Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman found beheaded in North London

CatFromHell

Well, google "greyhound bus beheading" I.E. Tim McLean and Vincent Li. That had nothing to do with jihadis but the jihadis were beheading people, at that time.

The timing of this proves absolutely nothing. It does, however, suggest a lot and that is what people here? are responding to. I can understand that. But, just because "Someone went paranoid schizophrenic and cut someone's head off" does not mean that it has to have anything to do with radical muslims.

It may, it may not.

That was the point I tried to make and was accused of being a "bleeding heart" for terrorists.

• Like 2

What strikes me about this whole situation is how well our media does terrorists' jobs for them. The purpose of terrorism is not so much actual damage, but the fear of that. Every time I see that mask-wearing knobhead with the dumbo accent, it annoys me that we are continually shown it. If we really wanted to ameliorate the effects, it should reported and not shown. I know people who want to see that stuff can find it, but all the media exposure does is have people jumping at shadows - exactly what the bad guys want.

Well, exactly, that's what I keep saying, but people keep trying to misinterpret it as saying that "Oh, you don't believe terrorism exists, do you" (sarcastic sneer) and so on. If you try to consider the question in any reasoned way, you're accused of sticking your head in the sand and refusing to take this threat to the survival of civilisation seriously.
  • Like 1

You have not heard of any beheadings by terrorists?

Well, that explains a great deal then doesn't it. The rest of the world seems to be aware of them.

I would explain that I was replying to this quote When there are Jihadis all over the world cutting off people heads, and asking whether in fact there are jihadis cutting off people's heads all the time all over the world, but there'd probably not be much point, would there, since you're such an expert at twisting what people say and sneering at them. Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

growl

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

Well, exactly, that's what I keep saying, but people keep trying to misinterpret it as saying that "Oh, you don't believe terrorism exists, do you" (sarcastic sneer) and so on. If you try to consider the question in any reasoned way, you're accused of sticking your head in the sand and refusing to take this threat to the survival of civilisation seriously.

Who said you do not think terrorists exist? You seems to think that people regard them as supernatural and undefeatable and everything. I have no idea where you are getting this all from. The only objections to your posts is that you seem to downplay the immediate threat and treat the situation as if this was some rowdy schoolkids. People have explained why it is a real threat to them, and you just pooh pooh them and say they are over reacting. It is condescending to belittle others reasoning with nonsense about the supernatural.

• Like 1

I would explain that I was replying to this quote When there are Jihadis all over the world cutting off people heads, and asking whether in fact there are jihadis cutting off people's heads all the time all over the world, but there'd probably not be much point, would there, since you're such an expert at twisting what people say and sneering at them.

You are the one sneering with your condescending remarks acting as if people are reacting to nothing at all. I gave you many names of people beheaded in the last couple of years. How does that not directly answer your question above?

You were also told if you google the right words that you will get a million results, Again, you just said Ohh that's silly, it has not happened to a million people. But I bet if we looked back over only the last hundred years, I would not mind betting it has happened that many times.

What I said, is jumping to that conclusion is not an unreasonable thing to do.

I also outlined the very real and imminent threat of radicalisation of youth and sleeper cells, all of which are happening and being uncovered in the here and now. I answered your question, and you just went of on a rant. All I tried to say from the start is this does happen a lot, and it is no wonder that is where people point fingers at first. I do not see anything unreasonable about that at all.

So giving you a direct answer to your questions is sneering and twisting your words is it? Would you care to elaborate on that?

Do you ever actually discuss subject titles, or just posters commenting on them? I cannot say I have ever seen you produce factual information pertaining to a subject title with a supporting link yet.

• Like 2

See, everybody, classic psyche tactics there. Single out one or two words, take them out of context and take them over-literally, and go on about them for pages and pages if you give him a chance. Yes, read my lips, it is over reacting to say that ISISIS could over-run America and hoist their Black Flag of Terror over the White House. Do you agree that it would be over-reacting to say that? But people having been saying that they've said they want to do that, and, rather than treating such bluster with the derision it deserves, people seem to be taking it seriously, by reacting with fear and loathing, and attributing any random criminal act in any Western country to them. It's perfectly right to react to this crowd with loathing, don't get me wrong, but being in such awe of them puts one at a disadvantage to begin with. Treat them how they ought to be treated, but don't give them the credibility by taking their propaganda seriously.

• Like 1

This story, I thought, makes some pertinent points.

