Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

no signal detected

Deleted

hello,

i rearranged my room and put my computer somewhere else. Then I connected my screen with my pc, and I got the message "no signal detected". So I restarted my pc and it somehow it worked and I acessed Bios and rebooted windows. After that I had a bluescreen so I turned my pc off. Then I restarted it, the pc started normally but I only got a black screen with the message "no signal detected". So I cleaned my pc, I checked my video card ram, all seems fine... I tried to connect my pc with my TV via Dvi but it didnt work..... I dont know what to do, has someone an idea?

Change the 'source' on your TV/monitor? It will have a Menu.

Edited by Eldorado

Make sure the wall socket you are using for power is stable and grounded. Plug it into another socket just to be sure.. If power isn't a problem, unplug the computer and reseat your components (RAM, vid card network cards etc.) and make sure the DVI cable is well seated. then check back in.

"No signal detected" - I get that sometimes. With me it's the connection lead at the back of my monitor, it works loose. To fix I just twiddle the lead at the back of the monitor where it goes in and it works a treat afterwards. Maybe you have a faulty/loose cable like I do.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies... I tried all of the above :(. I switched cables, I reseated my video card and my ram, nothing works......

What graphic card do you have? Model and brand please. If its integrated, what is your mainboard model?

Mostly this is heat issue, dust over components and, depending of GPU - simply changing thermal paste would do the job - if we have issue with heat here. After your provide more info about components in your PC i will gladly try to help more, br.

If you can open one side of your PC case - then it should be just below CPU Fan, inserted into slot, if dedicated that is, it should be biggest component plugged into mainboard slot. Best would be if you can plug it out of mainboard and clean it if dusty.

i know where it is located and i have allredy done that ;) i kust dont know the model... it is a gforce but which type i dunno

i know where it is located and i have allredy done that ;) i kust dont know the model... it is a gforce but which type i dunno

OK, you can pull that card out, hook the monitor to the integrated graphics chip on your motherboard and the board should recoognize that the discrete graphics is gone and activate the integrated graphics chip, If you get a picture you'll know your vid card died. You may have to go into BIOS and activate integated graphics but usually it is set to auto.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow. :o Today I did enough.... I have a gaming computer and it is just a year old :(...... the weird thing is, I just rearranged my room and my pc is broken? so sad........

Well good luck with it tomorrow, if you have integrated GPU on board - @Merc14 just explained the way to test it.

Well good luck with it tomorrow, if you have integrated GPU on board - @Merc14 just explained the way to test it.

The newer Intel and AMD CPUs, especially one on a gaming rig, integrate the GPU on the CPU die so he should be good to go. Also, make sure you have power goinng to your Nvidia vid card.

btw i have gforce 660 and m5a97 r2.0

asus

I haven't wiorked with AMD in a long time but that board/CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so the above test won't work. You'll have to get your hands on a known good video card and test the video out that way.

• Like 1

it seems as if the motherboard or the gpu was defect, I can`t shut down the Pc nor is there a "beep" when I turn it on..... I guess I have to send it in... now I have to find my invoice :0

it seems as if the motherboard or the gpu was defect, I can`t shut down the Pc nor is there a "beep" when I turn it on..... I guess I have to send it in... now I have to find my invoice :0

It could also be the Power Supply Unit (PSU) but if it is under warranty then yeah, send it in.

It could also be the Power Supply Unit (PSU) but if it is under warranty then yeah, send it in.

+1 to this possibility. I tried porting my computer over to another case I had. The other case had more fans on there do figured why not. Plugged it all in and got exactly what the OP had. Tried for days to fix the issue to no avail. Went back to the old case as a desperate hopeful and it ran like normal. When I plug in another hard drive you really notice the affect it has on the system. My PSU couldn't handle it. Perhaps your PSU is faulty and not delivering the power it normally provided to your pc.

• Like 1

Try remounting your graphics card and RAM sticks(remove them, blow out the sockets to clear dust and put them back in).

Thanks, i will try it all and tell you then what the issue was.

Hey before you send your psu in test it. I just did this the other day. All you need is a paperclip. Unplug from outlet. Take out your psu completely and unplug everything that it is connected to. Locate the 14,15,or the 16th pin ITS GREEN on the connection that supposed to go to the motherboard. You know the 24pin. You take one end of the paperclip and stick it into where the green wire is and bend it and put the other end into tje neighboring black wire. Hang the connection so NOTHING touches it. Plug in the psu and turn it on. It should turn on if it is working correctly. I'm not too good at wording so here's a link to a guide. Its called the green wire method I think. I found out I have a bad motherboard. I'll help in anyway i can. I didn't use the electric tape at the end but it's probably safer. http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick

• Like 1