Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MH370: The persistence of conspiracy theories

Waspie_Dwarf

Malaysia Airlines MH370: The persistence of conspiracy theories

Six months after the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 it is still the subject of a slew of explanations. Why has this tragedy prompted such a wave of conspiracy theories?

Sudden, dramatic events often provoke conspiracy theories - particularly where the official version is disbelieved. Think JFK, Princess Diana, 9/11.

But in the case of MH370 there is not even an official version. Nobody knows what happened to MH370. It's a modern mystery.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 4

And one without any clues what so ever ! Funny how all the armchair experts are now silent !

If its man made,Its possible that it just came outta the Sky all on its own ! :nw: Seem-salal-beam !

Even the families of the victims are saying authorities are withholding information. I think all these conspiracies are just coming up as a need for explanation and closure. We can't grasp that the ocean is truly that deep and that finding this plane is really going to take some time. I never heard of the Chinese submarine theory until reading this article and I thought I heard them all. There's so much distrust between citizens and governments these days but I can't say it is unjustified.

Well, hopefully we get an answer this year. Until them I'm sure even more bizarre claims are going to come out. I feel bad for the families. They just want closure.

• Like 3

And one without any clues what so ever ! Funny how all the armchair experts are now silent !

If its man made,Its possible that it just came outta the Sky all on its own ! :nw: Seem-salal-beam !

You are one "armchair expert" who has not remained silent, eh Don? :tu:

• Like 1

You are one "armchair expert" who has not remained silent, eh Don? :tu:

Even the families of the victims are saying authorities are withholding information. I think all these conspiracies are just coming up as a need for explanation and closure. We can't grasp that the ocean is truly that deep and that finding this plane is really going to take some time. I never heard of the Chinese submarine theory until reading this article and I thought I heard them all. There's so much distrust between citizens and governments these days but I can't say it is unjustified.

Well, hopefully we get an answer this year. Until them I'm sure even more bizarre claims are going to come out. I feel bad for the families. They just want closure.

The search for Amelia Earhart is an example on how difficult it is.

• Like 2

Thats correct babe Ruth ! Since Im far from an Armchair expert, I stay busy Looking, Listening Learning,posting ! I do know this ! You know no more than the rock on the bottom of the ocean to what happened to FLT 370 ! Just Like Me !

Malaysia Airlines MH370: The persistence of conspiracy theories

There are those who simply concoct unfounded conspiracies out of shear ignorance. TWA 800 and 9/11 are prime examples.

• Like 2

Today I read that the Aussie`s are actually about to throw in the towel on this until a later date ,Like Never !

Today I read that the Aussie`s are actually about to throw in the towel on this until a later date ,Like Never !

Also today the media said that one of the Top Police Chiefs said that the Girlfriend to Wood knows theres something being covered up !

Wow ! I wunder where thats coming from ? Any guess`s remember what sells today, Is old new`s tomorrow ! :tu:

From the OP: "But in the case of MH370 there is not even an official version."

Perhaps - at least, not to the *public*.

But here is a piece of "officialdom" for y'all, since you need to hear it only from authorities lips.

Investigators have told the media that they had advised a group of Chinese relatives of the MH370 victims that "There are sealed evidences in this investigation that will not be made public".

Is that "official" enough for y'all....?

Now, let me put their utterance into the curbstone vernacular for y'all....

It's a COVERUP.

:no:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 3

There are those who simply concoct unfounded conspiracies out of shear ignorance. TWA 800 and 9/11 are prime examples.

I see, eagle. And who might "those" be? Am I one of "those"?

When the Investigators *admit* they are lying (hiding information) then what else are us "ignorant" ones to do, lick their boots?

I can read between the lines, eagle. You could too, if you were so inclined.

• Like 3

When is the dawning of Aquarius again? ITs getting close to some news we can use ! :tu:

:yes: My, my! You are an "old bastage" now, aren't you! LOL :clap:

• Like 1

Also today the media said that one of the Top Police Chiefs said that the Girlfriend to Wood knows theres something being covered up !

Wow ! I wunder where thats coming from ? Any guess`s remember what sells today, Is old new`s tomorrow ! :tu:

Well, I don't know who this "Wood" is you refer to, but we do know that Chinese relatives of the victims hired their own team of investigators because they felt the actual Investigators are... well, they are... oh damn it, they're lying! :w00t:

Perhaps these are some of the folks that Eagle refers to as "ignorant" conspiracy theorists

But, at any rate, any Investigator worth his salt could figure out for sure Investigators are lying. that is not the hard part. the hard part is reading between the lines and figuring out what likely happened.

And of course, I am betting heavily on the the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade.