The video was described as "sickening" by the United States and provoked widespread anger as well as fear — which experts say is precisely the group's intention

For Rita Katz, director of extremist monitoring group SITE, releasing videos of the beheadings of Sotloff and journalist James Foley before him "has a straightforward purpose from an analytical standpoint: intimidation."

"The brutality demonstrated in the video says, 'Don't mess with us.'"

:w00t::lol::tu:

Do you have any idea how being aware of the terrorist threat translates into thinking terrorists are invincible or supernatural?

No I don't.....but making accusations like that....and also trying to stifle discussions by stating the

bleedin' obvious like...not every act of violence is terrorist related, seems to be a way to try and appear

all superior and above the natural concerns that the average person has.....?

• Like 1

Bee, you're doing just the same as your new friend psyche is doing, taking one or two words, taking them literally, and harping on endlessly about them. "Trying to stifle discussion"? In what way is disputing the assumptions that were leapt to in this thread trying to stifle discussion? Surely it's just the opposite, it promotes discussion by questioning the accepted assumption. Or by "Discussion" so you mean "everyone agreeing with the assumption I've leapt to, and agreeing with me how dreadful it is"?

Bee, you're doing just the same as your new friend psyche is doing, taking one or two words, taking them literally, and harping on endlessly about them. "Trying to stifle discussion"? In what way is disputing the assumptions that were leapt to in this thread trying to stifle discussion? Surely it's just the opposite, it promotes discussion by questioning the accepted assumption. Or by "Discussion" so you mean "everyone agreeing with the assumption I've leapt to, and agreeing with me how dreadful it is"?

To be honest...you have not expressed yourself very well on this and other subjects about ''''IS''' (IMO)

Using excessive sarcasm and provocation....but that's your style and sometimes it is very amusing

but sometimes it is very annoying.... :)

Not expressed myself very well? You mean not agreeing with some people? So it's trying to stifle discussion is it?

Well, google "greyhound bus beheading" I.E. Tim McLean and Vincent Li. That had nothing to do with jihadis but the jihadis were beheading people, at that time.

The timing of this proves absolutely nothing. It does, however, suggest a lot and that is what people here are responding to. I can understand that. But, just because "Someone went paranoid schizophrenic and cut someone's head off" does not mean that it has to have anything to do with radical muslims.

It may, it may not.

I agree. I'm just saying it seems completely normal to make a rash assumption about beheadings. Like if someone ate someone's face off people would assume it involved bath salts, if that had been hitting headlines recently.

Let's say a gang calling themselves the Vegetarians for Justice Group were going around disembowelling meat eaters, and the story was on every front page, and every TV news headline, and then someone was disembowelled down the end of your street, it would be relatively natural to assume it was the VJG. Rightly or wrongly...

But as this group doesn't exist, racial profiling can't be blamed, so its ok

• Like 1

Hey, I found a link to the show! LINK Worth a watch for anyone who can spare the time.

In that show it will show those youths that come from broken homes and poor backgrounds are targets for IS recruiters, they see how hard life is for them, and convince them how they can make a difference for people even worse of and be a Hero. For many, the chance to make something good of themselves seems a huge incentive, the twisted teachings turn these poor lost souls into mindless killing zombies that nobody respects. They lose in every way when promised a better life. Mosques do not seem to be recruiting these troubled youths, it's the smaller chapters that set up temporarily with sick people duping others into thinking they are making their lives, and the lives of other better. They prey in the noble spirit left in these troubled youths and twist than sense of morality into a mindless killing machine. Whilst most Muslims may not be terrorists, most terrorists are Muslims.

Hello New Friend... :D

Thanks for the link..I'm watching it now...it's interesting seeing a discussion programme on the subject

from another country...

:tu:

• Like 1

In most of the world random killings rarely involve beheading. For that reason I suspect whoever did this, whether deranged or whatever, got the idea from Iraqi behavior, although the circumstances seem to show no direct connection.

I wonder if anyone remembers the wave of beheadings that the Mexican drug cartels did and still do?

quote:

Police also claimed the killings may have had a ritual dimension, after searching the suspects' houses and finding shrines to "The Holy Death," a Grim Reaper figure venerated by many Mexican criminals.

