Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Scientists find way to email brainwave

Still Waters

Brain-wave sensing machines have been used to 'telepathically' control everything from real-life helicopters to characters in a computer game. Now the technology has gone a step further by allowing someone in India to send an email to his colleague in France using nothing but the power of his mind.

http://www.punemirro...ow/41212332.cms

http://www.dailymail...rain-waves.html

• Like 1

You know another way to instantly send a thought from one person to another on the other side of the world?

A cell phone.

#uselesstechnology

Edited by The Black Ghost
  • Like 1

Oh boy, I can see the wheels turning in evil minds already.

• Like 1

As a kid, I used to wish I was born, say, 100-years in the future.

I'm not so sure now.

• Like 2

I can see this being combined with human genetic modifications in future, telepathy. If it doesn't exist already, but as mainstream and not "just" through string theory mechanics.

• Like 1

I've said it - since the movie eXistenZ; "-This is the future of gaming and interaction - mark my words." :)

A neural interface in your neck, and your off.

I was just thinking, will telepathic technology ever be invented and wouldnt ya know it here i am.

If computers can be hacked via emails, I am willing to bet brains can as well (By a method that is very much like email) seeing as our body is just a biological version of a computer.

First with "Skynet" style AI and now with telepathically sending messages. Humans are too smart for their own good and there will always be naive people who only look at this for the good possibilities and think "This would never be used for evil, it couldn't possibly be".

reseive advertismenet directly in your brain ;)

Hell no. I get enough of that with TV at work/home.

If computers can be hacked via emails, I am willing to bet brains can as well (By a method that is very much like email) seeing as our body is just a biological version of a computer.

First with "Skynet" style AI and now with telepathically sending messages. Humans are too smart for their own good and there will always be naive people who only look at this for the good possibilities and think "This would never be used for evil, it couldn't possibly be".

and people like you stops progress, without any risk there is nothing really to be gained in the first place and conserning he AI "Skynet" is nohing but a fiction and anything related with AI taking over the planet and killing of all humans.

and people like you stops progress, without any risk there is nothing really to be gained in the first place and conserning he AI "Skynet" is nohing but a fiction and anything related with AI taking over the planet and killing of all humans.

Some progress should be carefully looked at and slowed. Just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we should. Risks should always be evaluated.

It doesn't really matter what we think though. The military machine has no moral compass and the tech will be weaponized no matter what we say.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140903105646.htm

n a first-of-its-kind study, an international team of neuroscientists and robotics engineers have demonstrated the viability of direct brain-to-brain communication in humans. Recently published in PLOS ONE the highly novel findings describe the successful transmission of information via the internet between the intact scalps of two human subjects -- located 5,000 miles apart.

"We wanted to find out if one could communicate directly between two people by reading out the brain activity from one person and injecting brain activity into the second person, and do so across great physical distances by leveraging existing communication pathways," explains coauthor Alvaro Pascual-Leone, MD, PhD, Director of the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. "One such pathway is, of course, the internet, so our question became, 'Could we develop an experiment that would bypass the talking or typing part of internet and establish direct brain-to-brain communication between subjects located far away from each other in India and France?'"

It turned out the answer was "yes."

Some progress should be carefully looked at and slowed. Just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we should. Risks should always be evaluated.

It doesn't really matter what we think though. The military machine has no moral compass and the tech will be weaponized no matter what we say.

because AI becomes weaponized doesn't mean it'll kill everyone it sees, there will be security as not to harm civilians and kill terrorists and that.

and just because their building it doesn't mean they didn't evaluate the risks, every reserch done on the planet evaluates the pros and cons (well most of them atleast)

and just because you people want to slow progress because your small intelligence can't actually comprehend what an AI could actually benefit us.

an AI could improve our lives, make it secure, help scientific progress and limitless other applications beside weaponized.

and AI just because it's intelligent doesn't mean it is sentient, and it does certainly have no reason to kill us, if we destroy the planet and it becomes inhabitable it it wouldn't really bother the AI because it's not organic and it could live without atmosphere.

"Just because we can doesn't mean we should."

This could go wring in so many ways it's not even funny. :(