Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman found beheaded in North London

CatFromHell

Beheaded ?

I mean.... we have crimes of passion, where a husband murders a wife (most common), or visa-versa (less common, but it happens).

But to actually sever somebodies head ? That is NOT an easy thing to do. You have to REALLY want to do it, and to work at it.

This smacks of a cultural imperitive to me. And NOT an indigenous one.

Apparantly the primary suspect has been arrested. I will be intrigued to see what his name is.

I'm betting it isn't a traditional British surname.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

Beheaded ?

I mean.... we have crimes of passion, where a husband murders a wife (most common), or visa-versa (less common, but it happens).

But to actually sever somebodies head ? That is NOT an easy thing to do. You have to REALLY want to do it, and to work at it.

Apparantly the primary suspect has been arrested. I will be intrigued to see what his name is.

Well you might be right, this happened a few years back a few streets from me. A small neighbourly dispute got badly out of hand. Ended up with one of them getting beheaded with a machete in their own garden. In this case the perpetrator and victim were white.

• Like 1

Beheaded ?

Based on the information available to them police are ruling out it being terrorist related.

• Like 2

Based on the information available to them police are ruling out it being terrorist related.

Yeah it could literally just be a neighbourly dispute. I know it seems extreme to behead someone over that but it doesn't take much for some people to snap.

• Like 1

Beheaded ?

Non traditional is probably a good guess. Ummm, Muhammad something maybe? :whistle:

Yeah it could literally just be a neighbourly dispute. I know it seems extreme to behead someone over that but it doesn't take much for some people to snap.

It really doesn't, Especially these days.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Jeez it really doesn't get any worse than this when an 82 year old woman is beheaded in her own back garden! I am beyond horrified. What the hell is happening to this world?!

R.I.P Palmira Silva :(

• Like 7

These are the kind of crimes were I would like to see those responsible given as severe a punishment as possible like an execution by guillotine in the town square. When I read about these thumb sucking ass holes beating up and killing elderly folks I would like their punishment should be swift and painful

• Like 7

It...really isn't.

The human body is surprisingly frail.

• Like 2

From the sound of his mental condition wonder why he wasn't already in a mental ward.

Hope this wasn't terrorist related.

• Like 1

Very sad about the old lady ... the guy is sick. I'm not defending his actions in anyway.. i'm just saying he's mentally ill.

If it had been the act of a terrorist wannabe , one that was supposedly sane but socially conditioned to believe that beheading someone could ever be the right thing to do... then , he would still be insane and so would the social "norms" that he adhered to in the commission of such a horrid act.

• Like 1

Beheaded ?

No one can simply be a psycho these days, they always have to be an Islamic terrorist. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ummmm........

http://thestreetjour...woman-beheaded/

One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria.

Some residents claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism.

now the police are bound to play this right down even if they think it was a 'terrorist act' (by a nutter?) for fear of copy-cats..

I had thought a couple of days ago that if the 'IS' supporters in this and other countries started kidnapping people and

beheading them (and filming it..?)....we could find ourselves in a very horrible situation....

He tried to attack other people...but in the end got poor old Palmira Silva...

Witnesses described seeing police smash windows of neighbouring properties, carry screaming children and lead terrified residents to safety.

One neighbour told of her narrow escape. Freda Odame, 30, a catering worker, said she heard a commotion and pulled back her curtains to see a man in his mid-20s with a knife.

“Someone was shouting and the door was banging. I could hear the screaming but I could not hear what he was saying,” she said.

“I could see that he had a big curved knife, about the size of an arm’s length and he was crouching as if frantically searching for something. He had a crazed look in his eyes so I closed my curtains because I was scared.

Edited by bee

Sounds drug related. My understanding is that people do not become that mentally ill over night. He would have shown a lot of bizarre behavior for weeks or months (possibly years) that 'should' have led to sectioning under the mental health act well before he went on the rampage.

I think he was probably under the influence of some illegal drug, such as:- crystal meths, LSD, Bromo-DragonFly, PCP, 'Bath Salts' or new unknown synthetic drugs etc. These drugs could have caused extreme hallucinations which led him to believe that cats were in some way demonic or other worldly entities sent to hurt him etc, he probably also perceived the poor old lady to be something other then a defenseless old woman. In the murderers mind he may have thought he was actually saving his own life and the lives of others by killing evil entities or aliens or some other fantasy threat.

