Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hoaxers fool thousands with fake UFO snaps

UM-Bot

Several images showing a strange object hovering over Portsmouth have turned out to be fake.

When photographs of the object were posted online by several different witnesses over the last two weeks the mystery of the Portsmouth UFO quickly became a hot topic on social media. Nobody seemed to know what the object was and the Met Office came forward to confirm that it wasn't weather related.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-fake-ufo-snaps

At least there was an explanation for it. It is all anyone on this site wants, is to get to the truth about something unexplained no matter how important or irrelevant the eventual outcome is.

People being bamboozled by U.F.Fauxs? What else is new?

I just wanted an excuse to type U.F.Fauxs.

• Like 2

Saw this the other day. Looked fake then. It is easy to be fooled but i still have an open mind about this subject. Not signed in for a while or commented. Just find it really hard to believe that we are the most advanced race in the whole Universe! We've done alright but really!? Tribal and warlike is the best the infinite Universe can do? Hmmm?

Time for a few cliches..

"What possible reason could they have for faking it?"

"Clearly, this is what happens when something genuine is posted - the gubmint/MIB/reptilians/annunaki have moved in and made sure they 'confessed'.."

"All the armature astrologers (deliberate sics) who *also* recorded and verified this are being paid to not say anything"

• Like 3

Thousands??? Ooooooooh big deal...... just watch almost any UFO video on youtbe, forget about thousands being fooled. MILLIONS are being fooled.

• Like 3

"What’s that? You’re not really a vampire? Gee, I’m so freaking shocked."

I hate people who hoax UFO pictures

Why? Fake UFO pics only fool true believers that sit around dreaming of seeing a UFO.

If you actually saw a UAP (UFO) you wouldn't care about looking for UFO pics on the interwebz in the first place cause you would have seen one already and they don't look like the hoaxes you see on the interwebz !

It's the good ones that you have to worry about. This is why finding answers for the paranormal can never move forward. The fakes are so thick, one can get lost.

What we need is pursuit of better technology to use as actual evidence of something happening and not ghost boxes,EVP's, pics or videos. Kind of like how they are now using lasers to find lost cities, we need some kind of better use of existing tech and research to push that tech forward.

I remember a few years ago someone made an infrared head mounted camera that worked at some specific set of frequencies, supposedly able to see and capture ghost energies anyplace, any time but never heard anything else about it. Guess it didn't work.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate certain people erode the credibility of the media for the sake of personal gains. In the end, this becomes a testament to one's personal integrity or honor ... or lack of.

• Like 1

I hate people who hoax UFO pictures

I don't, they are doing their job. People need to wake up, hello folks it is a cloud.

Laura Young, from the Met Office, said: ‘After looking at the images, I can say the object is nothing to do with the weather. It is not meteorological and is not a cloud.’

They should investigate that women's credentials

I have often thought about getting some of those flashing lights you get at the dollar store and a big balloon and go out to one of the islands and put it up on long string and see what shows up on the news in the morning. Government been using UFO's to cover up their stuff for years.

• Like 1

Hoaxers have been fooling thousands for years now. Not much difference now with this news story.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate certain people erode the credibility of the media for the sake of personal gains. In the end, this becomes a testament to one's personal integrity or honor ... or lack of.

They should erode the credibility of the media for such nonsense. I am really sick of the sensationalist media that tells out and out lies to sell papers and airtime. Looking at the picture these guys did nothing to the picture to make it look like it was anything but a cloud and the news paper ran it up the flag pole. Honor! Where is the papers honor to take some time to do real research. They got caught being stupid, they deserve to have the credibility degraded. :td:

• Like 1

Well the photo hoaxers can continue to hoax, but it wont make any difference to the genuine UFO sightings, of which there are many well documented ones. I know of people who have seen them including a police officer, so for me they are a reality. I suppose it makes a good newspaper story, and that's where it ends. :whistle:

It's the good ones that you have to worry about. This is why finding answers for the paranormal can never move forward. The fakes are so thick, one can get lost.

What we need is pursuit of better technology to use as actual evidence of something happening and not ghost boxes,EVP's, pics or videos. Kind of like how they are now using lasers to find lost cities, we need some kind of better use of existing tech and research to push that tech forward.

I remember a few years ago someone made an infrared head mounted camera that worked at some specific set of frequencies, supposedly able to see and capture ghost energies anyplace, any time but never heard anything else about it. Guess it didn't work.

Just one problem though, most UFO sightings tend to be spontaneous erratic events, lasting for a very short time, so it's very difficult to photograph something like that clearly. Even the ones that hang around in the sky longer and are photographed, don't present themselves as anything other than a fuzzy blob of light. However having said that, there have been one or two very good photos taken of UFO's in the past, which haven't been proved to be hoaxes. I guess it wont just be Joe public who have pictures of the genuine article though :innocent: Edited by Oxo1
  • Like 1

Well it maybe the Old Grease in the Fish & Chip`s or too much Shepard Pie goo with the Bangers & Mash that Have those Limeys Clicking all those UFO`s It could Happen! Look at American Football ! We all think its Real ! ANd the Cowboys are going to be in the Playoffs ! LOL! :td: NOT!

Well the photo hoaxers can continue to hoax, but it wont make any difference to the genuine UFO sightings...

"Genuine"? Can you please specify which ones are "genuine" and why you think they are?

...of which there are many well documented ones.

Again, which ones are well-documented?

I know of people who have seen them including a police officer, so for me they are a reality.

But the witness's occupation has no bearing on the believability of the person in question. Absolute hard proof supported by facts is what's needed. That hasn't happened yet, during all of this time. Because if it did, that would be indisputable evidence.

I suppose it makes a good newspaper story, and that's where it ends. :whistle:

It does do that, I agree with you there.

• Like 1