Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IS behead US hostage Steven Sotloff

seeder

I was just reading the comment section on a cnn article about this.

This is what one viewer, going by the name of nukenads had to say:

You want to get real!

Let this countries armed service people take off the velvet gloves and run a war military style. Take the politicians out of the equation and unleash 21st century hell on these terrorist **** ******s.

Of course, I realize a broader sophisticated strategy has to be employed(which of course includes hard-ball military action) but to me his comment reflects the total disgust we share over ISIS/ISIL.

• Like 1

Anybody else take a close look at the video? It shows the blade going across the throat multiple times with no drop of blood and then fades to black. It was the same with the James Foley video, no blood coming from the throat and fade to black. These beheading videos seem so different than the handful I've seen in the past.

I know and I'm not saying don't report it, but I will say don't glorify it, don't force feed it to us.

How many headlines about things just as horrible or even worse by some measure, executing 300 POW's, mandatory female circumcision, mass beheadings and crucifixions of non-Americans are headlines for weeks at a time? Don't make them such a mass center of attention.

To me it seems like a tool to make people fear and beg to be protected. And you know what begging to be protected gets you? higher security in exchange for tax dollars which they are happy to spend on our behalf, pouring money into the military industrial complex which give corporations more money and governments more power and bigger budgets (they get aroused just thinking about it)

Exactly. That's what this whole "IS is a great unstoppable, almost mystical force that the civilised world has no defense against" is all about, of course.

I read ISIS has a American women hostage and she could be next , can`nt they send some special forces in there to recuse our people?

http://www.nbcnews.c...ces-say-n189496

By all means, but we have to find her, and other hostages precise location(s)

With that info, yes, the President has made clear that Special Op's will be deployed for rescue.

Again... their location must be reasonably confirmed, and that's difficult, as hostages are often kept in total secrecy and/or moved about to avoid rescue.

And that is happening. Right now, ISIS and Putin are "happening". They are showing strength. That draws people to their side. That is what this POTUS lacks. Airstrikes and excuses do not exhibit confidence.

In this case, they are not. They are well organized and backed. Europe can't stand up to Putin, how are they going to stand up to ISIS? American Exceptionalism is retreating from the world stage as led by this President.

yay, now ol' Vlad the Impaler as been brought into the mix, Anyone want to bet on how soon "evidence" will appear proving that he supports IS? Or even better, that he and Assad have been collaborating to support IS (despite the fact that IS is one of the latter's biggest opponents)? Three birds with one stone for the neocons!!

I don't think it makes any difference to ISIS if one is Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, or Sunni Muslim...they're going to behead all American infidels they can get their hands on.

But why do it in such a public manner ? I can't help but feel that these video's where aimed squarly at the Western public. (and politicians). It's as though the IS actually WANTS a massive retaliation attack.

And perhaps they do. If the USA (or anyone else) goes in with huge ariel bombardement attacks, then innocent civilians are going to die. Do that a few times, and suddenly ISIS will be able to present itself as the champion of the Islamic oppressed against the 'crusader' America.

In other words, bombing attacks could swing local opinion against the West, and into the hands of the IS. And perhaps THAT is IS's intention and purpose ?

• Like 1

They just keep winning grounds over the Bashar Al-Assad regime despite aistrikes and groundfire, ISIL just recently captured the province of Raqqa in Syria and now is about to take over the province of Dil Al Zour. As fur thugs I certainly agree, but the ''disorganised bunch of military inept'' does not seem accurate to me when you take a look at what's going on there.

Jeffrey White, a defense fellow from the Washington Institute points out:

''White said ISIL demonstrated its ability to conduct broad military operations within a “well-conceived strategy.” He said full control of Raqqa would enable ISIL to expand its control throughout northern Syria, including Aleppo.''

Source: http://www.worldtrib...t-defeat-assad/

Probably helped by the fact that Assad's strength has been weakened by several years of conflict, openly encouraged by the west, who indeed were actively plotting military action against him this time a year ago. The West really can't keep insisting that these happen in vacuums of pure evil and nothing they have ever done has anything to do with it,

But why do it in such a public manner ? I can't help but feel that these video's where aimed squarly at the Western public. (and politicians). It's as though the IS actually WANTS a massive retaliation attack.

And perhaps they do. If the USA (or anyone else) goes in with huge ariel bombardement attacks, then innocent civilians are going to die. Do that a few times, and suddenly ISIS will be able to present itself as the champion of the Islamic oppressed against the 'crusader' America.

In other words, bombing attacks could swing local opinion against the West, and into the hands of the IS. And perhaps THAT is IS's intention and purpose ?

Possibly, but I doubt it.

Because if we do absolutely nothing, ISIS will continue to grow in strength and territory, with an eye on global domination. THAT is their intent and purpose.

They must be stopped, regardless of the unfortunate occasional collateral civilian damage that is common in any complex large-scale military engagement.

