Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird photograph I took.

Mad Manfred

I don't at the present time have the photo with me, if you're interested, let me know and I will post it asap.

Ok, here's the story:

During my European romp (day 20 something) we stopped at PARIS, FRANCE and lodged into the IBIS hotel.

Now, during my travels we stopped at many hotels and I made an effort to take a photo of EVERY hotel room we stayed in (I'm a weirdo I know...).

Anyway, I took my key from the concierge and headed up to my room with my luggage. As soon as I entered I turned on the light, dumped some of my stuff around the room and took out my digital camera to take the shot. The TV was most definitely OFF.

I then continued to unpack, shower, turned the TV on and then went to bed.

The next day we toured PARIS and the day after we left.

Now, almost one year later I had the photo's developed and uploaded to my computer.

This is where I noticed something strange in the photo of the hotel room.

The photograph is completely normal, except the TV is on. In the photo is what appears to be two kids sitting in a room of their own, looking back at me.

I've heard of TV's acting up and picking up on signals from other areas etc or even displaying images when off.

What do you think? A haunting? Technical difficulties? Too drunk to notice the TV was on?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad Manfred

• Bogeyman

• Insight

• Potholer

Get the photo up MM....Its the only way anyone can give an opinion.......My experience of IBIS Hotel rooms is theres only room for one person.........barely...! thumbsup.gif

Most likely you turned on the TV without noticing like maybe dropping something on the clicker.Maybe it is paranormal.We will need to see pics to study this farther...

Maybe it's the stereotype Hollywood picture that dwells in my head, but the image seems somehow "too clear" to be paranormal. (That's the lamest excuse I have ever written in the boards for any topic tongue.gif ) But seriously, this looks like a normal, ordinary image from a TV that is on. And since you said that it's been a year since you were there, maybe you have forgotten/mixed it with another hotel/taken more pictures where it was, indeed, off.

Or, like you said yourself, maybe you were too drunk to notice TV was on. grin2.gif Especially if it was muted..

Most "TV ghost" photos I've seen don't have pictures that are that complex. Most of the time it's just a face or part of a face. This looks more like a TV show or something to me.

Wow... There is the fact that the layout of that room is alot like your hotel room... Not saying its paranormal... Just a very strange coincidence!! Interesting!!!

Just a quick one, look at what the child on the left is sat on. The colour of the sheets and look at the colour of the sheets in your room!

Edited by Soul_reaver

cynamyngirl here.

Just a quick note about the photo posted. Maybe the tv was on, maybe it wasn't. what I find very odd and creepy, is the two figures behind the little boy on the right. plus the fact that the color of the sheets on the tv resemble the sheets in the hotel is also kinda creepy.

I don't at the present time have the photo with me, if you're interested, let me know and I will post it asap.

Ok, here's the story:

During my European romp (day 20 something) we stopped at PARIS, FRANCE and lodged into the IBIS hotel.

Now, during my travels we stopped at many hotels and I made an effort to take a photo of EVERY hotel room we stayed in (I'm a weirdo I know...).

Anyway, I took my key from the concierge and headed up to my room with my luggage. As soon as I entered I turned on the light, dumped some of my stuff around the room and took out my digital camera to take the shot. The TV was most definitely OFF.

I then continued to unpack, shower, turned the TV on and then went to bed.

The next day we toured PARIS and the day after we left.

Now, almost one year later I had the photo's developed and uploaded to my computer.

This is where I noticed something strange in the photo of the hotel room.

The photograph is completely normal, except the TV is on. In the photo is what appears to be two kids sitting in a room of their own, looking back at me.

I've heard of TV's acting up and picking up on signals from other areas etc or even displaying images when off.

What do you think? A haunting? Technical difficulties? Too drunk to notice the TV was on?

358155[/snapback]

Omigod! Those guys are terrifing! HAHAHAHA!

Okie dokie, here's the pic.

358392[/snapback]

Ok, I may be a day late and a dollar short but where's the picture??

Enquiring minds want to know...

RED wacko.gif

Picture gone sad.gif

Ive seen before though and that kid looking at the photographer is pretty weird!

It also looks a bit like its the same room with you guys in the reflection behing the girl on the right (I think,picture gone so remembering from yesterday!)

Looks like something outa a Japanese horror movie....Creepy ... dontgetit.gif

It was creeping me out...weird stuff was happening. So I destroyed all copies.

And I'm usually the one laughing at people who do that, I'm a putz rolleyes.gif

You took it down? Why? huh.gif

dude, nice way to leave me hangin there...I was reading through the posts getting all jazzed up looking forward to seeing the picture and then...whammo, the rug was pulled out from under me...

thanks... crying.gif

Everbody get together behind me and chant:\

SHOW US THE PIC!

SHOW US THE PIC!

SHOW US THE PIC!

Don't worry, it's still in your temporary internet folder files. And you can also use a program called Directory snoop to retrieve it from you recycle bin. If anyone else saw the pic, comb your temp internet files and please find it for me, because I am about to poop my pants in anticipation.

I continue my chant:

SHOW US THE PIC!

SHOW US THE PIC!

I am brokenjohnnynofix@hotmail.com