Once the police release more detail I hope they deal with the murderer appropriately BUT also if it is drug related then they go after the dealers and supply chain and charge them with manslaughter. But this being the UK I pretty much resign myself to everyone involved getting community service or a caution or walking away scot free.

• Like 1

These are the kind of crimes were I would like to see those responsible given as severe a punishment as possible like an execution by guillotine in the town square.

give me a chair, a length of rope, and a kettle.

i could make the pizza sheet suffer for days.

and it still wouldn't be enough.

I would like their punishment should be swift and painful

swift....?

Sounds drug related. My understanding is that people do not become that mentally ill over night. He would have shown a lot of bizarre behavior for weeks or months (possibly years) that 'should' have led to sectioning under the mental health act well before he went on the rampage.

I think he was probably under the influence of some illegal drug, such as:- crystal meths, LSD, Bromo-DragonFly, PCP, 'Bath Salts' or new unknown synthetic drugs etc. These drugs could have caused extreme hallucinations which led him to believe that cats were in some way demonic or other worldly entities sent to hurt him etc, he probably also perceived the poor old lady to be something other then a defenseless old woman. In the murderers mind he may have thought he was actually saving his own life and the lives of others by killing evil entities or aliens or some other fantasy threat.

Once the police release more detail I hope they deal with the murderer appropriately BUT also if it is drug related then they go after the dealers and supply chain and charge them with manslaughter. But this being the UK I pretty much resign myself to everyone involved getting community service or a caution or walking away scot free.

Absolutely. But it's so much easier (and much more exciting) to leap to the most exciting conclusion that we're under threat of beheading at any moment any talk we walk down the street by an army of deranged Islamic fundamentalists, isn't it.
  • Like 5

Absolutely. But it's so much easier (and much more exciting) to leap to the most exciting conclusion that we're under threat of beheading at any moment any talk we walk down the street by an army of deranged Islamic fundamentalists, isn't it.

Under-reacting can be as counter productive as over-reacting, you know.... :)

just for those who missed it or wish to ignore it...here it is again..

http://thestreetjour...woman-beheaded/

Some residents claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year,

yes he could have been drugged up to the eyeballs...yes he could have been mentally ill...

but the fact (if it is a fact, which I expect it is)...that he was a Convert...is also relevant IMO.

have we forgotten what happened to Lee Rigby already..?

edit..ps....your post did make me smile though, the way you said it.....

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

Under reacting? That he might have been mentally ill and/or influenced by drugs is under reacting, is it? So what are the advantages of assuming that he was a fanatical Islamic jihadist nutter? Does that get us any further forward? The only way it gets us forward is just to make people live in a constant state of fear. Does that help in any way? Or does it help because it encourages us to be all "vigilant"?

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

Under reacting? That he might have been mentally ill and/or influenced by drugs is under reacting, is it? So what are the advantages of assuming that he was a fanatical Islamic jihadist nutter? Does that get us any further forward? The only way it gets us forward is just to make people live in a constant state of fear. Does that help in any way? Or does it help because it encourages us to be all "vigilant"?

Ignorance may be bliss....

But knowledge is power..

(Facts can be examined without denial and/or OTT emotional reactions... ...hopefully...)

Sounds drug related.

I think he was probably under the influence of some illegal drug, such as:- crystal meths, LSD, Bromo-DragonFly, PCP, 'Bath Salts' or new unknown synthetic drugs etc.

most of which (and more) i've expanded my conscience with, and not once have i felt the need to lop the head off've anyone George, grey haired or otherwise.

many people use drugs as an excuse for their crimes, but it's not a 'reason', it's an excuse. there IS a difference.....

• Like 3

That poor poor woman. I cannot begin to imagine how her loved ones are feeling right now. A great grandma who ran a little cafe. So sad.

Whether drugs, mental illness.....whatever the reason behind this..... it's just awful. My thoughts go out to her family and friends right now :(

• Like 1