Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman found beheaded in North London

CatFromHell

Why don't you get over yourself Miss "I have more important things to do in my life but will bother to take the time to cover my specious remarks" I am certainly not the only one who took your post that way.

Can you read properly? Who said you do not have the right to an opinion? I agreed with you and discussed why that opinion is formed so readily, and what a shame that was if you had bothered to enter into the discussion that you initiated.

And here you offered the bleeding heart rubbish:

That doesn't really mean every time something bad happens we must straight away assume it's a terrorist attack does it?

Seriously, who cares? There is good reason to link them for the reasons I stated but who cares if these low life pieces of human filth are tarnished with a bad stereotype, they worked very hard to earn it. As long as the evil person carrying out the act is caught and properly punished.

And I was talking to Bee anyway.

what a truly nasty person you really are.

Well, I think this post more than any other one really shows you as you really are.

Someone who explains their post in great detail to clear up obvious misconceptions? What of it?

what a truly nasty person you really are.

Goodness how dare I explain my post in detail and reply in turn after being chastised! I am obviously going straight to hell in a handbasket!!!!

LOL, you have no idea how mutual that feeling is!

Edited by psyche101

Don't bother ranting pschy, i don't take any notice of anything you say any more.

• Like 1

But people certainly seem to prefer to assume that yes it was, don't they.

IMO there is suspicion and speculation but not assumption....

And with the wall to wall reporting of the beheadings it's no surprise that that is so....

Why do they do that? Is it just more exciting? is it because it's more scary? People like to imagine that there's a great and almost supernatural enemy just waiting to spring up anywhere and lop their head off?

Do they.....?.....I don't and I presume you don't (?)

But this one seems to be different from the usual Menace because everyone keeps telling us that they're utterly invincible and a greater menace than civilisation has ever faced. Why is that? Do people secretly believe that Western Civilisation is decadent and corrupt and is just ready to fall? Is it some kind of millenial angst? is it a kind of, what's the word, masochism, that's it? We believe that we are doomed and that we secretly deserve it?

Yikes..!....that's dramatic....

And a tad hysterical... :P

I think non muslims see and sense that there is a growing problem that isn't just going to magically dissolve away...

• Like 1

Still thrashing the poor old terrorist hysteria horse? You really are doing an admirable job on behalf of IS™; you know that that's the whole purpose of Terrorism, isn't it, to make people live in a state of fear.

I don't think its hysteria when terrorists have actively killed people already. And neither is it a state of fear. When there are Jihadis all over the world cutting off people heads I don't think its out of order to make a few connections when someone gets beheaded in your back yard.

What are the dangers? At any moment one might be decapitated by some lunatic (Who may be a Convert to Islam)? So how are we supposed to be on our guard against that?

It's possible. I doubt Lee Rigby thought he was going to be beheaded right up until they tried to do it. And I think its a safer bet to assume someone running round lopping off heads is a convert to Radical Islam rather than a convert to Buddism.

They aren't. People in groups tend to panic, create mobs, lynchings, etc.

except no one's been lynched.
  • Like 3

Why don't you get over yourself Miss "I have more important things to do in my life but will bother to take the time to cover my specious remarks" I am certainly not the only one who took your post that way.

Can you read properly? Who said you do not have the right to an opinion? I agreed with you and discussed why that opinion is formed so readily, and what a shame that was if you had bothered to enter into the discussion that you initiated.

And here you offered the bleeding heart rubbish:

That doesn't really mean every time something bad happens we must straight away assume it's a terrorist attack does it?

Seriously, who cares? There is good reason to link them for the reasons I stated but who cares if these low life pieces of human filth are tarnished with a bad stereotype, they worked very hard to earn it. As long as the evil person carrying out the act is caught and properly punished.

And I was talking to Bee anyway.

I was stating a fact, Not every bad thing that happens is a terrorist attack.

Obviously in your world, it is.

That does not make me a bleeding heart.

I don't give a stuff who you were talking to, You seem to have a problem with me voicing my opinion Something for which I will not apologise.

I stick by what I said.

Don't like it? Tough luck.

I don't think its hysteria when terrorists have actively killed people already. And neither is it a state of fear. When there are Jihadis all over the world cutting off people heads I don't think its out of order to make a few connections when someone gets beheaded in your back yard.

