Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious creature in Sweden backyard

monsterstalker

Video link

The story on the video:

On Thursday, a Swedish couple took this photo, when checking on noise coming from behind the house. It was the sound of something scraping against metal, they said. They claim the animal was the size of a cat, but looked nothing like it. “The ears, fingers and toes were too long to be a cat. I jumped when I saw it, I didn’t like the sight of it at all” –Elsa says to the local newspaper. It was her husband Anton who took the picture. The animal ran off very quickly. From what they saw the animal had four legs, gray fur and made an uncomfortable hissing sound when it flew.

The case was reported to the police since the animal is unidentified, and therefore possibly an illegal import.

It definitely doesnt look like a cat. More like a creepy monkey. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

It's a troll. They're like flies in Sweden.

• Like 4

A Chihuahua with the mange.

• Like 2

People have nothing better to do.

• Like 2

It looks like an aye-aye. They're somewhat similar in size and have long fingers. It could possibly be an escaped pet.

• Like 3

Agreed, I'd bet a testicle (not literally) that its an aye-aye. Pale face, dark markings around the eyes, blackish coloring at the ears. The description of long fingers is really telling.

And they are certainly freaky looking little buggers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

• Like 1

Agreed, I'd bet a testicle (not literally) that its an aye-aye. Pale face, dark markings around the eyes, blackish coloring at the ears. The description of long fingers is really telling.

And they are certainly freaky looking little buggers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

Yeah, they look like a bat, or gremlin, out of hell.

Who wouldn't run. 0Eu9zDu.gif

7tI6DWw.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like an aye-aye like previous posts are mentioning but they can only be found on madargascar, not in someones backporch in sweden -.-

And importing something like that to sweden is near impossible, maybe the thing escaped from a local zoo.

Could you link to the orignal article? Or is it just something you found browsing youtube?

EDIT: Can't find any information about any swedish zoo's having these creatures. Gotta be something else. Maybe a racoon with mange.

http://whatsallthisthen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cryptodoggye.jpg

Edited by Fahragrim
  • Like 1

I first though aye-aye as well but went with Lemur because they said it was the size of a cat.

Nibs

You guys crazy! That's definitely an imp! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imp

An escaped foreign animal? That's just way too boring, when I retell this tale it'll involve an imp that's terrorizedthe family for weeks, growing ever bolder and dangerous until it one day almost got away with the families new born baby. THAT'S when the got that picture.

It's an imp I tell ye ;)

• Like 1

you could guess an armadilo, but the face says otherwise. idk, it could be alot of things

No armadillos are native to Sweden.

• Like 1

It greatly resembles what mythically would be called a goblin.

It does resemble an aye-aye also, but the ears are a poor match. The size could be about right though.

Edited by DieChecker

monster creature found in Sweden !! caught on tape -- or-- It was her husband Anton who took the picture.

And -- when it flew. When it flew away in the air? Or ran away?

monster creature found in Sweden !! caught on tape -- or-- It was her husband Anton who took the picture.

And -- when it flew. When it flew away in the air? Or ran away?

Well, it's not that hard to imagine they meant: fled instead of flew.

Oh, good God, it's a Chupachihuahua. Move on.

It's so cute. How can adult humans be scared of a little animal just because it's not known? Wimps

picaduras-insectos-chihuahuas-e1347785659751.jpg Humans is the silliest peoples! Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Agreed, I'd bet a testicle (not literally)....

Heck, I'd bet one literally. It just wouldn't be one of mine. :P

I agree that it does look like a lemur/aye-aye, but what is one doing in Sweden? :blink: Escaped from a zoo?