Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

a math question related to quraan

the-Unexpected-Soul

there is 114 surah in the holy Quran

now try this, take away the year which you was born in from that number and it well tell you how old you are

example: if some one is born in 1985

114 - 85 = 29

how does that happened

Because it's 2014

In two years it won't work..

Edited by Opus Magnus
  • Like 9

It doesn't work already.

What if you where born in 2003 ? Your equation would give an age of 111 ! :P

• Like 7

there is 114 surah in the holy Quran

now try this, take away the year which you was born in from that number and it well tell you how old you are

example: if some one is born in 1985

114 - 85 = 29

how does that happened

The year is 2014. Someone's age is calculated by subtracting their year of birth from now, which is 2014.

One problem here is that we can suppose that their birth day HAS happened. If someone was born in January 2013, then they would be 1 year old and 2014-2013 = 1. If their birthday was in November then they would not be 1 year old yet, but 2014-2013 = 1.

age = 2014 - birth year

= 2014 - birth year + 0

= 2014 - birth year + 1900 - 1900

= (2014-1900) - birth year + 1900

= (2014-1900) - (birth year - 1900)

= 114 - last 2 digits of birth year if born 1999 or earlier

That's the algebra with the process broken down into small steps

• Like 5

how does that happened

A miracle. There's no other possible explanation.

I am now going to convert to Islam. Praise the Lord!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The year is 2014. Someone's age is calculated by subtracting their year of birth from now, which is 2014.

One problem here is that we can suppose that their birth day HAS happened. If someone was born in January 2013, then they would be 1 year old and 2014-2013 = 1. If their birthday was in November then they would not be 1 year old yet, but 2014-2013 = 1.

age = 2014 - birth year

= 2014 - birth year + 0

= 2014 - birth year + 1900 - 1900

= (2014-1900) - birth year + 1900

= (2014-1900) - (birth year - 1900)

= 114 - last 2 digits of birth year if born 1999 or earlier

That's the algebra with the process broken down into small steps

this is because we don't count the year until it is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Still there is a secrecy and hiden formulas in numers. Pythagorean misyeries and secret formulas.I can give you the result of a substraction you can made at anytime if you just five me the last number of the result. Also magiciand playing tricks with card knows it

Still there is a secrecy and hiden formulas in numers. Pythagorean misyeries and secret formulas.I can give you the result of a substraction you can made at anytime if you just five me the last number of the result. Also magiciand playing tricks with card knows it

Numbers have no secrecy or anything hidden. They are a system which we have devised. Nothing mystical about them.

I'm an imaginary number, I would know.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Those kind of tricks aren't "secrecy" or "hidden formulas". The tricks where someone predicts the answer the answer to a multi-stage calculation you performed on a number they don't know are just simple parlor tricks based upon properties of our number system that are well understood by people with basic mathematical knowledge. They usually involve adding the digits at one stage and multiplying by 9 at another stage in order to force an answer of something like 9. Perhaps some irrelevant steps along the way

Still, I reckon you've got this trick you're describing utterly mangled. No way you can tell me the result of a subtraction I've performed just by knowing nothing but the last digit of the answer.

How about this, I've just picked a couple of random numbers and subtract the smaller one from the larger one. The result has a last digit of 9. What's the actual result I got from the subtraction I performed?

• Like 1