Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you buy a haunted object?

dryrain

Recently I have seen supposedly haunted objects on Ebay. But I suspect they are nearly all fake as you see from the history of the user they regularly sell these items lol However I guess some people do genuinely believe they may have items which have some link to pat lives and spirits. Would you ever purchase such items?

• Like 2

No. I don't believe there are such things as haunted objects.

• Like 1

Well, haunted equals creepy in my mind.

Some years back, an old aunt of mine decided to clear out a lot of old stuff from a small room that was nestled under her house.

I was helping with the clean up, and she asked would I like to have this old fashioned portrait that was in a brown wooden frame.

It was a copied print of a lamb and a girl.

Apparently my aunt had found it years before in a cupboard in the house that the previous owners had left.

Anyway, I took it home, dusted it off and hung it in the hallway.

Long story short, this picture started to give me the creeps.

Everytime I passed it in the hall, I felt that the girls eye's were following and watching me lol..

It also gave other family members and friends the heeby jeebies. It wasn't long before I binned it, and I was glad to see the back of it.

So no...I probably wouldn't bring any old item into the house that I didn't get a good vibe from or know of it's history :-*

Below is the portrait ( print) of the Lamb and the Girl that I had in my hallway.

post-145910-0-88512500-1409310826_thumb.

• Like 3

Recently I have seen supposedly haunted objects on Ebay. But I suspect they are nearly all fake as you see from the history of the user they regularly sell these items lol However I guess some people do genuinely believe they may have items which have some link to pat lives and spirits. Would you ever purchase such items?

Pro tip: It's a marketing gimmick.

• Like 3

I thought ebay put an end to selling haunted items? I know they did for some other intangible stuff.

• Like 2

Well, haunted equals creepy in my mind.

Some years back, an old aunt of mine decided to clear out a lot of old stuff from a small room that was nestled under her house.

I was helping with the clean up, and she asked would I like to have this old fashioned portrait that was in a brown wooden frame.

It was a copied print of a lamb and a girl.

Apparently my aunt had found it years before in a cupboard in the house that the previous owners had left.

Anyway, I took it home, dusted it off and hung it in the hallway.

Long story short, this picture started to give me the creeps.

Everytime I passed it in the hall, I felt that the girls eye's were following and watching me lol..

It also gave other family members and friends the heeby jeebies. It wasn't long before I binned it, and I was glad to see the back of it.

So no...I probably wouldn't bring any old item into the house that I didn't get a good vibe from or know of it's history :-*

Below is the portrait ( print) of the Lamb and the Girl that I had in my hallway.

This painting reminds me of the drawing that Hannibal did for Clarice on "The Silence of the Lambs". Good flick.

• Like 3

I have a real ghost in a real jar. I'll happily take a hundred bucks for it.

• Like 2

I'm not big on ornaments so it would have to be a practical haunted item like a Hoover or a can opener...Even better if it works under its own volition.

• Like 1

I wouldn't evoke the Pele Curse. Everything I have from Hawaii was made in Japan.

Since i don't believe in such mumbo jumbo, yeah, i'd buy it regardless of the suggestion that it was haunted.

• Like 1

No. Most of my artwork that I have hanging is comic book related, I have a Silver Surfer statue of him on his surfboard to, sitting on the table. Then my girlfriend has her artwork.

Only if it came with a certificate of authentication and a years guarantee, If the ghost breaks within a year of me buying said haunted object I don't want to be shelling out on getting it fixed.

• Like 1

I would soo buy a haunted house though.

I believe in ghosts as a mechanism of stored/absorbed energy replayed via some combination of the existing human's brain interacting with a cycle which the material goes through that said 'ghost/recording' is recorded within, I would buy a haunted property so long as the apparent ghost is not particularly rowdy and demanding or intimidating. An object not so much since this supposedly encourages a visitation and intrigue that cannot be contained or traced easily such as a haunted property can be researched and scoped out, an object deems a spirit to have attached to the material significance thus is not so easily fenced off... how do ya know where the boundaries end, are you taking possession/responsibility for this attachment if you acquire such an object? A whole building is more easily handled in a psychological sense. Who knows what the mechanism is for apparent haunted objects on the recurrence and insistence of ghosts, I suppose is a part of a building can project the shades of deceased folks, then an object could operate on the same kinda mechanism. I don't even like mirrors at night so I cover them up lol though I don't believe in witches or shadow people or ghosts that regularly haunt who actually ARE dead and intelligent people, visitation I can fly with but I would not assume object-conjuring hauntings are intelligent either.

Just looking at that sent a chill down my spine. :P

I would consider it, they're not exactly easy to come by though!

Edited by Kaikou

Recently I have seen supposedly haunted objects on Ebay. But I suspect they are nearly all fake as you see from the history of the user they regularly sell these items lol However I guess some people do genuinely believe they may have items which have some link to pat lives and spirits. Would you ever purchase such items

It seems to me that anyone can take some random antique and try to sell it on Ebay thrice the price it's worth by claiming that it is ''haunted''. One thing I noticed is that very few seller offer a convicing explanation as to how they came to the conclusion that this particular object should be the cause of a haunting.

That said, I don't know if an object can actually retain some kind of ''memory'' of it's own so to speak, but perhaps it may not be impossible. I do not rule out the possiblity that mental properties and matter can somehow interact together. Panpsychism, one of the oldest philosophy, suggest that mind and matter are one and the same.

Famous psychologist Carl Jung once wrote:

"psyche and matter are contained in one and the same world, and moreover are in continuous contact with one another", and that it was probable that "psyche and matter are two different aspects of one and the same thing".

Source: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Panpsychism

Edited by sam_comm

I think I've seen too many insane movies about haunted dolls to ever buy one. I'm terrified of dolls because of that, so having one in my home wouldn't make for an easy night of sleep, haha.

That goes for any other haunted object as well. ;)