From Want China Times:

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20140310000042&cid=1101

These are the folks that committed China's 911. Very nasty people.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 2

And - oh, by the way,, how come there is this separate thread? This info could have easily been deposited into the original MH370 thread and perhaps Mods should merge the two, no?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

This is very interesting - never saw this before, not quite like this, anyway.

We knew that on March 9, claims of responsibility by Chinese Martyrs' Brigade went out to major news media markets in China. Also, we knew that about 20 Malaysian Muslims were arrested in Kuala Lumpur in connection to MH370. Here is an explanation as to why.

http://www.wantchina...000042&cid=1101

The previously unheard-of group sent a PDF statement to various journalists in China on March 9, saying, "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as payback."

The group asserts two motives for the alleged terrorist attack. The first is to retaliate against the Malaysian government for "cruel persecution," though no further details were provided. The second is to respond to the Chinese government for its persecution of the Uyghur ethnic minority, which has been blamed by Beijing for a slate of terror attacks in the last few years.

So there ya go!

It is so interesting to see the posters in the original MH370 thread actually think that because these claims of responsibility were "probably" from pranksters and needed no investigation that Investigators blew them all off LOL! Really!?!?! "Son.... Where did you get those shoes??"

So anyway, we now know for sure that investigators DID follow up with an investigation into both - the Kuala Lumpur Muslims, and also the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade folk.

Enjoy!

Hey Eagle.. do you think those Investigators are crazy conspiracy folks, too? After all, the *official* view of the Investigators is....

The Pilot did it.....

in the cockpit....

with the pushed down yoke.. :clap:

• Like 1

This is very interesting - never saw this before, not quite like this, anyway.

We knew that on March 9, claims of responsibility by Chinese Martyrs' Brigade went out to major news media markets in China. Also, we knew that about 20 Malaysian Muslims were arrested in Kuala Lumpur in connection to MH370. Here is an explanation as to why.

http://www.wantchina...000042&cid=1101

The previously unheard-of group sent a PDF statement to various journalists in China on March 9, saying, "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as payback."

The group asserts two motives for the alleged terrorist attack. The first is to retaliate against the Malaysian government for "cruel persecution," though no further details were provided. The second is to respond to the Chinese government for its persecution of the Uyghur ethnic minority, which has been blamed by Beijing for a slate of terror attacks in the last few years.

So there ya go!

It is so interesting to see the posters in the original MH370 thread actually think that because these claims of responsibility were "probably" from pranksters and needed no investigation that Investigators blew them all off LOL! Really!?!?! "Son.... Where did you get those shoes??"

So anyway, we now know for sure that investigators DID follow up with an investigation into both - the Kuala Lumpur Muslims, and also the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade folk.

Enjoy!

Hey Eagle.. do you think those Investigators are crazy conspiracy folks, too? After all, the *official* view of the Investigators is....

The Pilot did it.....

in the cockpit....

with the pushed down yoke.. :clap:

That is my conclusion as well. MH-370 was hijacked by one of the pilots because ACARS and the transponder were deliberately tampered with and the aircraft changed course and altitude without authorization. There was no mayday call, which rules out malfunctions with the aircraft.

I also see similarities between MH-370, and the 1997 crash of a Silk Air, B-737 in Indonesia, Egyptian Air 990, Mozambique Airlines Flight TM470, and the crash of Royal Air Maroc in 1994.

Interesting stuff, Eagle.

So you are telling me... what? because it happened before, it happened on MH370?

Brilliant!!

I suppose it means little to you that the Chinese Martyrs Brigade claimed responsibility, eh?

Ok, your choice

• Like 1

When the Investigators *admit* they are lying (hiding information) then what else are us "ignorant" ones to do, lick their boots?

I can read between the lines, eagle. You could too, if you were so inclined.

What I find interesting about the MH370 case is the technical aspect in which it is identical to UA93, or nearly so. ACARS, from the engine monitors in the case of 370, and from the older technology dispatch system in UA93.

In each case the ACARS showed the aircraft to be still airborne when they had considered it to have already gone down.

• Like 1

Well, what is your position in regards to TWA 800? What is your position in regards to 9/11?

Considering that a number of countries around the world issued warnings to the United States that bin Laden and al-Qaeda, would carried out an attack on America using aircraft, points to them, and let's not forget the martyr videos released by al-Qaeda after the 9/11 attack, and of course, the admssions of bin Laden and al-Qaeda for their 9/11 attack.

As far as the investigations are concern, I can call upon my own experience as a pilot, and as an airframe technician, who also specialize in metallurgy, After all, I have had to anneal steel in order to form them into complex aircraft components.

