Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schools dropping Michelle Obama's lunch prog

DieChecker

Damnit man! confused0028.gif You just had to go there didn't ya?! I mean about the banana...got me thinking about one of these now....

exps37953_Page_23.jpg

;)

O god how I love pizza. ashamed0006.gif Ya'll are killing me here.

Hey! Have some pity for those of us who just started a diet! That banana split... that's just.... WRONG, man! :cry:
  • Like 1

Yeah I know, but my undisciplined mind couldn't help but make the connection at the time when Jeremiah65 mentioned the banana. It just went there. Lol! But I know what you mean, been trying to diet for so many years now. ;)

I don't take pictures of my meals, but here is the sort of fare I expect (and receive) when I go teach at Mitsubishi or Fujitsu and eat at the cafeteria with the rest of the salarymen:

dad62c16e5b37a58d0a4f0cff851a422.jpg20130621_015221.jpgfs20120522a3a.jpg

Bear in mind these are lunches for fully grown salary men working 10 hours+ a day.

Aquatus, my mouth is watering. A little on the heavy side for me as I usually just eat a light salad for lunch, but I love rice and vegetables, steamed, boiled or just fresh right off the vine!

• 3 months later...

Hundreds of students return to the cafeteria after Montana high school relinquishes $120,000 in federal funding and drops Michelle Obama's lunch program

Hundreds of students return to the cafeteria after Montana high school relinquishes $120,000 in federal funding and drops Michelle Obama's lunch program

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3olVYBJEY

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Luddites. Saracens. Beatniks. Don't they know that they are being served crap for their own good? They need to sit down and shut up and eat what the government tells them to eat..... (Sarcasm) :whistle:

There may be hope for the future after all. :tu:

Can you guess which one is from the U.S.?

maxresdefault.jpg

School lunches from around the world.

The top left. We got our Wonder bread PB&J sandwich, some nacho cheesier Doritos, chocolate milk and an apple. Why are American kids so fat, we're giving them apples?

yeah when I was a kid, everything seem to come with carrot and raison slaw. only ever saw that in elementary school in the 60's. michelle had nothing to do with that, but I am sure some will try to hang it on her.

yeah when I was a kid, everything seem to come with carrot and raison slaw. only ever saw that in elementary school in the 60's. michelle had nothing to do with that, but I am sure some will try to hang it on her.

Yeah, that makes sense, like most of your posts.

I'm a luch lady in a high school, I can tell you some of the stuff I have to serve is..ewww. Some things are chicken taco with two taco sheels, but barely any meat to make one taco. they don't realy eat those, cold beans every day on the salad bar, needless to say nobody eats them. Sandwich that are more bread any thing else. They can't have salt or pepper. Most of the time the servings are to small for high schoolers and the servings for elementry kids are to large for them to eat. NONE of the cooks like what she has done. needless to say nobody is happy.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

LMAO!

Feds to fine schools for not following Michelle Obama's lunch rules

http://www.foxnews.c...ml?intcmp=hpbt3

Oh no! The horror!

Can they remove the program after The Obama's leave The White House?

LMAO!

Feds to fine schools for not following Michelle Obama's lunch rules

http://www.foxnews.c...ml?intcmp=hpbt3

This isn't really funny at the core of it. Schools are taking federal funds to run a federal program, then chucking the program and keeping the money. In a food way, this runs along the lines of taking funds for books for the library, then not buying books, or getting a million dollars in arts funds, then not buying arts supplies.

Or, like what is going down right now in Detroit.. school system leaders being caught with a kickback scam and invoice scam... Bribes and payouts, shorted or missing shipments of student materials to schools.

What is going on right now with MOST of the food funding is serious.. It's a stupidity and shame that a teacher got nailed for a little treat in the classroom the way the articles seem to make out.

Is this really about lunch, or just another way of training people to think as the Party tells you? Fines for not eating from the approved menu. Fines for "denying" the Party's opinion on global warming, or is it climate change? Welcome to the Brave New World. Those having trouble adapting will be re-educated so as to help them avoid future fines. We only do it because we care. It's for your own good.

• Like 5

Who was funding these school cafeterias? Who calls the tune when they pay the piper?

• 4 months later...

Are school lunches making YOUR child fat? Study slams Michelle Obama's meals for 'fueling America's obesity epidemic'

• Kids more likely to be fat eating school meals, Virginia Tech study says
  • High fat and meat content 'is driving up the obesity epidemic' 
  • It is a damning indictment of Michelle Obama's years-long meal plan 
  • Worst-affected areas are in the South and the Northeast 

49 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Are school lunches making YOUR child fat? Study slams Michelle Obama's meals for 'fueling America's obesity epidemic'

• Kids more likely to be fat eating school meals, Virginia Tech study says
  • High fat and meat content 'is driving up the obesity epidemic' 
  • It is a damning indictment of Michelle Obama's years-long meal plan 
  • Worst-affected areas are in the South and the Northeast 

Something interesting there... The study was published in June, 2016- which at earliest would mean going from the 2014/2015 school year back eight years. They tracked kids from K-8. Michelle's lunch program was signed off in 2010, but didn't start going into effect till 2014. So most of the years of the study were based on the standard lunch program of those years, with Michelles program just entering in at the tail end of the study.

An interesting quote from the study abstract, found here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hec.3378/full

With the Community Eligibility Provision having taken effect across the nation in the 2014–2015 school year, the need to continue examining the impacts of these programs on child BMI is even greater.

The study isn't actually slamming Michelle, it's slamming the years leading up to the introduction of the program, and the author even recommends continuing study in light of the recent release.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

NM school drops Michelle O lunch rules as program future in doubt

"Many of the schools have cited increased costs associated with the regulations and declining cafeteria revenues because students refuse to eat the less appetizing offerings. In many cases, forgoing the federal subsidies to serve students foods they will buy and eat was the motivating factor."

http://eagnews.org/nm-school-drops-michelle-o-lunch-rules-as-program-future-in-doubt/