Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IS behead US hostage Steven Sotloff

seeder

To be bluntly honest, I really don't care why ISIS has chosen this path. Oh, it's good to know the history behind the mess in the region, to try and not make the same mistakes we made in the past, to be understanding of the culture of the people, to try and take actions that will actually help everyone concerned. But, I don't care about how ISIS *feels* or what ISIS *wants*. When ISIS started killing people based on choice of faith, when ISIS proclaimed they were going to cleanse the world of those who don't believe as they do, at that point ISIS forfeited their right to exist. This is how I see it anyway.

I have absolutely no doubt this is happening. And the world is alarmed, and should be. And it just amazes me, the prejudice of the West.

When Euro Jews went into Palestine, particularly after WWII by the good graces of Westerners, they too, cleansed the land of Muslims that they were claiming for their Jewish Calipahte, Israel. And the West congratulated them for their effort. Gave them money and bombs, too, to help them hold off the ensuing intifada.

A little food for thought.

• Like 2

I'm not saying negotiate with them, I'm saying be a sight more ruthless with them than Pres. O seems to want to be, but be aware of where they came from and the circumstances that allowed them to get the power they have, so perhaps one day we might actually learn something from history and if we have to do these things, do them properly so the circumstances won't arise again.

Thanks for the clarification and I concur fully.

I have absolutely no doubt this is happening. And the world is alarmed, and should be. And it just amazes me, the prejudice of the West.

When Euro Jews went into Palestine, particularly after WWII by the good graces of Westerners, they too, cleansed the land of Muslims that they were claiming for their Jewish Calipahte, Israel. And the West congratulated them for their effort. Gave them money and bombs, too, to help them hold off the ensuing intifada.

BS.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Of course those animals are killing innocent people for selfish reasons. How Prejudice from the west comes into play there is bewildering though. The West certainly did not influence these twisted sicko's to slaughter innocents for personal gain, the Koran did.

Ohh you come up with some wild claims and no backing don't you? Do you even know what a link is Earl? How did they cleanse the land of Muslims when there are so many here and now? Did Not cleanse very well did they? And what the hell has that got to do with ISIS anyway? And the current situation?

You need to change your diet.

• Like 1

[/size]

Of course those animals are killing innocent people for selfish reasons. How Prejudice from the west comes into play there is bewildering though. The West certainly did not influence these twisted sicko's to slaughter innocents for personal gain, the Koran did.

Ohh you come up with some wild claims and no backing don't you? Do you even know what a link is Earl? How did they cleanse the land of Muslims when there are so many here and now? Did Not cleanse very well did they? And what the hell has that got to do with ISIS anyway? And the current situation?

You need to change your diet.

I've backed it up in these ME threads on many an occasion. It gets tiresome. But it is true.

Starting in 1946, 4 Jewish terrorist groups expunged 700,000 Muslim Palestinians (not christian or Jewish) from over 400 villages and towns in Mandated Palestine.

This created a humanitarian crisis of such large proportions for the neighboring countries, they came in to stop the carnage. That is what Israel called their "war of Independence"

sorry to disappoint you about your people from the "religion of peace"

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

I've backed it up in these ME threads on many an occasion. It gets tiresome. But it is true.

Starting in 1946, 4 Jewish terrorist groups expunged 700,000 Muslim Palestinians (not christian or Jewish) from over 400 villages and towns in Mandated Palestine.

This created a humanitarian crisis of such large proportions for the neighboring countries, they came in to stop the carnage. That is what Israel called their "war of Independence"

What the hell has the 1947 civil war got to do with an American Jouro being slaughtered in cold blood? A man with an English Accent murdered him.

sorry to disappoint you about your people from the "religion of peace"

Religion of peace? Are you drunk or something?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

The chronology of Isiaiah is quite interesting .. The first verse of the Book of Isaiah states that Isaiah prophesied during the reigns of Uzziah (or Azariah), Jotham, Ahaz, andHezekiah, the kings of Judah. Uzziah's reign was 52 years in the middle of the 8th century BC, and Isaiah must have begun his ministry a few years before Uzziah's death, probably in the 740s BC. Isaiah lived until the fourteenth year of Hezekiah's reign (who died 698 BC), and may have been contemporary for some years with Manasseh. Thus Isaiah may have prophesied for as long as 64 years.

So maybe he was using contemporary events to make a statement (like using the fall of Damascus as a contemporary reference or a rhetorical point to make his point, rather like the references by Jesus to the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem may have been added by the writers after the date to reinforce their point (I'm sorry if this is a heretical suggestion).

Now it makes perfect sense how that verse is related to history.Thanks for clearing it Valdemar.

And congratulation on the promotion

• Like 1

So Damascus stopped being habitable by anything but sheep in 732? I must have missed that... Oh, and the concept of "corrupted" scriptures coming from those who pick and choose what is to be believed based on WHEN it was written - later verses being acceptable to "replace" earlier verses in the Qur'an, I find... amusing to say the least.

Yep it seems you missed that.Don't forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki was habitated by people after being nuked.

Now it makes perfect sense how that verse is related to history.Thanks for clearing it Valdemar.

And congratulation on the promotion

I too, am extremely thankfull to offer my grandiose gratitute and utmost respect and honor in regards to the promotion as well.