Are there? Where?

It...really isn't.

The human body is surprisingly frail.

do i really wanna go down that road, asking you how you know this???

• Like 1

Are there? Where?

Not sure what your question is. If it's about Jihadis beheading people, just google jihadi beheading and you'll get over a million results.

If its about someone being beheaded in your back yard, that's what this thread is about...

• Like 1

It may have over a million results, but does that mean it's happened over a million times?

As I understand things the authorities are well persuaded it was a random act of violence, not a planned attack. That it might have been politically inspired has not been ruled out, but, really, why the particular person who was killed?

I was stating a fact, Not every bad thing that happens is a terrorist attack.

Obviously in your world, it is.

That does not make me a bleeding heart.

I don't give a stuff who you were talking to, You seem to have a problem with me voicing my opinion Something for which I will not apologise.

I stick by what I said.

Don't like it? Tough luck.

You're not intellectually capable of digesting the information at hand be the problem. You asked "why do people attach the stigma" I explained that. How that is stifling your opinion I guess only you can answer.

I do not care one bit about what you said, I was simply pointing that out. You were too slow to pick up what the post actually referred to.

Don't bother ranting pschy, i don't take any notice of anything you say any more.

I know, you have not read an entire post in ages, your replies reflect that very well. That's not taking a stand, that just makes you discourteous. You seem to have this communication problem with a few people I have noticed. I find your views somewhat effeminate, and your posting hypocritical, all this complaining of bickering, yet you would have to be the guiltiest poster here of that. It's a relief to see less of you of late to be honest. If you do reply to me ever again, how about you stop with how badly your poor feelings are hurt and try something based on the topics? Have you ever posted a link to a factual source here in your entire time, or do you just to share how you imagine how utopian life would be if you were king?

Yikes..!....that's dramatic....

And a tad hysterical... :P

:w00t::lol::tu:

Do you have any idea how being aware of the terrorist threat translates into thinking terrorists are invincible or supernatural?

I have seen that posted quite a few times, but I have not seen any poster allude to that, except for the one making the accusation.

I have to say I am baffled as to how that conclusion was made from the discussions at hand.

Very strange indeed.

• Like 1

Not sure what your question is. If it's about Jihadis beheading people, just google jihadi beheading and you'll get over a million results.

If its about someone being beheaded in your back yard, that's what this thread is about...

Well said, I tried to say exactly the same thing, but nobody seems to be able to pick up on that. Baffling. Perhaps they speak a different language in that part of the US where those posters reside.

And over the last hundred or perhaps even 50 years, I would not rule out that it has happened a million times. Seems rather plausible to be honest.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

In most of the world random killings rarely involve beheading. For that reason I suspect whoever did this, whether deranged or whatever, got the idea from Iraqi behavior, although the circumstances seem to show no direct connection.

• Like 2

In most of the world random killings rarely involve beheading. For that reason I suspect whoever did this, whether deranged or whatever, got the idea from Iraqi behavior, although the circumstances seem to show no direct connection.

Rare, but not unheard of.

I've worked for many years in forensic mental health and come across a few patients that have used this method of homicide. I imagine it's not a very efficient way of killing someone. This explains why, when it happens, it either has some symbolic or ritualistic significance; or it's the product of a mentally ill mind.

I suspect, in this case, it's a bit of both. I'll speculate that the perpetrator was floridly psychotic but the recent events may have influenced him.

But it's pretty clear this is not a terrorist attack. These have political purpose and the choice of victim seems important. I'm not sure how an elderly Italian woman fits in with that.

Edited by Arbenol
  • Like 3

Rare, but not unheard of.

I've worked for many years in forensic mental health and come across a few patients that have used this method of homicide. I imagine it's not a very efficient way of killing someone. This explains why, when it happens, it either has some symbolic or ritualistic significance; or it's the product of a mentally ill mind.

I suspect, in this case, it's a bit of both. I'll speculate that the perpetrator was floridly psychotic but the recent events may have influenced him.

But it's pretty clear this is not a terrorist attack. These have political purpose and the choice of victim seems important. I'm not sure how an elderly Italian woman fits in with that.

It is clear now, but even police considered terrorism to begin with, as such the way posters have been chastised for doing the same seems unreasonable.

