Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychology surveys and studies

Saru

Depending on the studies i'd probably be willing to participate, now whether i'd be a good candidate is another story, thanks for the post Saru.

• Like 3

very much Bookmarked

Hi everyone! My name is Helen and I'm a psychology honours student at the University of Adelaide. I'm currently running a study on the psychology of paranormal belief. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. There are no prizes or rewards for participating, but if you are interested you can find it at:

http://www.jordaaan.com/paranormal

We are aiming for the research to be published and it is likely that the findings could make a meaningful contribution to the field. If you have any questions please feel free to email me using the email provided on the study preamble. Thank you so much!

• Like 2

Cool I ran through the experiment. On the psychic test I got the first one right, then I started to do very horrible. I was trying to close my eyes and discover the answer. Then I got board and just picked one. It was right. I discovered if I didn't think but just acted on impulse My score was tremendously improved. I finished the test this way. Of course it's close to random, but the first half was miserable but I saved my score by not thinking about it. 28% for me.

Fun stuff.

Hi everyone! My name is Helen and I'm a psychology honours student at the University of Adelaide. I'm currently running a study on the psychology of paranormal belief. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. There are no prizes or rewards for participating, but if you are interested you can find it at:

We are aiming for the research to be published and it is likely that the findings could make a meaningful contribution to the field. If you have any questions please feel free to email me using the email provided on the study preamble. Thank you so much!

Can I provide some criticism?

I have a very high external locus of control including the ability not to predict the future but to select the future out of the potential. A random card generator on a pc doesn't represent the potential as it isn't actually random. Therefore I can't select the future out of it because no quantum state to select it from exists.

What happens if you believe there is no reality independant of the mind? That means no independant God, no independant matter, no independant energy, no intependant beings, no independant past, no independant present, no independant future, etc. The questions ask me if I have experience of or can influence things which exist independantly from me. I have power over my mind and that determines the foundations for the illusion mistaken for an external and independant reality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Helen.

I am a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, nevertheless I am interested in the topic (hence my involvement here) and clicked the link to your survey with the intention of undertaking it. Unfortunately, the ability to start the survey appears to no longer exist on the page linked to. Can I ask if the survey has now lapsed, because there was no information given as to what date the survey would be open until? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Please see below for research I am conducting on Out-of-Body Experiences until 9th November which I hope you will consider participating in.

Thanks,

Andrew

Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’?

Request for research participation

Researchers at Nottingham Trent University are conducting research on the content of Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs) using an online survey until 9th November 2014 (23:50 GMT). If you have had one or more OBEs follow the link below to the project webpage where the survey can be accessed, thanks –

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone :clap:

I am searching for people who have used a wide range of paranormal services including mediums, psychics, tarot, angel, spirit and rune cards as well as new age sevices such as crystal healers and reiki to take part in a research project on behalf of the University of Central Lancashire (Preston)

The questionnaire only takes 15 minutes to complete! I cannot describe how much I would appreciate as many people as possible filling this in for me over the next month! Here is the link to the study:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1919483/Use-of-Paranormal-and-New-Age-Services-Questionnaire

If you have any questions at all about the research please email me at ELLowrie@uclan.ac.uk!

Thankyou for your time in advance, again I appreciate it greatly!!

Emma

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I need as many people as possible to complete my study for my final year project.

Its on Extra Sensory Perception (Clairvoyant ability) in card selection task.

Everyone can participate so please share.

Many Thanks

https://derby.qualtr...3QWR7nxTrrD72cZ

Quick notes about the study:

Please allow about 20 minutes to complete the study

Your participant number is the last 3 letters of your first name followed by a / then last 3 numbers of your phone number.

You will be asked to predict the next card in the sequence 100 times in total (50 for Zener Cards and 50 for playing cards) - When selecting cards pick the first card that comes into your head, please don't over think.

When you select your card the page wont visually change so please don't be worried that it has frozen or not progressing because after 50 card selections it will automatically change to playing cards.

At the end of the study you will get your score that will reveal your possible psychic ability

Thanks again Sarah

• 3 months later...

Psychic hotline study: Volunteers needed for research study

Are you in recovery from using psychic htolines excessively? Recovery means trying to cut down or stopping. If so , I would love to hear about your expriences. The questionnaire is on the psychic junke website www.psychijunkie.net or available via emailing me directly. Anonymous and confidential. Any queries please meail Dr. Robin Shepherd at the University of Auckland for a confidential discusssion. Email: rm.shepherd@auckland.ac.nz

Thank you !

• 11 months later...

Iv had a few strange things happen to me while growing up, and my mother is definitely sensitive to psychic phenomena, what an interesting thread, il give some of the links a go :)

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone! 

I’m a third year student of Psychology with Criminology at University of East London currently working on a dissertation about the relationship between personality factors and paranormal belief.

I would like to invite you to take part in my study. It’s an online survey that will take approximately 15 minutes. To take part in this study you need to be at least 18 years old, there is no other requirements. You may believe in paranormal phenomena (such as ghosts, ufo, psychic abilities, extrasensory perception, etc.) or you may see yourself as a sceptic, it doesn’t really matter. I am looking for both believers and non-believers.

If you are interested in this study and would like to take part in it, please follow the anonymous link below for more information:

https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1B61YRZLxGX0vVb

If you got any questions you can post them here or e-mail me at u1315781@uel.ac.uk.

