Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schools dropping Michelle Obama's lunch prog

DieChecker

http://eagnews.org/michelle-os-healthy-school-lunches-waste-plummeting-lunch-sales-grip-schools-across-the-country/

Those schools and numerous others across the country are ditching the federal regulations and the funding that comes with them to save their cafeteria programs, which have experienced a nose-dive in sales and skyrocketing waste since the new rules were implemented in 2012.

Apparently waste is up nationwide. School costs are going up, and school income is spiraling down.

A National School Nutrition Association survey also found food waste is up in 81.2 percent of schools nationwide, and a study by Cornell and Bringham Young universities estimates the waste at $4 million per day. Students in Los Angeles schools alone are throwing away $100,000 in food per day, ABC reports.
  • Like 3

http://eagnews.org/m...ss-the-country/

Apparently waste is up nationwide. School costs are going up, and school income is spiraling down.

WHAT?! Why those ingrate ragamuffins! Don't they know Manchelle is doing it for their best interests? :w00t:
  • Like 3

If Michelle had bothered to eat anything from her pet project she would know how bad it is. All of the teachers I know bring something from home. It's petty terrible if kids that are already malnourished can't eat but a few bites.

• Like 4

Well yes, of course healthy food isn't what kids want. They'd rather eat crap and junk food and have heart problems when they're just out of college. Keeping our health care costs skyrocketing. :tu: Maybe if we had no lunch provided by schools, people might sing a different tune, but I doubt it. Always have to b**** about something.

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 3

Well yes, of course healthy food isn't what kids want. They'd rather eat crap and junk food and have heart problems when they're just out of college. Keeping our health care costs skyrocketing. :tu: Maybe if we had no lunch provided by schools, people might sing a different tune, but I doubt it. Always have to b**** about something.

So, do you put the teachers in the same category as kids who just want to eat junk food? I know a lot of teachers and as little as they make it was a big plus to get a decent lunch at a good price. Now they have to go to all of the trouble to pack something for themselves every day. Unless they throw together sandwiches, which gets tiresome every day, that is a real pain.

• Like 2

So, is it better to only have healthy choices and have half the food go into a dumpster, and have the schools actually loosing money on the deal? Or, could maybe 80% as healthy food be provided and the waste be cut in half and the schools actually be making money?

• Like 5

Research what her kid's school is serving.

So, is it better to only have healthy choices and have half the food go into a dumpster, and have the schools actually loosing money on the deal? Or, could maybe 80% as healthy food be provided and the waste be cut in half and the schools actually be making money?

Quite sensible - but it would require compromise and this president is very fond of reminding people -"I won" I suspect his charming fullback of a spouse feels the same.
  • Like 2

The healthy food goes to waste because kids parents don't feed them this food at home. I think Michelle's heart is in the right place, its a shame more american parents are not. I see this at the food store all the time, kids complain about wanting junk food til their parents cave in and buy it for them. I've seen 12 year old kids at the food store that weigh more than I do because they are so obese. This is a very serious problem in America. Follow the trail of candy for a moment; children eat what their parents eat so if the parents eat like **** then guess what, the kids do to. More Americans are having health problems from obesity to diabetes and guess what? Those problems will be their children's problems as well in due time and likely sooner than it took their parents.

My parents didn't make me eat enough veggies when I was younger, allowed me to eat like **** because they ate like **** and now I have health problems that are directly related to how I ate growing up and into adulthood. I don't blame them for my bad eating habits after I became an adult and knew better but I do blame them for allowing me to develope bad eating habits at a young age. I hold no grudge, just stating the facts.

Both my parents are diabetic from eating like **** for so many years and after being told that they would get rid of the diabetes if they ate a healthy diet ( told this ten years ago), they continued to eat like pigs. Ten years later, the old man is on multiple meds and my mom is facing insulin if she doesn't change. All this just to satisfy their taste buds! Pathetic!!!

The real kicker is when they talk **** to me about " eating like a rabbit" for eating a lot of veggies and making diet changes to improve my health problems when they eat like ravenous starved piggies. THEN, they have the nerve to complain about how expensive eating healthy is while in the same breath complain about the rising cost of their meds and health insurance. I kid you not people, I am not making this up!

