Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Marine Kills Wounded Prisoner

Dowdy

Now if I see a vehement U.S. basher and note they are from England I don't even bother debating because it's a complete waste of time....

Now why is that…? Maybe because of the word ‘******’

Pffft...But Wun, I saw a movie once that showed that America took care of the Nazis single handedly...I think england was there too, but just as an ancillary country to make the movie seem more cultered and refined...I don't think they actually did anything...

Anyway, I am pretty sure that America won WW2 without any help. That's what the movie said anyway, and if it was made into a movie it must be right...

Yeah…I’ve seen those movies as well: Isn’t America just great. Anyhow, getting back to reality, I notice very few Americans seem to credit the fact that Russia kept a large and very well armed percentage of the German army occupied at huge costs to themselves. Just maybe America wouldn’t be so ‘gung-ho’ today if it were not for that (?)

Its ok to sit here thousands of miles away and preach about humanity like vinjams does, difference is that the militants dont recognise the geneva convention , do u think that britain wiped out the IRA by using the geneva convention ?

I made a very similar point in an earlier post on this thread, something about armchair quarterbacks and not knowing what the situation was like at that time, we were not there.

What I have said about this particular incident is “Why this one”? Considering there are clearer examples of American soldiers killing wounded men I am curious as to why the media has focused on this case. I’m sure it is because, under the circumstances, there will be a very good argument in favour of the soldier.

What difference does it make if I am sitting in my armchair or at the frontline when making comments about humanitarian issues…The facts are there regardless of where I am. And what a truly petty thing to say anyway. Oh...and where are you armchair generals squatting when you are telling us all about the glory of war and the necessity for killing?

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Art Vandelay

• Hein

• twpdyp

america would by its own governments logic could possibly add itself to the "axis of evil" lol. how ironic.

364003[/snapback]

Now you are starting to see the light! Do you have any idea how many people outside the US see it exactly that way.

"Over half of Europeans think that Israel now presents the biggest threat to world peace according to a controversial poll requested by the European Commission.

According to the same survey, Europeans believe the United States contributes the most to world instability along with Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and North Korea. "

http://www.twf.org/News/Y2003/1031-Poll.html

Now why is that…? Maybe because of the word ‘******’

Exactly. I don't debate with '******s'.

Also, I'd have shot that guy playing dead with no problem. After all playing dead is against the Geneva Convention (of course your buddies the Islamic extremist terrorists don't observe this, the Geneva Convention).

Just get over it vimjams, no matter how much you argue and post links to rense.com links it doesn't negate the fact that the terrorists you are so despritaly trying to defend are cowards that hide in hospitals, mosques and even their own civilians homes to save their collective asses at the EXPENSE of their very own people.

And not to mention the fact they just killed that poor women that spent the last 30 years of her life trying to improve the lives of the Iraq's....YOU vimjams should be ashamed of yourself for trying to support and stick-up for the likes of such..

Edited by Art Vandelay

So your post was just an irrelevant attack on english people then? ahh get ya now ;-)

No, you just don't know how to comprehend what you read very well, if you read my earlier post I point-blank said that I WASN'T singling out peeps from England, it just happened to be my experience....you seem intent on being a wise-ass, you should read and comprehend more before you reply...

you seem intent on being a wise-ass, you should read and comprehend more before you reply...

It seems to be getting too hot for you in here, isn`t it? Too many facts confusing you? Is that why you are now resorting to name-calling, swearing and spelling errors?

I don’t defend and have never stuck up for terrorists or anyone who murders another human being…Show me one single word where I have done this. Jeez…Are you taking drugs or something?

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

the terrorists you are so despritaly trying to defend are cowards that hide in hospitals, mosques and even their own civilians homes to save their collective asses at the EXPENSE of their very own people.

And no matter how hard you try to convince us that the US is this great champion of human rights defending the world against evil terrorists, we know better. Coming back to an earlier point I raised: The vast majority of people in the world do not see Bin Laden as the biggest threat to world peace. They see America as the biggest threat to world peace.

We simply no longer fall for your FOX news propaganda my boy........

We simply no longer fall for your FOX news propaganda my boy....

LOL, you are still cowardly Hein, won't admit (or are embarrassed) of the country your from.

I can understand. Once compared to the U.S. you probably feel like crap about where your from.

I don’t defend and have never stuck up for terrorists or anyone who murders another human being

364567[/snapback]

That's all you do is Vimjams is stick up for terrorists, it's like it's in your blood or something....it really makes me sick.......