Thank you!

Gabriela Czerniawska

• 1 month later...

Your idea, Saru, is a good one as it may bring some rigor to the research. Might I also suggest that any pertinent materials related to the research also be posted or made available in some manner. This would include: the intent of the research and specifically the proposed questions to be researched; research methods used to include the participants; any institutional research board (IRB) related approvals to perform the research, and how the results of the research will be made available. Because students may be performing the research this approach encourages good research design and accountability while also informing the potential audience as to the intent and limitations of the research. This approach will also help discourage trolls and other scams.

• 1 year later...

I am a final year psychology student in the National University of Ireland, Galway. Currently, I am conducting research for my thesis and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me do so by filling out the survey at the link below. The study is related to the factors that influence sleep paralysis occurrence. You must be over 18 to participate and have prior experience of sleep paralysis. More information can be found by clicking on the link. I'd also really appreciate it if you could help spread the word and tell other suffers of sleep paralysis about my study. Thanks in advance! 

https://nuig-psychology.ie/index.php/399363?lang=en

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, EJH97 said:

I am a final year psychology student in the National University of Ireland, Galway. Currently, I am conducting research for my thesis and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me do so by filling out the survey at the link below. The study is related to the factors that influence sleep paralysis occurrence. You must be over 18 to participate and have prior experience of sleep paralysis. More information can be found by clicking on the link. I'd also really appreciate it if you could help spread the word and tell other suffers of sleep paralysis about my study. Thanks in advance! 

https://nuig-psychology.ie/index.php/399363?lang=en

Well, I am no longer a university student and I have never had sleep paralysis.  I hope you find some people to take your survey.

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I know it's always easy to quickly click messages away, but I would be really happy if you guys could take part in my Study.
As part of a dissertation and a research project of the Helmut Schmidt University (Hamburg, Germany), we would like to ask you some questions regarding the "Motivation for Body Modification".
It is not relevant whether you have some or not. Your answers will of course be handled anonymously to the highest standards and we can not draw any conclusions about your case.
Some of you might know the situation, that people still think in stereotypes and try to judge. Well nonetheless because of the current state of relevant studies still think in stereotypes.

Many of you might already know, body modifications have existed since 3000 BC. Starting with Ötzi, the man from the Tisenjoch. The number of piercings, tattoos and other changes to the body is steadily increasing, but what motivates people to consciously opt for a body modification?

We are trying to unify this in a survey and would be very happy if you would join the study.

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/CFA/

Of course, all data protection laws were complied with.
Please complete the questionnaire to the best of your knowledge and belief.

Thank you so much.

If you have any questions regarding the the secrecy feel free to contact me: weiler@hsu-hh.de

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KMStudie said:

Hi Everyone,

I know it's always easy to quickly click messages away, but I would be really happy if you guys could take part in my Study.
As part of a dissertation and a research project of the Helmut Schmidt University (Hamburg, Germany), we would like to ask you some questions regarding the "Motivation for Body Modification".
It is not relevant whether you have some or not. Your answers will of course be handled anonymously to the highest standards and we can not draw any conclusions about your case.
Some of you might know the situation, that people still think in stereotypes and try to judge. Well nonetheless because of the current state of relevant studies still think in stereotypes.

Many of you might already know, body modifications have existed since 3000 BC. Starting with Ötzi, the man from the Tisenjoch. The number of piercings, tattoos and other changes to the body is steadily increasing, but what motivates people to consciously opt for a body modification?

We are trying to unify this in a survey and would be very happy if you would join the study.

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/CFA/

Of course, all data protection laws were complied with.
Please complete the questionnaire to the best of your knowledge and belief.

Thank you so much.

If you have any questions regarding the the secrecy feel free to contact me: weiler@hsu-hh.de

Is this just for people of a certain age (college students)?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:21 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Is this just for people of a certain age (college students)?

I just went ahead and answered it.  I think it's a thread for everyone in the forum to be able to participate in the studies if they'd like to.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2014 at 4:03 PM, Saru said:

Now and again we are contacted by psychology students, researchers and other academics from a variety of universities looking for site visitors to take part in studies pertaining to paranormal beliefs, psychic phenomena, spirituality and other similar topics.

To this end I thought I'd set up a dedicated thread where these studies and their results can be posted for those who are interested in either participating themselves or in simply learning more about the projects and their findings.

That is awsome! I'm in, thanks!

On 8/27/2014 at 11:58 PM, helenb said:

Went to the site but says it is not found

On 12/9/2014 at 6:53 PM, Emma231 said:

Hi everyone :clap:

I am searching for people who have used a wide range of paranormal services including mediums, psychics, tarot, angel, spirit and rune cards as well as new age sevices such as crystal healers and reiki to take part in a research project on behalf of the University of Central Lancashire (Preston)

The questionnaire only takes 15 minutes to complete! I cannot describe how much I would appreciate as many people as possible filling this in for me over the next month! Here is the link to the study:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1919483/Use-of-Paranormal-and-New-Age-Services-Questionnaire

If you have any questions at all about the research please email me at ELLowrie@uclan.ac.uk!

Thankyou for your time in advance, again I appreciate it greatly!!

Emma

Wont work, Not accepting additions...