• Like 5

It's almost Dickensian, how dare people not thank the government for their daily ration!

• Like 2

The healthy food goes to waste because kids parents don't feed them this food at home. I think Michelle's heart is in the right place, its a shame more american parents are not. I see this at the food store all the time, kids complain about wanting junk food til their parents cave in and buy it for them. I've seen 12 year old kids at the food store that weigh more than I do because they are so obese. This is a very serious problem in America. Follow the trail of candy for a moment; children eat what their parents eat so if the parents eat like **** then guess what, the kids do to. More Americans are having health problems from obesity to diabetes and guess what? Those problems will be their children's problems as well in due time and likely sooner than it took their parents.

My parents didn't make me eat enough veggies when I was younger, allowed me to eat like **** because they ate like **** and now I have health problems that are directly related to how I ate growing up and into adulthood. I don't blame them for my bad eating habits after I became an adult and knew better but I do blame them for allowing me to develope bad eating habits at a young age. I hold no grudge, just stating the facts.

Both my parents are diabetic from eating like **** for so many years and after being told that they would get rid of the diabetes if they ate a healthy diet ( told this ten years ago), they continued to eat like pigs. Ten years later, the old man is on multiple meds and my mom is facing insulin if she doesn't change. All this just to satisfy their taste buds! Pathetic!!!

The real kicker is when they talk **** to me about " eating like a rabbit" for eating a lot of veggies and making diet changes to improve my health problems when they eat like ravenous starved piggies. THEN, they have the nerve to complain about how expensive eating healthy is while in the same breath complain about the rising cost of their meds and health insurance. I kid you not people, I am not making this up!

Hey! Hey! There's money to be made in turning this nation into one big giant nursing home, it keeps doctors, nurses and caretakers employed. So knock off all that sensible talk, you. confused0050.gif

*chomps on greasy hamburger and greasy french fries*

Nom-nom-nom...here! Try this!..nom-nom-nom...it's good! Come to the darkside. Be one with the fat. evilgrin0013.gif

• Like 3

Hey! Hey! There's money to be made in turning this nation into one big giant nursing home, it keeps doctors, nurses and caretakers employed. So knock off all that sensible talk, you. confused0050.gif

*chomps on greasy hamburger and greasy french fries*

Nom-nom-nom...here! Try this!..nom-nom-nom...it's good! Come to the darkside. Be one with the fat. evilgrin0013.gif

:clap:

Consume, COMSUME!!!!!

If you are not over weight with multiple health problems then you are not a red- blooded american!

I think I'll go fix me some French fries covered in chili cheese with a diet soda full of aspartame followed by an entire box of cup cakes for desert. And thats just a snack in between meals. :D

Edited by StRoostifer

It's not the school's responsibility to teach your children to eat right, it's the parents. Shockingly, there are plenty of kids who eat junk food and aren't fat because they're either active or don't over eat.

• Like 6

There is a huge difference between healthy and downright bland. I love vegetables but not boiled or steamed, plain without any seasoning whatsoever.

• Like 3

It's not the school's responsibility to teach your children to eat right, it's the parents. Shockingly, there are plenty of kids who eat junk food and aren't fat because they're either active or don't over eat.

Agreed and that's why a program like Michelle's was doomed from the start despite her heart being in the right place. If the kids don't eat healthy foods at home they sure as hell won't eat it at school. It all starts in the home.

• Like 3

There is a huge difference between healthy and downright bland. I love vegetables but not boiled or steamed, plain without any seasoning whatsoever.