Such experience has made me aware that much of what CT'ers were posting was false and in many cases, never happened. For an example, there is no way that airliners can be switched and not set off alarm bells, but because CT'ers were unaware of the way things are run in the real world of aviation, they concocted unfounded conspiracy theories. For an example, I had to correct a conspiracy theorist for claiming that a particular photo proved that United 175 was carrying a pod. I looked that the photo closely and noticed that he had confused the paint scheme on the lower forward fuselage of United 175 as a pod and to underline my point, I posted a photo of the bottom fuselage of another United Airlines B-767, which depicted the same paint scheme. That ended the debate in its tracks.

I have had to correct conspiracy theorist who have claimed that tampering with the transponder will render an aircraft invisible. I knew that was false because the B-767 and the B-757 are not stealth aircraft and even stealth aircraft are not totally invisible to radar even without an operating transponder.

As far as explosives and thermite taking down the WTC buildings, that has been proven false as well, and as a reminder, those who have concurred with that investigation do not work for the government. In fact, some are demolition experts who were in the area when the WTC buildings collapsed and have stated they neither heard, nor saw, evidence of explosives as the WTC buildings collapsed.

I have a long list where conspiracy theorist said this and said that, which I knew from many years experience, their claims were false. Basically speaking, I am correct when I say that conspiracy theories are simply ignorant-based.

Edited by skyeagle409

Interesting stuff, Eagle.

So you are telling me... what? because it happened before, it happened on MH370?

Brilliant!!

I suppose it means little to you that the Chinese Martyrs Brigade claimed responsibility, eh?

Ok, your choice

Was the captain of MH-370 a member of that group? How many terrorist groups have taken responsibility for a particular terrorist attack in the past without evidence? How was it determined which group was responsible?

What I find interesting about the MH370 case is the technical aspect in which it is identical to UA93, or nearly so. ACARS, from the engine monitors in the case of 370, and from the older technology dispatch system in UA93.

In each case the ACARS showed the aircraft to be still airborne when they had considered it to have already gone down.

Radar tracking on United 93 was lost at the Shanksville crash site and at no time did ACARs nor radar depict any 9/11 airliner airborne after their reported crash times. In addition, United Airlines reported the loss of United 93 at the Shanksville crash site and remember, United Airlines is not a government agency.

fox1.jpg

Text: United Airlines Statement on Plane Crashes

Following is a statement issued by United Airlines on the crash of Flight 93 near Pittsburgh and Flight 175 in a location that was not immediately disclosed:

United Airlines has now confirmed that two of its aircraft have crashed.

— UA 93, a Boeing 757 aircraft, departed from Newark, N.J. at 8:01 a.m. local time, bound for San Francisco, with 38 passengers on board, two pilots, five flight attendants.

— UA 175, a Boeing 767 aircraft, departed from Boston at 7:58 a.m. local time, bound for Los Angeles, with 56 passengers on board, two pilots and seven flight attendants.

United has confirmed it will dispatch a team to Johnstown, Pa., as soon as possible to assist, in every way possible, with the investigation and to provide assistance to the family members.

“Our thoughts are with the passengers, employees and family members of those involved. Today’s events are a tragedy and our prayers are with everyone at this time,” said James E. Goodwin, United’s CEO.

Goodwin said United is working with all the relevant authorities involved in today’s events and will provide further information as soon as it is available.

http://www.washingto..._text091101.htm

pacrash93.jpg

What was the danger to city? Doomed United Flight 93 passed just south of Pittsburgh

Thursday, September 13, 2001

By Jonathan D. Silver, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

The Federal Aviation Administration said yesterday it turned over to the FBI a radar record of United Airlines Flight 93's route. The data traced the Boeing 757-200 from its takeoff from Newark, N.J., to its violent end at 10:06 a.m., just outside Shanksville, about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

As the plane neared Somerset County, air traffic controllers in Cleveland alerted their counterparts at John P. Murtha Johnstown-Cambria County Airport that a plane was about 12 miles away, "heading directly at the airport at about 6,000 feet," said Joe McKelvey, the airport's executive director.

"The Johnstown tower chief told me that under the circumstances, he was going to evacuate the tower," McKelvey said. "Before either one of us could get off the phone, the aircraft had already passed us by."

Moments later, it crashed 14 miles to the southeast, killing all 45 people aboard.

It was clear that United 93 crashed at Shanksville where radar contact was lost and the fact that radar contact was lost at Shanksville should have told you that the ACARS claim was false. This is where my experience in aviation trumps your non-experience.

Edited by skyeagle409

Four misssions:

Moon landing hoax

9/11

MH370

MH17

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Four misssions:

Moin landing hoax

A claim which was proven as false.

9/11

Which bin Laden and al-Qaeda admitted.

MH370

Comparable to other airliners that crashed in the same manner.

MH17

Which was shot down by a surface-to-air missile fired by Russian-backed rebels.

Edited by skyeagle409