Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cameron faces Ukip by-election bloodbath

keithisco

We can but hope,,,

Ukip are set to win their first Commons seat with a landslide 64 per cent of the vote following the biggest swing in modern political history.

Turncoat MP Douglas Carswell is set to humiliate David Cameron at the Clacton by-election sparked by his defection, a Survation poll for The Mail on Sunday has revealed.

The figures – the first test of public opinion since the politician rocked Westminster by defecting to Nigel Farage’s party – predict a record 48 point swing towards Ukip

Source (Daily Mail.co.uk): http://www.dailymail...ead-Tories.html

Edited by keithisco

actually nevermind I dont think im reading this right. dam U.K politics

Edited by spartan max2

The Westminster clique have stopped listening,they are in it for their own ends.

I'm all for new laws that enable the electorate to remove MP's if they don't do the job they were elected for.

I hope Douglas Carswell gives Cameron a good drubbing.Hopefully a foot in Westminster's door for UKIP.

Edited by shaddow134

The Westminster clique have stopped listening,they are in it for their own ends.

I'm all for new laws that enable the electorate to remove MP's if they don't do the job they were elected for.

I hope Douglas Carswell gives Cameron a good drubbing.Hopefully a foot in Westminster's door for UKIP.

Emphasis (mine): Cameron has decided to shelve this particular part of the Queen's speech... no surprise there then :td:

Emphasis (mine): Cameron has decided to shelve this particular part of the Queen's speech... no surprise there then :td:

Nothing surprises me anymore,as far as I'm concerned they all sit in the same bars doing their dirty deals......

• Like 1

by all accounts Douglas Carswell is a capable MP. in fact he's one of those MP's who should be on the front bench running a government department. but is left to serve out his political career on the backbenches for being out spoken and not toeing the government line. make no mistake about it. Douglas Carswell defection is a blow to the Tory party. there are another three back bench heavyweights who could defect to UKIP. if they did, your talking of having a guaranteed four UKIP MP's and possibly more at the next election.

This is also a worrying time for Nigel Farage, Douglas Carswell is a capable politician, If he wins the by-election. he becomes UKIP's first MP. he'll be their main man in Parliament. which i think will see him running for Party leader. but the crucial part is the by-Election, if he wins that, other MP's will follow him to UKIP. and then we have a credible front bench who if the polls are right could hold the balance of power in the next election. the "king makers"

Edited by stevewinn