Oh absolutely. One thing I had to take into consideration when I was forced to eat a vegan diet was sodium. While most Americans are cutting back I'm actually adding more because there's so little of it in the foods I eat. That's where knowing what you're eating comes in handy tho. :)

• Like 2

I've seen a couple references to Michelle's heart being in the right place. When anyone thinks they know best and therefore can force millions of people to bend to their will I have serious doubts about whether their heart is in the right place. It's quite common among tyrants to tell the masses that their edicts are for their own good when that is the least of their motivations. For those that think that central control of something so personal as eating is a good idea, how would you like it if your boss got to choose your lunch? Now that smoking is on the wane, obesity is the new condition that is approved as a target for all our prejudices. There is much more to obesity than just caloric math. I've known huge people that eat as normally as anyone and skinny people who can't gain weight no matter how hard they try. In my extended family everyone is thin until the age of 55 when some latent fat gene kicks in and you double in size in less than a year. In my opinion it is much more important to preserve what freedoms we have left than to get everyone on the same diet and wearing the same size clothes. You can't legislate people into uniform health by subjecting them to ever tighter restrictions. We all get sick, we all die. There aren't enough carrots in the world to change that.

Edited by Big Jim
  • Like 6

Trying to get kids to eat healthy and keep corporations like Chick-fil-a and papa johns out of school cafeteria's is being a tyrant? Now that's laughable! :innocent:

• Like 1

Despite all the political sentiment about Michelle Obama and her stupid program, just to make a name for herself in political history, good, bad, whatever, the true fact is most school cafeteria food was nothing but crap way before she came along and tried to mess with it.

At my school they served these god awful bean burgers, french fries, pigs in a blanket and greasy goddamn pork chops all the time. Nothing but greasy tasting trash that made McDonald's look like a health food restaurant. I always brought my lunch and most of the other kids did as well. Mostly out of protest and to keep from wanting to throw the cafeteria food up. One kid had his mother bring him something from Subway just about everyday. Yeah he got made fun of it because of that, but he sure in the hell ate better.

That's what all kids in school need to do today, bring their own stuff. Screw everybody's ideals and everything else. Problem solved.

Trying to get kids to eat healthy and keep corporations like Chick-fil-a and papa johns out of school cafeteria's is being a tyrant? Now that's laughable! :innocent:

But, they don't stop with the kids. Look at Bloomberg's failed large soda ban in NYC. That had to be taken to the courts to overturn.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Despite all the political sentiment about Michelle Obama and her stupid program, just to make a name for herself in political history, good, bad, whatever, the true fact is most school cafeteria food was nothing but crap way before she came along and tried to mess with it.

At my school they served these god awful bean burgers, french fries, pigs in a blanket and greasy goddamn pork chops all the time. Nothing but greasy tasting trash that made McDonald's look like a health food restaurant. I always brought my lunch and most of the other kids did as well. Mostly out of protest and to keep from wanting to throw the cafeteria food up. One kid had his mother bring him something from Subway just about everyday. Yeah he got made fun of it because of that, but he sure in the hell ate better.

That's what all kids in school need to do today, bring their own stuff. Screw everybody's ideals and everything else. Problem solved.

I know what you mean. Brown bagging is what we called bringing your own lunch and I agree with the garbage the cafeteria served. Isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, the garbage serving cafeteria is what Michelle was trying to change? Is it really wrong to try and get schools to offer healthier foods? If the kids want garbage do they not have the option of bringing garbage from home to eat?

But, they don't stop with the kids. Look at Bloomberg's failed large soda ban in NYC. That had to be taken to the courts to overturn.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

I admit, I did not understand that one myself or agree with it and I don't even drink soda.

• Like 1

And bake sales, they have their hands in the kids bake sales.

Typical – As Michelle Obama Purges School Vending Machines Of Sugary Snacks, WH Machine Sells 590 Calorie Honey Buns

Posted by Adam Sharp on Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 at 4:42 pm

It has been widely reported that Michelle Obama’s fight against childhood obesity in America’s schools has reached past the lunchroom into bake sales and even the vending machines.

The First Lady’s new standards remove any sugary snacks over 200 calories from the machines. Sometimes machines are emptied all together leaving students upset and hungry.

Not willing to put her healthy vending machine items where her mouth is–

Michelle’s hypocrisy is on full display in the place where she should have the most influence, The White House vending machine:

http://www.progressivestoday.com/typical-as-michelle-obama-purges-school-vending-machines-of-sugary-snacks-the-white-house-veding-machine-sells-600-calorie-honey-buns/

• Like 2