Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yeti footprint photos to go up for auction

UM-Bot

Eric Shipton's famous photographs of Himalayan Yeti footprints are expected to fetch up to £5000.

The images were taken in 1951 during an expedition in which the British explorer had been trekking at an altitude of 19,000ft across the Himalayas in an attempt to climb Mount Everest.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271611/yeti-footprint-photos-to-go-up-for-auction

Ah the 1950s, when taking pictures of snow with prints in them was the norm.

How far we have come. Now people holding cameras before their own faces is the norm.

I miss the pictures of snow.

• Like 1

Ah the 1950s, when taking pictures of snow with prints in them was the norm.

How far we have come. Now people holding cameras before their own faces is the norm.

I miss the pictures of snow.

In the 1950's we still wanted to learn from pictures. Now pictures are "All about me!", an exaggerated self-importance.
  • Like 2

The stride of this yeti seems to be extremely short. Maybe she was wearing a tight skirt.

The stride of this yeti seems to be extremely short. Maybe she was wearing a tight skirt.

The Yeti has a stride of 7 inches; its a fact.

Do people not know that footprints in ice thaw and refreeze in the sun, and expand during the process?

Is that something that the general population doesn't know?

• Like 1

Sorry but all I can say is that a fool and his money are easily parted..... :yes:

A big foot print is hardly anthropological proof of the existence of a yeti.

I paid $50 for Patty's "lookback" print and a test tube of dirt where she walked. eBay. Good deals

• 2 years later...

Just what I have been waiting for.  My special toaster that makes images of Jesus and the Virgin Mary is a bit overworked.  E-bay sales are flagging.  I got a little bump when I advertised them as Jerry Garcia and Joanie Mitchell.  I am switching to bigfoot trails right away.  There is still snow in the mountains, I could make a bunch.