One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria.

Some residents of Edmonton claimed on Thursday night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism as a motive for the killing.

LINK

Considering terrorism at first seems perfectly reasonable, it just does not seem to be playing out that way is all upon further investigation.

Edited by psyche101

It is clear now, but even police considered terrorism to begin with, as such the way posters have been chastised for doing the same seems unreasonable.

One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria.

Some residents of Edmonton claimed on Thursday night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism as a motive for the killing.

LINK

Considering terrorism at first seems perfectly reasonable, it just does not seem to be playing out that way is all upon further investigation.

When I first heard this story I, like many others apparently, made an association with the recent beheadings of those two journalists. I quickly chastised myself and did a quick reality check. It's an understandable association but not a particularly rational one. That's why the Police were quick to say that there was no evidence it was linked to terrorism.

• Like 3

When I first heard this story I, like many others apparently, made an association with the recent beheadings of those two journalists. I quickly chastised myself and did a quick reality check. It's an understandable association but not a particularly rational one. That's why the Police were quick to say that there was no evidence it was linked to terrorism.

Considering how often we see this from radical sources, I do not think it was not rational to jump to such a conclusion, but expected. Investigations start somewhere and that seemed an obvious place to start. It turns out it was a more unusual stance as crazy people have beheaded others before, but it is nowhere near as prevalent as the regular headlines we see far too often. Nothing wrong with the assumptions at all, further information took the investigation in a completely different direction but the premise is valid. There seems no reason to pursue that line of inquiry now, but I do feel it was reasonable to suspect such to begin with. After all, those terrorists worked very hard for this reputation, and it worked.

• Like 1

Considering how often we see this from radical sources, I do not think it was not rational to jump to such a conclusion, but expected. Investigations start somewhere and that seemed an obvious place to start. It turns out it was a more unusual stance as crazy people have beheaded others before, but it is nowhere near as prevalent as the regular headlines we see far too often. Nothing wrong with the assumptions at all, further information took the investigation in a completely different direction but the premise is valid. There seems no reason to pursue that line of inquiry now, but I do feel it was reasonable to suspect such to begin with. After all, those terrorists worked very hard for this reputation, and it worked.

What strikes me about this whole situation is how well our media does terrorists' jobs for them. The purpose of terrorism is not so much actual damage, but the fear of that. Every time I see that mask-wearing knobhead with the dumbo accent, it annoys me that we are continually shown it. If we really wanted to ameliorate the effects, it should reported and not shown. I know people who want to see that stuff can find it, but all the media exposure does is have people jumping at shadows - exactly what the bad guys want.

• Like 2

Are there? Where?

You have not heard of any beheadings by terrorists?

Well, that explains a great deal then doesn't it. The rest of the world seems to be aware of them.

• Like 1

What strikes me about this whole situation is how well our media does terrorists' jobs for them. The purpose of terrorism is not so much actual damage, but the fear of that. Every time I see that mask-wearing knobhead with the dumbo accent, it annoys me that we are continually shown it. If we really wanted to ameliorate the effects, it should reported and not shown. I know people who want to see that stuff can find it, but all the media exposure does is have people jumping at shadows - exactly what the bad guys want.

I would have thought that a fair comment myself, except that I find when you dig below mainstream, it seems even worse, they seem to report the larger events when they happen, but the depth is so much more. I left a link to an Insight show from the ABC, you know the one I mean, not the US ABC, that has many people discussing the problem of radicalisation, which I see as a very real and imminent threat to our societies. Youth from poor and broken homes are being targeted by radicals with great promises and manage to entice them into a war they do not belong in. One radical young man even stated that it is the "duty" of every single Australian Muslim to go overseas and fight for ISIS and ISIL. With sleeper cells and radicalisation in every country, I feel the real threat is not actually making the papers as often as it should, only the ones with big explosions.

LINK

Well, google "greyhound bus beheading" I.E. Tim McLean and Vincent Li. That had nothing to do with jihadis but the jihadis were beheading people, at that time.

The timing of this proves absolutely nothing. It does, however, suggest a lot and that is what people here are responding to. I can understand that. But, just because "Someone went paranoid schizophrenic and cut someone's head off" does not mean that it has to have anything to do with radical muslims.

It may, it may not.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3