Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IS behead US hostage Steven Sotloff

seeder

Uh-oh. :unsure2:

Not once, in all his time as a hostage, did anyone EVER mention this. His executioner sure as heck didn't mention this and very likely had no idea - so why does it mean something now?

Not once, in all his time as a hostage, did anyone EVER mention this. His executioner sure as heck didn't mention this and very likely had no idea - so why does it mean something now?

His citizenship was deliberately censored in order to protect him, as IS would have killed him out of hand if they knew he was jewish.

Why does it matter now ?

Well, Israel doesn't exactly have a reputation for sitting back and allowing its citizens to be killed. The phrase "Retribution" springs to mind.

Edited by RoofGardener

His citizenship was deliberately censored in order to protect him, as IS would have killed him out of hand if they knew he was jewish.

Surely it wouldn't take an Albert Einstein to work that out with a name like Sotloff..?

That could just be a pose for the cameras - a tourist shot, in a totally benign environment. He is clearly hamming it up the way he is smiling and has positioned himself.

The rest is just the "any kind of story can be added to this picture" type fare.

• Like 1

I think this could be a little example of how psychology can be used as a weapon against the 'ememy'.....

ie. us from the perspective of supporters of the 'IS'...

To try and cause confusion and doubt...to weaken resolve...to muddy the waters...

As suggested by IibstaK...it could be a pose in a different environment....

But I am more inclined to think it is a little contribution to online psychological warfare and that it is a photoshopped image....

Or it is just inappropriate (photo shopped) mischief.....

Edited by bee

Who was IS encouraged by, when they were the Rebels against the great ogre of the day, Mr. Assad?

Allah....?

:innocent:

NO NO NO! You MUST pay closer attention Bee! ALL dark and nefarious happenings the world over are begun by secret cabals in the west. Everyone else is just an innocent victim. To be sure it IS a strange world view isn't it?
  • Like 1

NO NO NO! You MUST pay closer attention Bee! ALL dark and nefarious happenings the world over are begun by secret cabals in the west. Everyone else is just an innocent victim. To be sure it IS a strange world view isn't it?

sorry I forgot..... ^_^

• Like 1

I will only briefly mention that pos ISIS at the end of my post because I do not want to waste time on those scumbags. Steven and James deserve our attention. I hope you rest in peace Steven. You and James never had coming to you what was done. You brought to the world the attention of the barbarism that was Assad and then ISIS. You tried to make the world see that innocent men and women were suffering at the hands of these evil doers. You will never be forgotten and shall live in the hearts of all peace loving people around the world. Both of you had good hearts. God bless both of you. We will bring those people who did this to justice. What is most tragic is that you had to die for the world to see what you were trying to tell us the entire time. This group is the most brutal organization in existence and must be eliminated.

I heard an expert say that Al Qaeda was a bigger threat to the U.S. than ISIS. Short term that is correct but if ISIS establishes their caliphate, folks we are looking at World War 3. They will have a massive population at their disposal to bring forth their evil, brutal scheme. We must break this group apart, piece by piece. I do not even want us to take prisoners.

Edited by Thelaw1
  • Like 2

I will only briefly mention that pos ISIS at the end of my post because I do not want to waste time on those scumbags. Steven and James deserve our attention. I hope you rest in peace Steven. You and James never had coming to you what was done. You brought to the world the attention of the barbarism that was Assad and then ISIS. You tried to make the world see that innocent men and women were suffering at the hands of these evil doers. You will never be forgotten and shall live in the hearts of all peace loving people around the world. Both of you had good hearts. God bless both of you. We will bring those people who did this to justice. What is most tragic is that you had to die for the world to see what you were trying to tell us the entire time. This group is the most brutal organization in existence and must be eliminated.

I heard an expert say that Al Qaeda was a bigger threat to the U.S. than ISIS. Short term that is correct but if ISIS establishes their caliphate, folks we are looking at World War 3. They will have a massive population at their disposal to bring forth their evil, brutal scheme. We must break this group apart, piece by piece. I do not even want us to take prisoners.

I agree that taking prisoners in this conflict could be counter productive. No minds or hearts will be changed. 70 years ago we destroyed the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese armies because we HAD to. The same situation exists today and if we do not fight with all we have then our way of life will be ended and a darkness will descend. Those who roll their eyes at such words are clueless IMO.
  • Like 1

Oh do me a favour, have you seriously forgotten the clamouring for action against the ogre Assad this time a year ago, or did you really believe all that nonsense about only helping the "Good rebels" (the ones who wear the white hats for easy identification)? I can't believe you're that gullible. If you really do believe that, then I'm sure not the one with the strange world view. Edited by Admiral Rhubarb
  • Like 2

The same goes for you, bee, you're either being very naive or disingenuous.