The biggest mass beheading in recent history caused widespread revulsion in Mexico but little surprise. Decapitations have become as commonplace in the increasingly vicious narco turf battles as stabbings are in London. During August alone, gangsters hacked off 30 craniums across the country - adding to the total of almost 200 beheadings in 2008 so far. Heads have been stuck on crosses, shoved into iceboxes and left in car trunks along with snakes.

"The gangsters use these bloody tactics to try and win a psychological war against their enemy and sow terror in the population," says Luis Astorga, author of several books on the cartels. "But neither side is winning, and the violence just spirals without end as the gangs keep raising their bets and killing in more spectacular ways."

http://www.ioangrill...co/mexico16.php

And the Rwandan genocide, I remember well when it wasx on the news, hundreds of mutilations and beheadings

"Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days. Most of the dead were Tutsis - and most of those who perpetrated the violence were Hutus"

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

I guess beheading may be more common around the world than I had thought. SE Asia has its criminals but they don't do that sort of thing, as far as I know, but then I was wrong about the rest of the world.

• Like 2

Does anyone remember, that the UK used to do quite a lot of butchery and be4hadings? We even learned in school how the prisoners at the Tower were beheaded, and their heads placed on spikes!

heres the infamous chopping block, (that Ive seen up close for real)

2661002949_de9c1f1ba6.jpg

Executions by Beheading

Death by beheading with the use of the axe could be a terrifying prospect. The executioners often took several blows before the head was finally severed. If the executioner' axe was sharp and his aim was true, beheading was quick and relatively painless. If the instrument was blunt, the axeman inexperienced or careless, then the execution might take several strokes to sever the head. This was certainly the case in the execution by beheading of the brave Countess of Salisbury who was struck eleven times with the axe before she died.

Executions by Beheading - the Traditions

Various traditions were observed at executions by beheading. A raised platform was built (scaffold) and covered with straw. A minister of the church would be available to offer religious comfort to the victim. The victim would be expected to pay and forgive the executioner. It would be hoped that the headsman completed his job swiftly and with care. The condemned prisoner was usually given the opportunity to address the spectators - with the King's permission. The heads of traitors were displayed on top of spikes on London Bridge.

http://www.ancientfortresses.org/executions-beheading-tower-of-london.htm

And lastly, the tale of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, had many statements about beheadings, like:

"YOU'D better not talk!'said Five. `I heard the Queen say only yesterday you deserved to be beheaded!"

"and we put a white one in by mistake; and if the Queen was to find it out, we should all have our heads cut off, you know"

"The Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at her for a moment like a wild beast, screamed `Off with her head! Off--"

I wonder if that book will ever be revised...

• Like 3

I guess beheading may be more common around the world than I had thought. SE Asia has its criminals but they don't do that sort of thing, as far as I know, but then I was wrong about the rest of the world.

Does anyone remember, that the UK used to do quite a lot of butchery and be4hadings? We even learned in school how the prisoners at the Tower were beheaded, and their heads placed on spikes!

heres the infamous chopping block, (that Ive seen up close for real)

It was quite popular among the French at one time too, you may recall.

There are ways and there are ways to behead someone. A guillotine is humane (if executing someone can be humane), cutting their head off with a kitchen knife or something like that is horrible.

• Like 1

See, everybody, classic psyche tactics there. Single out one or two words, take them out of context and take them over-literally, and go on about them for pages and pages if you give him a chance. Yes, read my lips, it is over reacting to say that ISISIS could over-run America and hoist their Black Flag of Terror over the White House. Do you agree that it would be over-reacting to say that? But people having been saying that they've said they want to do that, and, rather than treating such bluster with the derision it deserves, people seem to be taking it seriously, by reacting with fear and loathing, and attributing any random criminal act in any Western country to them. It's perfectly right to react to this crowd with loathing, don't get me wrong, but being in such awe of them puts one at a disadvantage to begin with. Treat them how they ought to be treated, but don't give them the credibility by taking their propaganda seriously.

re underlined....that is over reacting...saying that...

People are not attributing ANY criminal act in ANY Western country to them...

We won't be hearing any more about it now though until the court case, whenever that is...

the article below ends with...

http://www.anorak.co...-a-muslim.html/

Of course, now the suspect has been charged, media is restricted from reporting anything that might prejudice a subsequent jury trial. But one fact can be shared: Mr Salvador did not shout Alluah Wakbar in court. He might be a Muslim, but he looks like no jihadi we’ve seen.

I'm not sure what a 'jihadi' is supposed to look like.... :mellow:

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

It's the beard. :santa: