Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey showers people with stolen banknotes

Still Waters

A monkey in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh has rained down banknotes on people, reports say.

Surprised holidaymakers in the scenic pine forest of Shimla, the state capital, ran around, collecting the falling notes for nearly an hour on Sunday, eyewitnesses said.

Reports said the simian stole 10,000 rupees ($165; £100) from a nearby home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-29028205

• Like 2

My family's motto has always been "never invite a monkey into your home; unless you intend to BBQ it for dinner".

And I have to say, no monkey thief has gotten the best of any member of my extended family.

10000 rupees that sounds like a word for drugs instead of a word for money and why is all foreign money so high when the number is shown but it ends up being a small amount if its only 165 why not just say that its like they want to sound rich or something and that monkey was probably watching everybody run for the money falling down thinking it was funny to see them chase it

Mikenator, I hope you are very young. Le sigh.

So, the owner hasn't heard of screens or leaves his doors open and leaves larrge sums of cash laying around. He deserves what happenede.

Monkey to fellow monkeys:

Hey guys check out how these hairless big monkeys run around like lunatics if I throw a bunch of flattened dead tree bark around ....

• Like 1

What calibre banana did he use in the holdup? I hate it when reporters leave out important details, or should that be de tails?

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

I will own my own thieving monkey one day.

• Like 1