I think RG could well have a point*. They might indeed want to provoke retaliatory action, and try to generate antipathy towards the Great Satan and support for themselves. They might well want to promote themselves as defending their homeland against military aggression, like the insurgents in Iraq (who some of them might well have been). or they might want people to believe that they're completely irrational, utterly fanatical and completely insane, and so convince people that they've no chance of standing up to them.

* yes, i'm agreeing with him again! :santa:

I think RG could well have a point*. They might indeed want to provoke retaliatory action, and try to generate antipathy towards the Great Satan and support for themselves. They might well want to promote themselves as defending their homeland against military aggression, like the insurgents in Iraq (who some of them might well have been). or they might want people to believe that they're completely irrational, utterly fanatical and completely insane, and so convince people that they've no chance of standing up to them.

* yes, i'm agreeing with him again! :santa:

Problem is, that type of strategy from them, if it even exists, just won't work at all. Maybe to a few, but certainly not to the majority populace that is, as we speak, praying that the U.S., U.K and others strongly intervene to get rid of this cancer.

So no, I do not see this as their intent at all.

Keep in mind that psycho's such as ISIS may be intelligently well-coordinated, but their brutal narcissism actually makes them quite stupid.

In short, their continued actions will cause their own destruction by the international community. And they can't even fathom that on a mature level.

• Like 1

Well Remember North Korea threatening everyone on thier national TV? Well instead of doing nothing IS takes it one step ahead. Just attention seeking

• Like 1

Consider that the brutality from ISIS is not just in the form of the publicized beheading of the 2 Americans.

They have brutally killed, or raped and sold as sexual slaves many thousands of innocents.

They are an extremely dangerous radical Islamic terrorist organization, the likes of which I have not seen since al-Qaeda.

Edited by pallidin

One of their stated goals is to manufacture or otherwise obtain bioweapons and such, to be used against all "infidels" around the entire world.

They are, without a doubt, a nasty, insidious cockroach that needs to be stamped-out.

Consider that the brutality from ISIS is not just in the form of the publicized beheading of the 2 Americans.

They have brutally killed, or raped and sold as sexual slaves many thousands of innocents.

They are an extremely dangerous radical Islamic terrorist organization, the likes of which I have not seen since al-Qaeda.

And there you have it. What happened to the global menace of the network of evil the like of which the world had never seen? After their supposed mastermind and Most Evil Man in the World was publicly assassinated, they went rather limp, didn't they. Perhaps the same needs to be done to ol' Big Daddy Bagdadi to puncture the legend of invincibility of IS.

• Like 2

And there you have it. What happened to the global menace of the network of evil the like of which the world had never seen? After their supposed mastermind and Most Evil Man in the World™ was publicly assassinated, they went rather limp, didn't they. Perhaps the same needs to be done to ol' Big Daddy Bagdadi to puncture the legend of invincibility of IS™.

Indeed, let's do it. The sooner the better.

ISIS/ISIL is seriously ticking-off America.

Video from training during the Iraq war, but nonetheless relevant...

From ACDC... "Thunderstruck"

Edited by pallidin

Obama can't afford to send in troops and neither should the west, unless for humanitarian reasons such as what happened with the Yazidis Alternatively, they would be playing into the hands of ISIS who would love to fight a guerilla war against the biggest infidels . Imagine every time they captured a prisoner (and they would eventually)? They'd have more video shoots on display than Hollywood.

The US has enough intelligence to pick them apart in the open with their drones and bombers. All they need to do is intensify their strikes and let the Kurds do the rest. Game over.

ISIS has publically stated that they will behead infidels (anyone not Shiite Muslim) as they see fit.

ISIS are Sunni's not Shiites. You've got it the other way around.

ISIS has managed to tick-off the entire civilized international community.

You are in for a world of hurt.

America should nt have to go it alone, Obama should start rounding up a coalition, even of some of the Islam states or countries to defeat these monsters.

• Like 1

America should nt have to go it alone, Obama should start rounding up a coalition, even of some of the Islam states or countries to defeat these monsters.

Kerry Calls for Global Coalition to Fight Islamic State

http://www.voanews.com/content/kerry-calls-for-global-coalition-to-fight-islamic-terrorists/2433122.html

Possibly, but I doubt it.

Because if we do absolutely nothing, ISIS will continue to grow in strength and territory, with an eye on global domination. THAT is their intent and purpose.

They must be stopped, regardless of the unfortunate occasional collateral civilian damage that is common in any complex large-scale military engagement.

LOL. P.L.E.A.S.E. They are fanatics, yes. By no means a world threat. That's laughable to say the least. They've won battles against an inexistent Iraqi army and a country in disarray (Syria) thanks to a mixture of fanaticism, support and friendly "donations" from Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern Sunni "allies". Your reaction to the beheading is exactly what their Islamic clerics and leaders want.

• Like 2