Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman found beheaded in North London

CatFromHell

So why are there so many threads about them? They all sprang after they beheaded that journalist. That seems to have have driven people over the edge and prompted people into a frenzy of fury, very similar to the response after 9/11, although surely that comparison must show how disproportionate the response is. All this "don't mess with Uncle Sam, don't kick the bear, you are unleashing a whirlwind of retribution". I don't know if anyone has actually said "you are unleashing a whirlwind of retribution", but they've certainly said the others, and it's a good phrase so I'd recommend someone uses it. I do think the response has been disproportionate, and verging on the hysterical, and if people really can't see that then I'm really sorry, but it's not my fault.

So would it have been better to not report on the beheaded journalist at all? Should we have no sympathy for the family of the journalist because we're all so hysterical? It's big news man, a fanatical religious group of terrorists are killing innocent people on a daily basis, whether they be American or not this is a story that should be on the news because it's disgraceful and should not be tolerated by anyone. I do question whether or not the US will handle the situation appropriately however that is not something that is in my control, and I suspect had it been a Journalist from another nation that nation would surely be displeased to say the least. Given the track record of the US tolerance for factions of this nature I would say that some of those responses are pretty spot on.

I have no fear of ISIS because I am in no immediate danger from them, however reading through the atrocities that they have commited and seeing pictures of the innocent people they have been slaughtering angers me and sickens me. Those who don't believe this is a major problem that needs to be solved obviously have no compassion for their fellow man.

• Like 2

So why are there so many threads about them?

Because "they" are in our faces.

The stem of the threat attains the focus. In the meantime, we have the smaller problems that stem from this great evil to deal with, such as radicalisation of youth, violent protest, suicide bombers and sleeper cells. These are real everyday problems that the everyday world faces in every country. Referring to the head of the snake is just human nature, but dealing with the everyday problems seems to be what you consider panic, when it is most assuredly not. It might be more accurate to broach each and every aspect of these subjects, but perhaps that might expand this to a then insane number of threads.

You need to stop personalising people as to how you perceive their posting. What you seem to perceive appears to be far more dramatic than that which everyday people reflect. People are allowed to voice their gravest concerns, that is why we have discussion forums.

• Like 1

So would it have been better to not report on the beheaded journalist at all? Should we have no sympathy for the family of the journalist because we're all so hysterical? It's big news man, a fanatical religious group of terrorists are killing innocent people on a daily basis, whether they be American or not this is a story that should be on the news because it's disgraceful and should not be tolerated by anyone. I do question whether or not the US will handle the situation appropriately however that is not something that is in my control, and I suspect had it been a Journalist from another nation that nation would surely be displeased to say the least. Given the track record of the US tolerance for factions of this nature I would say that some of those responses are pretty spot on.

I have no fear of ISIS because I am in no immediate danger from them, however reading through the atrocities that they have commited and seeing pictures of the innocent people they have been slaughtering angers me and sickens me. Those who don't believe this is a major problem that needs to be solved obviously have no compassion for their fellow man.

The only thing I do not like about this post is that I am limited to the number of likes I can give it. It deserves at least 4 more than my capabilities will allow.

• Like 1