The problem (I dare say traditionally) of the USA is its isolationism. This is what we have today as well, only under different expression. In the beggining of the 20th century, the reason was "We don't want to be involved in your problems, (you, Europeans)". Today, that the world has become an unbelievably crowded place and distances are minimized, and because of the increased self-awareness that USA has, this isolationism has taken the form of "We will do what we have to/want to (easy to confuse) and we don't care what you think". Practically, USA chooses to ignore the International Community and, to put it simply, do whatever the heck it wants.

For some Americans (sample of whom we have here in the boards) it feels as if Europe is the "big, bad, snobby wolf" that likes the islam fundamentalists and is against USA just out of hobby. That is very untrue. Europeans, in general, are deeply concerned with terrorist threat (whether is islamic or...oceanic) and they don't have some sort of innate hatred towards the USA. What bothers Europe (again, generally speaking) is this blatantly arrogant behaviour of US administration towards the international laws and International Community. USA administration goes as far as to be so disrespective towards Europe as to say "We don't want countries like France to be able to tell us what to do". While, at the same time, the american president George W. Bush clearly gets mixed up in the European business, either by saying "Turkey has to be accepted into E.U" (personally I agree, but it's not his job to tell Europe what to do) or by creating mess inside the whole European Community, and with Greece-FYROM relations, by recognizing the latter with the controversial name "Macedonia", while the two countries were working on their issues all by themselves and within the E.U channels.

As irrelevant with the post as it might sound, I can't help remembering it. The only country in our history that has used the nuclear weapon was USA, against innocent civilians (hundreds of thousands, to be exact).

When was the trial for this crime against humanity?

I must have missed it...

it doesn't negate the fact that the terrorists you are so despritaly trying to defend are cowards that hide in hospitals, mosques and even their own civilians homes to save their collective asses at the EXPENSE of their very own people.

You really don't know what you are talking about do you....The main argument put over by your pro war friends is that the terrorists you refer to above are 'insurgents' and are from outside Iraq...Yet here you are saying that they are saving their "collective asses at the expense of their very own people"

Daily newspapers, television news and a number of web sites frequently inform us about the murders committed by terrorists...A number of and threads and posts here at UM do this as well...Just because I choose to draw attention to the daily killing of Iraqi civilians by our troops doesn't make me a lover or supporter of terrorists.

GWB and his puppet TB are not really exporting democracy and freedom to the world are they...Not according to you they are not.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

it doesn't negate the fact that the terrorists you are so despritaly trying to defend are cowards that hide in hospitals, mosques and even their own civilians homes to save their collective asses at the EXPENSE of their very own people.

You really don't know what you are talking about do you....The main argument put over by your pro war friends is that the terrorists you refer to above are 'insurgents' and are from outside Iraq...Yet here you are saying that they are saving their "collective asses at the expense of their very own people"

Daily newspapers, television news and a number of web sites frequently inform us about the murders committed by terrorists...A number of and threads and posts here at UM do this as well...Just because I choose to draw attention to the daily killing of Iraqi civilians by our troops doesn't make me a lover or supporter of terrorists.

GWB and his puppet TB are not really exporting democracy and freedom to the world are they...Not according to you they are not.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

364589[/snapback]

Have you ever ventured further than your parents basement?

I'm serious, some of us would like to know...

Art Vandelay, I collected your arguments, here we go:

That's all you do is Vimjams is stick up for terrorists, it's like it's in your blood or something....it really makes me sick.......

LOL, you are still cowardly Hein, won't admit (or are embarrassed) of the country your from.

I can understand. Once compared to the U.S. you probably feel like crap about where your from.

No, you just don't know how to comprehend what you read very well, if you read my earlier post I point-blank said that I WASN'T singling out peeps from England, it just happened to be my experience....you seem intent on being a wise-ass, you should read and comprehend more before you reply...

Exactly. I don't debate with '******s'.

Also, I'd have shot that guy playing dead with no problem. After all playing dead is against the Geneva Convention (of course your buddies the Islamic extremist terrorists don't observe this, the Geneva Convention).

Just get over it vimjams, no matter how much you argue and post links to rense.com links it doesn't negate the fact that the terrorists you are so despritaly trying to defend are cowards that hide in hospitals, mosques and even their own civilians homes to save their collective asses at the EXPENSE of their very own people.

And not to mention the fact they just killed that poor women that spent the last 30 years of her life trying to improve the lives of the Iraq's....YOU vimjams should be ashamed of yourself for trying to support and stick-up for the likes of such..

Only point proven here is that you should stop posting. Argumenting obviously isn't your strongest skill and by attacking other personally you only prove your own arrogance and unawareness of the matter itself.

