

yazatas1.jpg

Edited by back to earth

My hope is to become a cruel god worshiped by the mouth breathing descendents of the current humanity or at the least some sort of mythical hero that fights ogre-like beasts across a cosmic sea of splashing lava and charred dreams while butterfly winged kittens serenade me with kinky post-neo-classical jazz renditions of *I Like Big Butts*, which as we all know will become the national anthem of one of the successor states the arise after the fall of 'merica.

It must be interesting to be you. :w00t:

When i was a kid i had the notion that sunlight sparkling on water were souls dancing. I'm still partial to that, to be something ephemeral that creates beauty in all of it's endless forms.

• Like 1

post-106978-0-40671200-1409326259_thumb.

I suppose given enough time the elements which make up our bodies could eventually be part of a newly forming star. It would be so long however I doubt the human race would even exist anymore.

We are stars ourselves in a way, I suppose. After all the heavy elements we are made of have come from the death of stars.

• 5 years later...

I was having those same thoughts lately .  I believe that it is a possibility that our souls become stars after we die .  After all ,  there are probably as many stars as the number of deaths of humans since the beginning of time . Also , death can probably be better accepted knowing that you will become a star .

• Like 1