Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mr.United_Nations

When we die do we become stars?

32 posts in this topic

jmccr8
1 hour ago, Dojoleo said:

I was having those same thoughts lately .  I believe that it is a possibility that our souls become stars after we die .  After all ,  there are probably as many stars as the number of deaths of humans since the beginning of time . Also , death can probably be better accepted knowing that you will become a star .

Hi Dojoleo

The obvious question on the flip side is do stars and their planets die when a baby is born?

jmccr8

MissJatti

Mufasa talking to Simba

• Haha 2

godnodog

Pancakes, we all turn into pancakes

Mr Guitar

Uh, that would be a 'NO' unless you're talking about our atoms ('star stuff') floating around and combining with other star stuff to make more matter. You rot, the worms eat you and through their defecation/procreation/death, you become part of the earth or the worm gets eaten by something further up the food chain and the cycle continues. I don't see our remains leaving this pretty blue rock until such time as she burns/blows up and the remains go floating around space looking to join up with other star stuff' and find the proper conditions to become something else. Of course, I really don't see that happening in my lifetime so I'm not worrying too much about it and after I'm dead, I won't know it anyway so it's pretty far down on my list of priorities to be concerned about. A very wise man named A.E. Neuman once summed it up very well:  "What....Me Worry?"

Alfred E Neuman-STENCIL by crusty-punk on DeviantArt | Alfred e ...

Edited by Mr Guitar

larryp
On 8/27/2014 at 7:27 PM, psyche101 said:

Holy crap.

LoL . . . LoL  

larryp
On 8/27/2014 at 2:31 PM, XenoFish said:

". . . when the earth is dead and our sun dies. We'll all drift through space perhaps become part of the material needed to create a star. Who know?"

". . . the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,

Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited. . ."  Isaiah 45:18

openozy
On 8/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, Dojoleo said:

I was having those same thoughts lately .  I believe that it is a possibility that our souls become stars after we die .  After all ,  there are probably as many stars as the number of deaths of humans since the beginning of time . Also , death can probably be better accepted knowing that you will become a star .

It's a wild idea but I believed it as a child and am starting to believe it again getting older.I believe it is true despite scientific answers,there is something to it imo.