Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hornets nest falls through couple's ceiling

Still Waters

A couple were forced to escape through their bedroom window after a nest of giant hornets crashed through their ceiling.

The householders barricaded themselves behind a makeshift shelter as the angry swarm of yellow-and-black striped hornets invaded their home. Firefighters who went to their rescue said a large nest containing more than one hundred hornets had crashed through the ceiling.

http://www.telegraph...gh-ceiling.html

• Like 3

Wow. That could have been a big "ouch", to say the least.

Wow, heard about these giant hornets a few years ago on some local news channel stinging people down in southern Ohio. Found one while replacing a waterpump in my truck. At first couldn't believe my eyes for this gross looking insect with a long stinger had died instantly smashing into the radiator. Felt as though I was in some twilight zone episode while examining this decomposing insect? I don't blame those people for hiding in that bedroom, would do the same in a situation like that!

• Like 1

Wow, heard about these giant hornets a few years ago on some local news channel stinging people down in southern Ohio. Found one while replacing a waterpump in my truck. At first couldn't believe my eyes for this gross looking insect with a long stinger had died instantly smashing into the radiator. Felt as though I was in some twilight zone episode while examining this decomposing insect? I don't blame those people for hiding in that bedroom, would do the same in a situation like that!

They're here!!! Run away!!! 0Eu9zDu.gif

:P

[media=]

[/media]

This story and the story about the wasps just goes to show that home owners need to periodically check their homes or have someone come out and do it for them.

Glad nobody was hurt in either case. :)