Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monk to spontaneously combust on thursday

seeder

And crazy, Maybe you can meditate 'to stop' but you can't incinerate yourself w/ thought.

Need starter fuel, like they did in Vietnam in 60s.

What are you even talking about? You're wrong on so many levels, besides not knowing where to start with correcting you I also can't help wondering who you're trying to fool here, yourself or other innocent losers who've been living in a cave and won't know any better? Starter fuel? Do I really need to tell you that the body is the fuel? What do you think starts burning in cases of spontaneous human combustion? A can of petrol? And what do you mean you can't incinerate yourself with thought? That human thought can increase body temperature is an undeniable fact, Wim Hof is the very first example I mention in my latest topic. Now do you think there is a certain temperature limit that is like, impossible to go beyond? If you can do an increase of 5 degrees then there is no reason why you can't do 6 or 7, and so on, do you think there is some kind of magical value that can't be exceeded?? And as we know, 3 things are necessary for ignition, fuel (in this case the body), heat (can be generated using Tummo yoga) and oxygen (given). What more do you want?

No point to go on, you're clearly oblivious of the documented powers of human thought, my thread http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=271604 would be a good starting point, I got it all together for people like you as I had enough if uninformed people making uninformed comments like yours on this forum degrading potentially great topics. One day. Maybe one day.

That is so awesome!!!

If you can control your yin and yang with meditation..

you can use you energy and powers..

to heal or kill...

or just to burn paper with your hands..

these monks possess true power..

and true wisdom.

Mmmm. I dunno. Sounds like chicanery to me. Most monks make no such claims and are embarrassed by those who do. This sort of thing is found in Mahayana Buddhism sometimes, but is much more common in India among Hindus.

I'm wondering if something was lost in translation. He's going to meditate himself to death. You could starve yourself that way, but it would take time. Coffin will spontaneously burst into flames upon his death, or just cremated in situ? Is any of this even real? Going to check the source. Got some cheeky Monks in Thailand. Some of them pack heat.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd

If it's planned, it's not really spontaneous, now, is it?

There you go, winning the thread on page two.

• Like 1

I would say one more thing -- I don't approve. I fear what you sometimes have are depressive, suicidal people taking this route to justify it. I can't say I know this but I strongly suspect it.

Martyrdom is like that too -- I wonder at the real motives. Those who seek martyrdom should be discouraged.

And he was. The authorities stepped in and persuaded him to go to hospital, instead. The title was false since he wouldn't have burned 'tll after death, it was filtered through a media yellow journal type site, so I went to the Thai media to check it out.http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/431504/monk-ends-death-by-meditation Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Oh dear... it seems he has been stopped from doing this

Local authorities and senior monks in Chaiyaphum have stepped in to prevent a senior monk from "meditating" himself to death in a closed coffin. Phra Khru Weruwan Chantarungsi, 65, widely known as...

http://www.bangkokpo...h-by-meditation

And he was. The authorities stepped in and persuaded him to go to hospital, instead. The title was false since he wouldn't have burned 'tll after death, it was filtered through a media yellow journal type site, so I went to the Thai media to check it out.http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/431504/monk-ends-death-by-meditation

And as seen, Id already done that

And as seen, Id already done that

And everybody missed it! :cry:

Is anyone so conscientious as to read every previous post in our rush to post our opinion or our discovery? I tend to expect information I provide to already be in the thread, and for what I post to be walked over. It is the nature of the beast.

This must have been an eccentric monk, as the authorities (Thailand's Buddhists are more organized than most) would not allow it and he seems to have been on his own tangent. Theravada Buddhism as found in Thailand does not usually cotton to that sort of thing, so I was surprised when I found it was in Thailand, but know I understand it better.

• Like 2

It's Bangkok, 'nuff said.

• Like 1

What are you even talking about? You're wrong on so many levels, besides not knowing where to start with correcting you I also can't help wondering who you're trying to fool here, yourself or other innocent losers who've been living in a cave and won't know any better?

You do many things but correcting isn't one of them. Go back to taking hits, wackjob.

It's Bangkok, 'nuff said.

The Bangkok for tourists and the Bangkok for residents are different things. The Thais are a conservative, reserved people who are nevertheless tolerant and therefore relaxed if you got money.

What an amazing and peaceful way to depart from life.

Why I`m sure that the coffin is prepared with some D.Copperfield features?

What an amazing and peaceful way to depart from life.

Edited: If the body is dead then there is no signal from the brain to cremate.

Whatever...better than standing in a lions den in zoo and spouting poetry I guess.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

One of the stories of the Buddha's death is that he did something similar. He called his followers together and went into progressively deeper and deeper states of meditation and effectively committed suicide. That some believers would want to emulate that is understandable. The problem is one can't really do it -- it's a story. The actual death is under some question but most commonly thought to have been brought about by food poisoning.

There is in my opinion way too much stuff attached to meditating. It is not some magic practice where one works wonders and sees the future and all that. It is a great way to compose oneself and gain personal insights and organize ideas in one's head, but really, it is not a paranormal thing at all.

• Like 1

What are you even talking about? You're wrong on so many levels, besides not knowing where to start with correcting you I also can't help wondering who you're trying to fool here, yourself or other innocent losers who've been living in a cave and won't know any better? Starter fuel? Do I really need to tell you that the body is the fuel? What do you think starts burning in cases of spontaneous human combustion? A can of petrol? And what do you mean you can't incinerate yourself with thought? That human thought can increase body temperature is an undeniable fact, Wim Hof is the very first example I mention in my latest topic. Now do you think there is a certain temperature limit that is like, impossible to go beyond? If you can do an increase of 5 degrees then there is no reason why you can't do 6 or 7, and so on, do you think there is some kind of magical value that can't be exceeded?? And as we know, 3 things are necessary for ignition, fuel (in this case the body), heat (can be generated using Tummo yoga) and oxygen (given). What more do you want?

No point to go on, you're clearly oblivious of the documented powers of human thought, my thread http://www.unexplain...howtopic=271604 would be a good starting point, I got it all together for people like you as I had enough if uninformed people making uninformed comments like yours on this forum degrading potentially great topics. One day. Maybe one day.

Peopel can't set themselves on fire with their minds. Also your comment below...:

Now do you think there is a certain temperature limit that is like, impossible to go beyond? If you can do an increase of 5 degrees then there is no reason why you can't do 6 or 7, and so on, do you think there is some kind of magical value that can't be exceeded??

...is a patently absurd one. if a person could indeed raise their internal temperature by 5 degrees without damaging themselves then they will begin to fail as their tempearure rises. An adult with a fever of 104 is in serious trouble. As their temperature rises through 106f unconsciousness is likely and brain death immminnet if not lowered. As the temperature rises permamnet damage and death occur.

You, however, believe that if I can raise my body temp by 2 degrees then why not 4 and if by 4 then why not 8 and so on right up to a couple of hundred degrees f where the lipids begin to break down. Do you see how ridiculous this is? How childish? By your logic if you can run 18 MPH then, if you practice enough, you should be able to get to 100 mph. Do you see how silly this sounds? maybe not.

There is a "magical value" to all of these things and it is based on human physiology and physics. Someone raising their body temperature, by using their mind only, will die long before they reach a temperature that would cause the body to begin to melt, much less ignite.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

This Buddhists, is just so serious about "Enlightenment" he'll take just about any short cut to experience it. Breath in, Breath out...

This Buddhists, is just so serious about "Enlightenment" he'll take just about any short cut to experience it. Breath in, Breath out...

That's one kind of meditation -- usually the one they start novices off with.