Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery cell-phone towers found across US

UM-Bot

Is it just me, or does this seem like 1984 to you?

I think George Orwell was like Jules Verne. He saw into the future.

• Like 1

I think this sums it up......"What we find suspicious is that a lot of these interceptors are right on top of U.S. military bases,"

I think it is fairly obvious it is government / military, maybe part of their own communications network, or legitimately sanctioned taps and intercepts, who knows. Obviously another tool in their arsenal that they aren't going to say a lot about.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does this seem like 1984 to you?

Because mystery towers knock my teeth out while in secret prison

ig nor ants is blue iss

I would have to agree with The Blaze on this. Much ado about nothing, but Stingray and other such systems do exist. I have heard conversations on my police scanner that suggests such equipment is in use in my county. They're chasing gang members and drug dealers.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with The Blaze on this. Much ado about nothing, but Stingray and other such systems do exist. I have heard conversations on my police scanner that suggests such equipment is in use in my county. They're chasing gang members and drug dealers.

Panicky makes headlines though. I'm not too worried about these "towers" nor this wild conspiracy theory surrounding them. It is known we're being spied upon, for the good (and of course, the bad), the existence of these things doesn't change that fact, nor does it make it any worse or any better.

If someone is truly worried about these, contact the land-owner where these are planted. Do some investigation instead of getting all twisted into knots about it.

• Like 2

Wait a minute here. If they wanted to spy on us ... then wouldn't it make sense to tap into the legit towers we are all using? I'm not understanding why they would need a separate network to achieve that.

Also, If it works some other way and we can tap into towers not specifically owned by "anybody" does that mean we get to communicate for FREE?

I don't see the point of these towers other than as an isolated network for military communications and don't we kind of expect the military to keep their communications confidential anyway?

• Like 2

Panicky makes headlines though. I'm not too worried about these "towers" nor this wild conspiracy theory surrounding them. It is known we're being spied upon, for the good (and of course, the bad), the existence of these things doesn't change that fact, nor does it make it any worse or any better.

If someone is truly worried about these, contact the land-owner where these are planted. Do some investigation instead of getting all twisted into knots about it.

Agree completely. The actual towers that are for whatever reason suspect, should be investigated. I cannot imagine hackers and credit card thieves having the wherewithal to actually build towers. Anything is possible of course, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

If one owned such a device that can be operated remotely, why put it on a fixed tower? I would have it in a properly equipped van, and travel the city. :tu:

• Like 1

i'm sure if someone were to blow up those towers, the owner would eventually surface

The owner should be public information, in county or city books of real estate ownership and legal description. In most cases it is easy to determine ownership of any piece of property.

• Like 1

The owner should be public information, in county or city books of real estate ownership and legal description. In most cases it is easy to determine ownership of any piece of property.

Yup. This isn't a mystery that's difficult at all to get to the bottom of. Requires a modest (if even that) bit of legwork and some phone calls/emails. Seems to me, though, that the conspiracy might be more interesting than the actual truth, but we'll have to wait and see how this plays out (if it even does).

• Like 1

i'm sure if someone were to blow up those towers, the owner would eventually surface

I bet with them being so secretive about these towers. if anyone blew some up. said person would just disappear.

Why should a military communication system (or possibly one used by one or other of the many Intelligence services) be investigated at all? Who should they be investigated by, and on what grounds other than vague suspicion that they're vaguely sinister in some way?

• Like 1

The guy who discovered this said there is no actual fake cell towers, the cell towers are virtual, done with a laptop, or a server box, which could be in a backroom of a McDonalds, or in a person's home, or in the back of a car.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I'm going to guess that like a large radio tower, a cell tower in the USA has to be licensed by the FCC. Since they are not being taken down and owners penalized then we can safely guess these are government related and likely a security clearance is required to know who runs them or what they're being used for.

pen and paper $2.00

• Like 1

Making something out to be wilder and scarier than it needs to be: priceless.

• Like 3

Here in Belgium we have roads, and brigdes who leads to nothing. Even Bridges without a river of something beneath it. Al build on bribes..

Can you provide a source for that? I'd like to see some of those bridges and roads. The bridges I could guess are built over "nothing" until the area floods. The roads to nowhere...got me. Guess they ran out of material/money. Bribing for an unfinished product? Now that's strange.

It's certainly not unknown in Italy.

That's all bs that they don't know who owns them. It's either military or intelligence agencies imo. Not hackers, they must really think people are stupid.

Can you provide a source for that? I'd like to see some of those bridges and roads. The bridges I could guess are built over "nothing" until the area floods. The roads to nowhere...got me. Guess they ran out of material/money. Bribing for an unfinished product? Now that's strange.

I saw this in a tv program a few years back about our government waisting money. Those roads/bridges are build in recent times.

bj74wi.jpg

Here is a dok that costed about 200 million euro, and it has ever been officially opened. In 98 they digged a new one.

G]http://i59.tinypic.com/zn2a8x.jpg[/img]

A shiplift never used since there are no ships passing..

2zsxp1c.jpg

A road and bridge that leads nowhere.

3322tr4.jpg

And many more like these. There is even a 16 km long channel Bossuit-Kortrijk who was widened in the 70ties, with ultra-modern shiplifts, who are till this day manned with workers. And there passes hardly one ship a month.

It seems it works like this... Its some kind of pyramide game. With on top politicians. from the lowest suplier of materials to building companies, to study-bureaus, to achitects, to politicians each one bribes the one above him. Remember the Agusta-scandal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agusta_scandal

And more recently the Fyra-trains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyra

This system is even used in most medium and large companies. I know personally a brand new build factory of over 200.000 square meters with 300 band new weaving machines, and all other machines to produced the treath ad prepare the cloth who never weaved 1 meter of textile. After 10 years everthing was moved to asia and the building was sold for storage.

Edited by Sucellos

Here is another article about them. I would think if it wasn't the US government using them and they are near military bases then seems like they would take them down. In this article they say the NSA doesn't need towers to spy on us.

The cops would use them, though.

http://finance.yahoo...-162645809.html

:unsure:

Precisely. If they were a concern they would be down already.