Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pound falls as Yes vote strengths.

Guest Br Cornelius

Well its karma. What goes around come around. From Prima Nocte to this day. Also England is not what is used to be. Politicians and police cover up crimes where over 1000 children were being raped by Asians in order to not shake the liberal multiculturalism boat. For instance.

Prima Nocte is nothing more than an Urban (or Rural Legend):

Droit du seigneur (/ˈdrɑː də sˈnjɜr/; French pronunciation: ​[dʁwa dy sɛɲœʁ]) refers to a widespread popular belief, centered on a late medieval, European context, concerning (supposed) legal rights allowing the lord to spend a night and have sexual relations with a subordinate woman. The putative rights are known also as jus primae noctis mainly when they include the notion of "first night".[1]

According to the most known variant, it was an alleged legal right allowing the lord of a medieval estate to take the virginity of his serfs' maiden daughters.

There is no evidence, however, that the alleged rights ever actually existed in medieval Europe, much less that they were ever exercised,[2] although there is evidence of the practice in certain other regions and time periods.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

When people base their history on a Hollywood film then you know that reason is unachievable...

• Like 1

Ex-pats like Bryan Cox, Sean Connery

and Alan Cummings all support the

Yes vote in Scotland.

The eyes of the world may be on

Scotland but the ayes prefer to ****

off and live abroad.

I think I'll put our own little poll here, please feel free to tick as appropriate. The results will of course be legally binding.

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Aye
  • Noooo*

* in honour of Robin Williams

• Like 2

I think I'll put our own little poll here, please feel free to tick as appropriate. The results will of course be legally binding.

• Aye
  • Noooo*

Noooo, but lets declare independance from them!

• Like 1

Has the UN sent observers to make sure there's no fraud or intimidation, and as a peacekeeping force if necessary?

• Like 1

Has the UN sent observers to make sure there's no fraud or intimidation, and as a peacekeeping force if necessary?

This isnt Afganistan, we don't have gangs outside our polling booths giving out beatings to people voting the wrong way.

This isnt Afganistan, we don't have gangs outside our polling booths giving out beatings to people voting the wrong way.

And yet we are on track for a civil war over this ..........

Br Cornelius

• Aye
  • Noooo*

(Ahem. To respond in the correct manner)

Ah'm mair leanin' taewards a strong "mebbe's naw....

:w00t:

Anyway, my vote has been cast, so it is all up to my fellow Scots to see just how strongly they feel towards this. We'll know either way early Friday morning. Then the real horse trading begins.

Hopefully, they'll not be any sort of civil war, but you never can tell. All depends on just how badly the Yes lot will take it if they don't get to emulate Mel Gibson... And no, we won't have any UN peacekeepers on the ground to keep the piece. For pete's sake, there's a few places on earth even they would try and enter, and that includes districts in Glasgow... :cry:

• Like 5

• Aye
  • Noooo*

You haven't accounted for the 400,000 "don't knows".

You haven't accounted for the 400,000 "don't knows".

Ok then, make a third option:

• Och, ah dinnae ken.

• Like 2

I hope they vote yes, but I think the majority will vote no.

I totally agree... I am fed up with Scottish Members of Parliament being allowed to vote on purely English / Welsh matters, whilst English / Welsh / NI MP's are not allowed to vote on purely Scottish matters...giving Scotland a greater degree of devolution, if they vote "No" , is just not acceptable... It is a United Kingdom

• Like 2

Br Cornelius

..............on track towards a civil war, talk about being hysterical. the Scots aren't savages, look at the whole debate, two years and nothing to suggest a civil war. i am proud how the Scots have entered and conducted themselves in this referendum. not surprised, because i expected no less. they are displaying the values shared throughout the UK, and that's democracy at its best. Look at the monumental decision being taken here, the potential of splitting the united kingdom up, 307years of union. and its being done through the ballot box. not by the sword or gun, the United Kingdom is showing the world how democracy is truly done. dictators around the word take note democracy in action, we practice what we preach, and believe me there will be western countries who will look on in amazement.

If anyone had any doubt about the value of democracy look no further than this referendum. an entire nation deciding their destiny. its remarkable and a privilege to be alive to witness it first hand. people will read about this day in History books long after were all gone. whichever way the vote goes democracy is the ultimate winner.

• Like 1

As the Huffington Post tends to be, this tends toward the facetious, but it does raise some questions worth considering: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/18/scottish-referendum-uk-areas-independent_n_5842894.html

As the Huffington Post tends to be, this tends toward the facetious, but it does raise some questions worth considering: http://www.huffingto..._n_5842894.html

It's nothing new. just look across europe. at all the separatist movements. encyclopaedia Britannica has great articles on it, but Wiki will do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

And yet people will still think Scotland would be fast tracked into the EU, not on your nelly.

..............on track towards a civil war, talk about being hysterical. the Scots aren't savages, look at the whole debate, two years and nothing to suggest a civil war. i am proud how the Scots have entered and conducted themselves in this referendum. not surprised, because i expected no less. they are displaying the values shared throughout the UK, and that's democracy at its best. Look at the monumental decision being taken here, the potential of splitting the united kingdom up, 307years of union. and its being done through the ballot box. not by the sword or gun, the United Kingdom is showing the world how democracy is truly done. dictators around the word take note democracy in action, we practice what we preach, and believe me there will be western countries who will look on in amazement.

If anyone had any doubt about the value of democracy look no further than this referendum. an entire nation deciding their destiny. its remarkable and a privilege to be alive to witness it first hand. people will read about this day in History books long after were all gone. whichever way the vote goes democracy is the ultimate winner.

I was been iron in light of rabid mongooses earlier assertions.

Br Cornelius

I was been iron in light of rabid mongooses earlier assertions.

Br Cornelius

We will have to wait and see if worst case scenarios play out.

I'm going to predict that when many get to the ballot box, when it comes to that the big moment, they will throw caution to the wind. My prediction is 55% will vote for independance.

I think they will later regret it as businesses move from Scotland triggering a recession.

Br Cornelius

I don't think that this referendum was/is divisive enough to warrant a war of any sort. Will there be a bitter taste left in the independence movement with all the scaremongering and threats? sure, but Scotland is no Ukraine and England no Russia. But the manner in which Westminster conducted itself in trying to force the Scottish public into submission with threats on jobs, currency and natural resources will be a lodestone that will eventually sink the UK in years to come if it hasn't already.

Cheers

• Like 2

I totally agree... I am fed up with Scottish Members of Parliament being allowed to vote on purely English / Welsh matters, whilst English / Welsh / NI MP's are not allowed to vote on purely Scottish matters...giving Scotland a greater degree of devolution, if they vote "No" , is just not acceptable... It is a United Kingdom

...if only the English establishment had your views the. we'd all be happy and content. Alas, Westminster and the 'better together' campaign and their entire argument based on the case that Scottish independence hasn't been made yet will win. Not that Scotland shouldn't be independent mind you. So in other words half the electrorate want independence now and the other half isn't convinced that a Scottish state is viable right now.

So it seems that there is more of the same "chit" that has you fed-up with Scots and their uneven representation in the UK headed your way. Ahhhh... Life is grand!

First results in (or so the radio declares) and it's s No for the orkanies (sp?)

Orkney's. When you fly from here to there it's the first part of Britain you come to.

Edit: population 21,000.

Edited by Likely Guy