Well done.

Edited by acidhead

Yep it seems you missed that.Don't forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki was habitated by people after being nuked.

I didn't write the prophecy jeem. I do believe it though. As to the uninhabitable verse - there's a little town in Ukraine called Pripyat where Chernobyl occurred. I think there are a handful of people who still refuse to leave so you have a good point there. But my point here is that IF this event occurs, will you consider bible prophecy valid at that point? My guess is that most who disbelieve will continue to do so, no matter what proofs might occur. Jesus told his disciples that he was telling them things that would happen - in advance - so that when they occurred, it would be easier for them to believe. I think that the closer we get to the resolution of this age of the world, the more "proofs" are going to be offered to people. It isn't a game of "gotcha". It's about a loving God who wants all to be saved from death.

As to the uninhabitable verse - there's a little town in Ukraine called Pripyat where Chernobyl occurred. I think there are a handful of people who still refuse to leave so you have a good point there.

Wouldn't anyone who refused to leave be dead? The area near the reactor might come down to safe levels in about 500 or 600 years.

Sorry, Off Topic, but quite caught my eye. Never heard that claim before.

Wouldn't anyone who refused to leave be dead? The area near the reactor might come down to safe levels in about 500 or 600 years.

Sorry, Off Topic, but quite caught my eye. Never heard that claim before.

Nope. Wild animals are thriving in the area around the reactor in Ukraine.

But they are not what we would call healthful.

LOL. I know I wouldn't eat one. They are probably thriving because of the absence of people.
  • Like 1

[/size]

What the hell has the 1947 civil war got to do with an American Jouro being slaughtered in cold blood? A man with an English Accent murdered him.

I see you are having a hard time keeping up, snooky. Let's try again.

I said: "When Euro Jews went into Palestine, particularly after WWII by the good graces of Westerners, they too, cleansed the land of Muslims that they were claiming for their Jewish Calipahte, Israel. And the West congratulated them for their effort. Gave them money and bombs, too, to help them hold off the ensuing intifada."

you said that I should provide links to back it up. Can you recall, Psyche? Yeh, you really did. Go back and read the thread through.

Religion of peace? Are you drunk or something?

Sorry, Psyche. Between this and your UFO thread escapades, I really can't take you seriously as a poster any more.

Well this is just plain aggravating, this guy has not even been questioned about Stephen Sotloff's abduction - how can we have faith that anyone has the capacity to find the captives when they are this bleeding slack about basic witness interviews?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/16/world/steven-sotloff-fixer-isis-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

• Like 3

Ironic that we should see claims the Jews tried to cleanse the Muslims out. It was the Muslim states that attacked the new legally established state of Israel, intending to force the Jews out. I understand it full well if there are Israelis who hate Islam.

• Like 2

Oh no, this hasn't gone onto the Jews and the Palis yet again, has it.

• Like 1

Understanding Terror Networks has been widely lauded for debunking the stereotypes of terrorists as “poor, desperate, naïve single young men from third world countries, vulnerable to brainwashing and recruitment into terror” (69). Many readers have marveled at Sageman’s ability to make insightful observations derived solely from research in open sources. For this reason alone, most reviewers have been recommending his book as an essential read. Before Studies in Intelligence recipients jump on the bandwagon, however, they are advised to proceed with caution.

link

From Washington and Paris to Tehran and Damascus, it seems everyone agrees on the growing need to fight "terrorism". What exactly the word means is another matter entirely. For the United States and its partners in the West, there is no doubt the Islamic State militants who have seized swathes of Iraq and Syria count as terrorists. For Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, the "terrorists" are all the opponents of his government -- armed and unarmed. They in turn have branded his regime a "terrorist state".

link

Edited by Saru
Removed broken quote code

I've never seen a journalist holding a weapon in a combat zone. Never. Journalists carry cameras and notebooks, pencils. I'm not sure how his actions can be justified. Don't forget - he was a 'photo' Journalist. Big clue there.

• Like 2

~

Trouble is they're trying to do two things at once. Their primary agenda, the only one they're really interested in, is deposing the Tyrant Assad, and they'd be quite happy to look the other way while ISIT help themselves to some, probably most, of the presents they give the Rebels (the "Good" ones). But then ISEE went and wiped the floor with the Iraq army that America had built up, and and then went and started beheading American citizens, so they grudgingly decided that they ought to do something, or at least make a token gesture towards doing so. But their heart isn't really in it, since if they did knock ISITNOW out, that would put a serious dent in the capabilities of the forces ranged against the Tyrant Assad. And they need control of Syria because it's a crucial part of their strategy for the New American Century. And, of course, they'd then have to come up with some new bogeyman to keep everyone in a state of fear and hatred.

Edited by Valdemar the Great
  • Like 1

But they are not what we would call healthful.

Actually for the most part they are healthy, the "mutant/cancerous" ones die out young and the remaining stalk is very healthy :)

Everything seems to be in italics now.

Thanks O'Great Valdemar ... I thought it was just me ... you know the font quirkiness and all ... kinky italics is just what I need

• Like 2

You have the power to undo this if you desire (use the I icon between the B and the U).

Wait a minute...I see what you mean now...it spontaneoulsy went to italics! And, it's not responding to correction!

Edited by Lilly
You're right!
  • Like 2