Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toddler swears after ice bucket challenge

seeder

Toddler becomes internet sensation after video of her swearing while doing the ice bucket challenge goes viral

Scarlett-Rose Davis, 3, begged grandparents to let her take part in craze

Video captures moment she blurts out '****ing hell' after challenge

Grandmother Carla Davis-Ball, said she 'could have died' at the outburst

A toddler has become an unlikely internet sensation after taking part in the Ice Bucket Challenge before promptly blurting out the F-word - much to the horror of her grandmother.

Three-year-old Scarlett-Rose Davis begged her grandparents to let her take part in the craze which is currently taking the world by storm in aid of motor neurone disease.

But grandmother Carla Davis-Ball, said she 'could have died' when the little girl blurted out '****ing hell' after tipping an icy bucket of water over her head - and the episode was all caught on camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736057/Toddler-internet-sensation-video-swearing-doing-ice-bucket-challenge-goes-viral.html#ixzz3BgWF2hJn

:lol:

The 'uncensored' vid is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byV0La-uezA

• Like 4

Cute is not exactly the word I am thinking of.

Yeah..she wanted to see what it was like and she found out that it wasn't that much fun but I doubt that this was the first time she used such language. I suspect that her adolescent parents use that language more than they think and their "precious" little girl is picking right up on it.

(Anyone notice the utter trash heap the kid is living in? The yard is full of garbage.)

I suppose most people would be all like "Aww..." but I guess seeing a little kid cuss like that ruins any cuteness.

Sorry....

Wonder if this girl will do this in school too if she gets upset.

• Like 4

Weird that a toddler like this requests the ice bucket. I also didn't even have that vocabulary even going by double her age. Something is wrong.

While I don't like the idea of a toddler knowing this kind of language, in the modern era of the media this doesn't surprise me although I'd have to say its most likely the little girl heard this from her parents. No different than others really. I had learned some bad words rather young myself and in fact at 5 or 6 years old used to steal my dads open beer when he wasn't looking.

That said, I find this utterly hysterical! I don't see why people are being so pretentious about it. Its NOTHING that hasn't happened before and does not make her parents bad people. The parents did the right thing by letting her know that what she said was wrong. Good grief people, loosen up your puckers! :w00t:

• Like 3

Despite the "media" and the "times" which many seem to like using as a scape goat for everything, it is her parents she learned this from. Posting this stuff for all to see really shows what sort of mentality these parents have.

Oh well..hope she learns not to do that again.

We are not being pretentious, we are just expressing a view that her parents knew she would probably have a foul mouth so they have to make a show of reprimanding her only so it makes them look like they are being responsible.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

I don't like foul language, never did. But that doesn't mean I haven't dropped the f bomb on occasion amongst others. My nieces, particularly the younger one were very quick studies and mimics. My father, their grandad was a typical croatian - swearing in croatian comes pretty readily, amongst one and all that I have ever encountered. Unfortunately therefore, they collected quite a few bad words as toddlers. That does not make my dad a bad person and he was never a bad parent, one of the best in fact and the gentlest most humble man I have ever known even to this day. Swearing doesn't make people bad on it's own and we shouldn't read more into this than a funny moment that toddler is going to grow out of, my nieces did, I did and my siblings did too.

• Like 1

Meh, words don't really offend me. I think swear words are given too much weight in society today. I thought it was pretty funny, I know my 5 and 6 year old niece/nephew asked their dad to do the ice bucket challenge after he did it.

• Like 1

Meh, words don't really offend me. I think swear words are given too much weight in society today.

Exactly my sentiments. The french-speaking Canadians in particular makes me laugh with their swear words. It's just church items. I keep pointing out they just raged at me with dry bread, a cup and a table. :)