Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seventeen teenagers are still being sought after more than 30 held at a juvenile detention centre in Tennessee escaped by crawling through a fence.

They escaped late Monday evening from the Woodland Hills Youth Development Center in Nashville.

Two were caught immediately. Local police and the Tennessee Highway Patrol were searching for the rest on Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-29034677

• Like 2

I hope they catch the rest of 'em. And I do hope security is buffed up afterwards. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

There was a time when this would be a yawner of a news item but the "kids" in lockup these days can be some seriously dangerous types. Have no idea whether these meet that description or not, just saying' :unsure2:

How come you lock up kids in the first place?

The usual reasons - murder, mass theft, being Black in public....

• Like 2

Well, the facility is for 13-18 year olds. And according to the news, all of the escapees have multiple felonies. So I guess the logic is to lock up people that commit felonies, even if they are under 18.

• Like 2

I wonder if this facility is in any way connected to the Pennsylvania judge who was eventually convicted for sending youngsters off to a particular facility that he was invested in?

I wonder if this facility is in any way connected to the Pennsylvania judge who was eventually convicted for sending youngsters off to a particular facility that he was invested in?

Don't you usually serve time in the state where the crime was committed?

Dozens of teens were restrained at a Tennessee juvenile detention center following a revolt, days after 32 juveniles broke out of the same facility, authorities said.

The teens started filtering out of the dorm at Woodland Hills Youth Development Center in Nashville at 11:10 p.m. local time Wednesday, kicking out metal panels under the windows, according to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services. That same method was employed Monday, when teens slipping out under a weak spot in the perimeter fence, authorities said.

https://gma.yahoo.com/teens-revolt-disruption-tennessee-juvenile-center-112036450--abc-news-topstories.html

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they better need to escape back-in before their diapers need to be changed. :w00t:

Because they cause significant problems towards common citizens if just left-alone in public.

Step 1. Do crime as kid.

Step 2. Get caught.

Step 3. Sit in a room doing nothing for a few years so you learn it's stupid to get caught.

Never fails.