I agree that taking prisoners in this conflict could be counter productive. No minds or hearts will be changed. 70 years ago we destroyed the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese armies because we HAD to. The same situation exists today and if we do not fight with all we have then our way of life will be ended and a darkness will descend. Those who roll their eyes at such words are clueless IMO.

Lead the charge bud. Sign up. Grab a rifle and go get them. Kill them all as you say with the taking no prisoners comment. Whats stopping you? If this mission is what you desire go do it. Put your money where your mouth is.

• Like 2

The same goes for you, bee, you're either being very naive or disingenuous.

I was joining in with a little joke.....you know...haha...

jeeezus you are really on my case just lately....

I'm sorry Bee, I meant ingenious. :innocent:

Oh do me a favour, have you seriously forgotten the clamouring for action against the ogre Assad this time a year ago, or did you really believe all that nonsense about only helping the "Good rebels" (the ones who wear the white hats for easy identification)? I can't believe you're that gullible. If you really do believe that, then I'm sure not the one with the strange world view.

Nearly every comment you make on the topic makes it very clear that you do not believe the threats are real or if real, serious enough to warrant the current rhetoric. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it as are we all. I believe when so many countries join together in concern over this issue that they might just know a little more than one wee disgruntled sailor. But it fits your m.o. down to the ground so carry on! I'm one who was at first horrified by what Assad was doing but don't recall screaming for US troops to be dispatched - primarily because any winner would still be our enemy. The dead journos knew their risks and stayed. This organization - and it IS an organization, not some ragtag, is growing daily. It's well led and well funded and has an influx of westerners who can return home to raise merry hell in the UK, US and other European countries. At what point DO you think one ought get a bit concerned?

Lead the charge bud. Sign up. Grab a rifle and go get them. Kill them all as you say with the taking no prisoners comment. Whats stopping you? If this mission is what you desire go do it. Put your money where your mouth is.

YOU said the rabid BS about killing them all, twit. Hating me is your choice but please don't put words in my mouth. If you are like the sailor and think this little problem is just a concoction of the nefarious western ptb then wait awhile and we'll see. But I suspect you'll be needing some artful use of the language to lie your way out of it later. As to the personal challenge of my manhood, my guess is that you'd flee the country before responding to conscription. :w00t:
  • Like 1

Well this is interesting. There are so many threads already I don't want to start another one and it is related to the hostage beheadings anyway.

Was Belgium Shooting Suspect Hostages Captor?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/06/world/europe/france-syria-hostages-nemmouche/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A suspected jihadist accused of a deadly shooting at Belgium's Jewish Museum also guarded Western hostages while fighting with ISIS in Syria, according to a French journalist and former captive.

Nicolas Henin -- who was released in April from captivity in Syria -- told reporters Saturday that suspect Mehdi Nemmouche not only was one of his captors, but that he tortured and beat those in his charge.

A couple of things that stand out for me.

- The French Journalist and Foley were held together for a significant period of time.

- The French Journalist identifies the suspect as having tortured him.

- He does not know for sure who tortured Foley but it follows that the same guy would be involved.

- This is a returned Jihadist who shot 4 people at a Jewish Museum.

I hope we can get some good intel from this guy and surely with the 4 freed French Hostages we can get some insight into where and how hostages are being held.

• Like 1

Nearly every comment you make on the topic makes it very clear that you do not believe the threats are real or if real, serious enough to warrant the current rhetoric. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it as are we all. I believe when so many countries join together in concern over this issue that they might just know a little more than one wee disgruntled sailor. But it fits your m.o. down to the ground so carry on! I'm one who was at first horrified by what Assad was doing but don't recall screaming for US troops to be dispatched - primarily because any winner would still be our enemy. The dead journos knew their risks and stayed. This organization - and it IS an organization, not some ragtag, is growing daily. It's well led and well funded and has an influx of westerners who can return home to raise merry hell in the UK, US and other European countries. At what point DO you think one ought get a bit concerned?YOU said the rabid BS about killing them all, twit. Hating me is your choice but please don't put words in my mouth. If you are like the sailor and think this little problem is just a concoction of the nefarious western ptb then wait awhile and we'll see. But I suspect you'll be needing some artful use of the language to lie your way out of it later. As to the personal challenge of my manhood, my guess is that you'd flee the country before responding to conscription. :w00t:

I'm starting to suspect that you believe in the Christian version of Jihad as much as those Islamic fanatics. Only difference is you don't look forward to martyrdom.

• Like 3

Why does it matter now ?

Well, Israel doesn't exactly have a reputation for sitting back and allowing its citizens to be killed. The phrase "Retribution" springs to mind.

Uh huh. I agree. :-*

To me, it is a question of "when", not "if". This is going to be interesting.

It'll be the first time in a long time I'll be cheering for the Israeli bombs to drop.