The problem (I dare say traditionally) of the USA is its isolationism. This is what we have today as well, only under different expression.

Excellent post. The problem is that you are trying to use logic to convince people who do not believe in logic. They believe in "might makes right". And then they are extremely surprised to find that the majority of people in the world do not agree with them.

By the way Mr Vandalay: My country has nothing to do with the merits or not of my opinions. Unlike you, I do not believe that being born in big, brash America gives you two votes while the rest of us only gets one each.

Your opinions would have been repugnant even if you were an Iraqi.

Unlike you, I do not believe that being born in big, brash America gives you two votes while the rest of us only gets one each.

I’d be surprised if Ms Vandelay would allow the rest of the world (a vote) at all. As for being repugnant…If he’d bothered to read anything about the life of Mrs Hassan, instead of this pretence he so unashamedly espouses over her murder, he will have discovered that her work and opinions would have found him totally obscene. That is what makes her death all the more senseless.

Mr Vandelay It is your complete lack of knowledge and understanding about the world and the differing cultures around you that gives the terrorists of this world the greatest support…Not I with my criticisms of the US and how the US conducts it foreign policy.

Jeez…You are so ignorant about the real world that you actually confuse England and the English with Britain and the British. If you cannot get your facts right on such simple little issues then what possible hope have you on major ones?

Astrofix: Vandelay has no argument, he is totally devoid of that concept.

Nah nah...Na nah nah

Why don't you try answering some of the points put to you?

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Now you are starting to see the light! Do you have any idea how many people outside the US see it exactly that way.

Ive always thought this way i just dont see it all as black and white.

Art Vandelay

LOL

I can comprehend yor remarks all im saying is that there is no need for it , what does your previous disagreements with a few english people have to do with anything, what is the aim of that post ?????

So were cwards and embarrased of the countries we come from , ok?? right ;-)

Genious comeback. I dont think we even need to respond to you lol .

Well this is for all you haters

out there. If you love bashing the U.S. you'll probably love this.......

1st: FOX news...gimme a break

2nd:Your goverment is sécially know for doing almost everything to get his plans, including the harm of thei own citizens. Soo, the theory is wacko at all. Maybe a little extremist, but not wacko.

3th: I dont hate the country and his people, i hate the morons how guide them.

1st: FOX news...gimme a break

LOL, it's more reliable the the 'venerable' BBC laugh.gif

Or God help us CNN

The BBC World Service is regarded as the most trusted and respected news/information media in history. Some of you may not think so but it's a fact.

Fox news...Isn't that something to do with 'cartoons' (?)

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Well this is for all you haters

out there.  If you love bashing the U.S. you'll probably love this.......

364987[/snapback]

Here's something that might surprise you Art Vandelay. I don't hate america, neither does many of the other forum members. I'm sure this is hard to understand but let me explain you: I disagree, not dispise. I don't even hate your country's government, I just don't share the viewpoint from where the presedent Bush sees the world. The reason I suggested that you'd stop posting is that only thing getting ppl dislike americans, are attituted lke yours. Well, at least until I again remember how incredibly many good and intelligent ppl I know from there.

The BBC World Service is regarded as the most trusted and respected news/information media in history. Some of you may not think so but it's a fact.

Fox news...Isn't that something to do with 'cartoons' (?)

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

365499[/snapback]

It might be a 'fact', but it's a far fetched one at that whistling2.gif I dont get up early enough in the morning to see the world through the eyes of the BBC devil.gif but then again maybe I should wink2.gif

LOL, it's more reliable the the 'venerable' BBC 

oh my god how u can even say that about fox i dont know.

Now art vandelay and zephyr.

How can the BBC be both a supporter and hater of america.

the BBC IS the most respected and least biased news agency on earth.

remeber its state funded , now where else on the planet would you get a state funded news agency thats so critical of its govt.

not in Iran zephyr , its hilarious how you mock our country and our form of democarcy.

by tyhe way that article was a lot of crap lol.

so ****s musings about americans being hated in europe based on a conspiract theory book , people love a good conspiracy lol.

stop believing fox news' bull****.

you know about a year ago i watched fox news and friends and they had these three idiots on talking about the best way we could destroy france' economy and that perhaps ameirca could get involved in another cold war with france and germany , lol, they were bringing up WW2 , as if it had anyrelevance whatsoever, they clearly didnt even understand what had happened in ww2 either .

come FOX news is laughable, id trust Iran;s state news more than id trust fox news to give us a balanced news report lol.